How panicked are you right now?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

How panicked are you right now, on a scale of 1-10?

0-1 (not panicked at all)
24%
2-3 (a little bit panicked)
18%
4-6 (medium panic)
35%
7-8 (very panicked)
18%
9-10 (complete freakout)
6%

Total votes: 17

Mori Chu

How panicked are you right now?

Post by Mori Chu »

Given the Suns current 5-game losing streak and multiple injuries, how worried would you say you are about the team?

AmareIsGod

Re: How panicked are you right now?

Post by AmareIsGod »

I think even if we were healthy, we have glaring holes (guard depth, PF depth) that need to be addressed before we can even be considered any sort of threat. Been standing pat too long with this roster and something substantial needs to happen.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Suns lack a strong #2 guy.
Paul is not that anymore -- he's a good player, but time is catching up rapidly. He's in that last phase that Nash was in.
Bridges is a solid piece of the puzzle, but no offensive catalyst.
Ayton is too erratic to be dependable.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Not panicked at all. Most teams go through these kind of stretches. We probably weren't winning it all anyway. We're a little beat up and still haven't resolved the Crowder situation. Paul is 37 and we have missed the window with him. No reason to sweat it. I'm not interested in making any panic moves.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Zero panicked, this is exactly what I expected to happen. Jones blew it. If anything would make me panic its the idea of Jones making moves, he sucks.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:22 pm
Not panicked at all. Most teams go through these kind of stretches. We probably weren't winning it all anyway. We're a little beat up and still haven't resolved the Crowder situation. Paul is 37 and we have missed the window with him. No reason to sweat it. I'm not interested in making any panic moves.
You read my mind. My expectations weren't high enough to panic right now. The three best guys after Booker aren't good enough to put the Suns in the title race.

I'd be floored if they traded Chris Paul even though it's the best move to make. I'd be surprised if they traded Bridges or Ayton because I don't think it would happen without getting that true second guy in return.

So the outcome of this season largely hinges on the Crowder trade, but I think they must get a wing/forward with size and creation skills. I'd put the Suns in the contenders group if that happens.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

We are not as bad as this 5 losing streak, neither were as good as that West N° 1 position from a couple weeks ago.

It's a long season and as long as we are enter the playoffs as Top 4 seed, we have a good chance to gel just in time, of course the team is in an urgent need to make some changes, and that N° 1 seed on a winning streak was absolutely detrimental to push Jones into action. Painful to see, but a necessary evil this losing streak.

If the Front office goes for marginal moves, then is time to think about next season, no reason to act like this is the last season to win it all, look at Boston or Golden State.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

The goal is a championship, and regardless of this losing streak it’s clear we’re not a contender as built. So I’m very panicked

mjwang92

Post by mjwang92 »

Medium- the moves Jones made were over last year and the summer. Meh. Extended Book, matched Ayton, got some bench guys that looked solid when we were rolling. Same team last 2 years minus Crowder and now Johnson. A depleted roster compared to the last 2 years. Team is for sale, who at this moment okays a major deal? Because, a major deal is what is needed. Crowder alone isn’t bringing back anything that significant. We’ll see tomorrow when ineligible players for trade become eligible. I’m more panicked thinking who we may help by trading them Crowder, or Jones sits on his hands while other teams make improvements by trade.