Around the League: Week 6 (11/21 - 11/27)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: Around the League: Week 3 (10/31-11/6)

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:05 am
Maybe he was unqualified. Maybe years of playing PG at an elite level more than qualified him. Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle. Whatever it is I don't blame Nash for the Nets issues one bit.
They need the zen master.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Lol. KD and Kyrie and Ben leave no room for a strong coach to come in and zen master shit or change team culture. KD takes a backseat to drama and just enables and lets it build until he starts acting passive aggressive. Kyrie undermines all coaching. Ben is just trying to avoid the anxiety of expectations placed upon him. This ends one way. Blowing it up for picks. Of course I’m biased to think this because I want KD but also don’t see anyone over paying.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:15 am
Lol. KD and Kyrie and Ben leave no room for a strong coach to come in and zen master shit or change team culture. KD takes a backseat to drama and just enables and lets it build until he starts acting passive aggressive. Kyrie undermines all coaching. Ben is just trying to avoid the anxiety of expectations placed upon him. This ends one way. Blowing it up for picks. Of course I’m biased to think this because I want KD but also don’t see anyone over paying.
I don't know what kind of offers the Nets had on the table for KD, but they should have taken the best one, because they aren't getting anything close to that now :lol:

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:19 am
Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:15 am
I don't know what kind of offers the Nets had on the table for KD, but they should have taken the best one, because they aren't getting anything close to that now :lol:
Yup. they’re basically a malignant personality all star team. They just need the likes of Kawhi and Russ to round out the starting five. KD is the only player I think who can fit well enough elsewhere.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I don't want to give up a Jae/Dario/Cam package for KD, but if I'm forced to, I'll consider it.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

carey wrote:
Maybe he was unqualified. Maybe years of playing PG at an elite level more than qualified him. Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle. Whatever it is I don't blame Nash for the Nets issues one bit.
He was handed a difficult situation, made even more difficult when they traded for Simmons.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Indy

Post by Indy »

The Bobster wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:57 am
ShelC wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:53 am
Do we have to harp on it in every thread tho? It's not about sunshine pumpers...we know we missed out on Hali, Bane, Stewart and others and mismanaged the Stix situation. It just gets annoying reading about it everyday.
Yeah, I want to talk about that Dennis Johnson for Rick Robey trade a little more because I'm sure there's still a lesson to be learned.
That doesn't have any direct affect on today's team. The huge miss on Smith over Hali does. Who cares what people talk about as long as it is team related in the team section of a Suns message board?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Does Marks have the support of ownership to tear this down? If he does, they absolutely need to tear it down. KD will for sure ask out again and probably has already told them in private. I’d be shocked if KD is there beyond the deadline. Kyrie will be hard to trade, but they should send him as fast as they can to LA for Westbrook and those picks if they can get them.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

TOO wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:51 am
I keep forgetting its not ok to post my thoughts if they don't align with the sunshine pumpers. Apologies. Back to my cave of misery.
I think it's more that people just get annoyed. It's kind of like Klay Thompson saying "4 rings" over and over again at Booker. He gets it just like we all get it re: Haliburton. Big miss by the Suns. I'm not saying don't talk about it or bring it up. Just understand it annoys a lot of folks around here. I know a few people have me on ignore because I'm an annoying optimist asshole from time to time. It just is what it is.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

TOO

Post by TOO »

If people didn't complain about the Suns what would you guys talk about? We know they aren't winning the title, Jones hasn't drafted well and doesn't seem to care about it, would you just talk about what happens in the regular season from game to game when at the end of the season it doesn't even matter? No title, no draft, just treading water year to year, good luck with that gentlemen.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I guess Brooklyn gonna keep trying to make it work

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Split T wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:54 am

How dumb do you have to be as an organization to try and fix this with someone who has already violated 1 team's (sensible) workplace policies?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

The Nets are such a clusterfuck.

They make the Lakers look well-managed.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

TOO wrote:
If people didn't complain about the Suns what would you guys talk about? We know they aren't winning the title, Jones hasn't drafted well and doesn't seem to care about it, would you just talk about what happens in the regular season from game to game when at the end of the season it doesn't even matter? No title, no draft, just treading water year to year, good luck with that gentlemen.
What an optimist. TF do you know. Might as well not follow the team this season then. It's as if the team hasn't played well this season and there's no hope. What are they even playing these games for? And I'm guessing the roster you see today (which has been pretty great along with a strong bench) is the end all, be all roster come playoffs.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Split T

Post by Split T »

TOO wrote:
I like to talk about the growth and development of players. It’s not just did they win the title or not for me. I also enjoy the nba as a whole and find this current suns team much better to watch than those years of atrocity in the 2010’s.

That being said, of course I want to win the title and I don’t think this team has a realistic shot. We need to make a move and I think we need to make a big one. Eric Gordon won’t do it. So I’ll let my frustrations be known in that department and don’t blame anyone for being down on this team and their chances without making moves.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

The Bobster wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:57 am
ShelC wrote:
Do we have to harp on it in every thread tho? It's not about sunshine pumpers...we know we missed out on Hali, Bane, Stewart and others and mismanaged the Stix situation. It just gets annoying reading about it everyday.
Yeah, I want to talk about that Dennis Johnson for Rick Robey trade a little more because I'm sure there's still a lesson to be learned.
AAUUGH! You had to scratch that scar!! :lol:
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

ShelC wrote:
For me I'd have to know the truth on whether Haliburton's agent told PHX not to draft him. If true sure Jones could have drafted him anyway and rolled the dice on whether he'd be a chemistry problem or not. But without knowing for sure what was going on behind the scenes, it's not a move/lack of one, that I lose too much sleep over. I'm more disgusted with them drafting Stix rather than NOT drafting Haliburton if that makes sense.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Cap

Post by Cap »

carey wrote:
Maybe years of playing PG at an elite level more than qualified him.
Remember Magic Johnson trying to coach? Or Isiah Thomas?