Suns News: Week 15 (1/23 - 1/29)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: Suns News: Week 15 (1/23 - 1/29)

Post by INFORMER »

Eh.

I guess we'll see how the rest of the league feels, but I just don't think that is reality. The present matters more than the past. Crowder is a midlevel player on an expiring contract that doesn't play for us. I'm sure Jones is trying to ignore that in trade discussions, but I don't think rival front offices will.

There is a reason why we are hearing names like Duncan Robinson and Grayson Allen being on the table in trade talks.

And at the end of the day, he is a role player. The Suns had the best record in the western conference without him before they were hit with injuries, and that was without adding anyone to replace him.

So I can understand being down on Coby White, but I think it's fool's gold to act like Crowder is a far superior asset.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

INFORMER wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:39 pm
Eh.

I guess we'll see how the rest of the league feels, but I just don't think that is reality. The present matters more than the past. Crowder is a midlevel player on an expiring contract that doesn't play for us. I'm sure Jones is trying to ignore that in trade discussions, but I don't think rival front offices will.

There is a reason why we are hearing names like Duncan Robinson and Grayson Allen being on the table in trade talks.

And at the end of the day, he is a role player. The Suns had the best record in the western conference without him before they were hit with injuries, and that was without adding anyone to replace him.

So I can understand being down on Coby White, but I think it's fool's gold to act like Crowder is a far superior asset.
Which guy is going to be more useful for the next 3 months?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Coby White will be more useful for the Suns, and Crowder is going to be more useful for the Bulls.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Cute, but you know that's not the spirit of my question.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I also don't agree with acting like the world is over three months from now, so next season doesn't matter.

I don't think there is a Crowder trade return that substantially changes our playoff chances this year. So I wouldn't just be solely concerned with the rest of this season.