SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Shut up, the King is not in the mood to concede hearings.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

SwingMan wrote:Also: No to Deng and HELL NO to Ariza - neither offer an upgrade and both are fragile.
? Durability or marginal cost are concerns for sure, but I hink it is pretty safe to say that both are upgrades over Tucker.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:James is the epitome of douche.
You are not to make eye contact with The King when addressing him. In fact, he will not attend any meetings at all. Any and all communication will be done through his agent as you are not worthy to be in his presence.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Shut up, the King is not in the mood to concede hearings.
Part of me believes he actually has an attitude similar to this. I know MJ was a total prick, but at least to me, he didn't seem like one. LeBron on the other hand.. I'm pretty sure his bidet has a bidet.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:James is the epitome of douche.
You are not to make eye contact with The King when addressing him. In fact, he will not attend any meetings at all. Any and all communication will be done through his agent as you are not worthy to be in his presence.
THE KING HAS SPOKEN.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I don't really see any big time moves coming for us with this FA class. Our biggest need is at PF but no FA other than perhaps Monroe addresses it. I could see us just resigning our own FAs and be done with it. Maybe McDonough will surprise us but I think the only surprises might come from trades rather than FA acquisitions.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Shabazz wrote:We're literally linked to every free agent (except Greg Monroe).
Sunsfan4life wrote:haha the guy I want the most...ofcourse.

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/483803158498803712

TOO

Post by TOO »

Weird, they have a pretty formidable 4/5 combo already.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

You'd think James would have learned his lesson from last time about how not to be an asshole and treat people with respect. Guess not. I wish someone would call back and say, "LeBron doesn't want to hear our pitch in person? OK, best of luck."

Won't happen tho. Management and owners will grovel because he knows they will. Even Riley's been put on notice and been told to go out and sign guys that will help the team before the big 3 re-sign. If that's not the definition of arrogance I don't know what is.
Last edited by ShelC on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Leave the SOB in his vacuum-sealed bubble - there's plenty who live in the real world that'd dig playing here as opposed to having people jerk-off their ego.

I'm for standing pat & taking care of our own.....

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
SwingMan wrote:Also: No to Deng and HELL NO to Ariza - neither offer an upgrade and both are fragile.
? Durability or marginal cost are concerns for sure, but I hink it is pretty safe to say that both are upgrades over Tucker.
Maybe - how's about an upgrade over what T.J. Warren will be, though?

Regardless - though they're not made of Marcus Camby-glass, both Deng and Ariza are shaky at best on the long-term health front.....

carey

Post by carey »

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... um=twitter

I doubt this is true (and certainly not at $8M per), like I said, prepare for a lot of "Suns are interested" rumors.
The Pistons, Heat, Lakers, Mavs and Suns have all expressed interest, with the Pistons showing the most interest to date and numbers starting in the three-year, $24 million range. Talks with teams in playoff contention have started in the $6-7 million per-year range.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... um=twitter

I doubt this is true (and certainly not at $8M per), like I said, prepare for a lot of "Suns are interested" rumors.
The Pistons, Heat, Lakers, Mavs and Suns have all expressed interest, with the Pistons showing the most interest to date and numbers starting in the three-year, $24 million range. Talks with teams in playoff contention have started in the $6-7 million per-year range.
No way in hell do we need a 5' 9" gunner - hell, no way do we need another guard.....

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... er-Parsons

Would love to bring in Chandler BANG! He'd be a perfect fit in are system, but like every player mentioned for us don't want to overpay. I'm hoping Houston gets tied up with the idea of adding Lebron and/or Melo allowing Parsons to slip through
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

carey

Post by carey »

Right. Plus Thomas' situation reminds me of Aaron Brooks redux. Love watching the lil' dude play.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Lebron is free to do whatever he likes as far as meeting or not meeting with teams. But if he isn't even willing to meet us in person, I don't think we should bother wasting our time meeting with his agent. It's obvious he isn't looking to switch teams if he isn't even meeting teams himself, so why waste our time and lower ourselves to him like that?

carey

Post by carey »

@SpearsNBAYahoo: Knicks free agent Carmelo Anthony's list of teams to visit still includes CHI ,HOU, DAL, LAL, NY with no additions at this time, source says.

Suns not even on the list of teams he'd consider meeting with. Bummer.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:@SpearsNBAYahoo: Knicks free agent Carmelo Anthony's list of teams to visit still includes CHI ,HOU, DAL, LAL, NY with no additions at this time, source says.

Suns not even on the list of teams he'd consider meeting with. Bummer.
Bummer, my ass (no pun intended) - I want nothing to do with the fucking cancer.....

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'd rather overpay Parsons at 10mil than overpay Hayward 13.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

ShelC wrote:I'd rather overpay Parsons at 10mil than overpay Hayward 13.
Some rockhead tender Hayward an offer of 13 or something?