Suns News: Week 16 (1/30 - 2/5)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
wpmiller42

Suns News: Week 16 (1/30 - 2/5)

Post by wpmiller42 »

Last Week's Games
Tue, Jan 24 vs Charlotte Hornets 128 - 97 Win!
Thu, Jan 26 vs Dallas Mavericks 95 - 99 Loss.
Sat, Jan 28 @ San Antonio Spurs 118 - 128 OT Win!

This Week's Games (All times MST)
Mon, Jan 30 vs Toronto Raptors 7:00PM
Wed, Feb 1 vs Atlanta Hawks 8:00PM
Fri, Feb 3 @ Boston Celtics 5:30PM
Sat, Feb 4 @ Detroit Pistons 5:00PM

Suns Stories

https://www.gophnx.com/2023/01/25/phoenix-suns-dario-saric-turning-corner-pre-injury-self/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

Torrey Craig finds ways to impact Phoenix Suns even when shot isn't dropping

Mikal Bridges' successful trial by fire is what both he and Suns needed

Is Cam Johnson's return the start of a reversal? (Athletic paywall)

bIGDRAWLS0072

Re: Suns News: Week 16 (1/30 - 2/5)

Post by bIGDRAWLS0072 »

JAE CROWDER
PF, PHOENIX SUNS
Jae Crowder
The Suns have the given the Bucks permission to meet with Jae Crowder ahead of the trade deadline, per The Athletic's Shams Charania.
The Bucks were one of the teams that had interest in Crowder back in October, so it should come as no surprise that they'll be in on him as the February 9th trade deadline approaches. The rumored deal is centered around Jordan Nwora, George Hill and Serge Ibaka, which would provide the Suns with depth, but none of these guys would be worth a roster spot in standard leagues, barring injury. Crowder wouldn't slide into the starting unit in Milwaukee, but he'll be a solid rotation player. He can provide 3-pointers and steals in deeper leagues if he sees a consistent role in Milwaukee.

RELATED: Jordan Nwora, George Hill, Serge Ibaka
SOURCE: Shams Charania on Twitter
Jan 30, 2023, 9:52 AM ET

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Pass.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

TOO

Post by TOO »

Eww James, do better.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

carey

Post by carey »

That’s what happens when you sit on your hands since the Summer. What a garbage package. I’d rather do nothing and let him expire than help the Bucks and take all that garbage off their hands.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Some others were throwing out the idea of making that trade for the picks and then adding them to a larger package for a better player (KD, Siakam/OG).

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

That same article says we still like John Collins and we are monitoring the OG situation. Is there a chance we might use Crowder to get John Collins and then use Ayton and a 1st for OG and Trent?

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:27 am
That’s what happens when you sit on your hands since the Summer. What a garbage package. I’d rather do nothing and let him expire than help the Bucks and take all that garbage off their hands.
Yep. Jones stinks.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:27 am
This is what happens? It hasn't happened. Let's wait and see.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

That’s trash. I’ll reserve judgement until the actual trade happens

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

The Bucks were one of the teams that had interest in Crowder back in October, so it should come as no surprise that they'll be in on him as the February 9th trade deadline approaches. The rumored deal is centered around Jordan Nwora, George Hill and Serge Ibaka, which would provide the Suns with depth, but none of these guys would be worth a roster spot in standard leagues, barring injury.

The Ibaka of about three seasons ago might have been a good addition, but I don't know if he can play three consecutive games without getting injured now. He's only 33, although it seems like he's been in the league about 20 years ...

Hill is, what? 45? OK, 36, but turns 37 in May. He's ready for the assistant coach track in his career ...

Nwora has size. Have not seen him play. Might be a replacement for Wainright.
Last edited by LazarusLong on Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Jordan Nwora would be a solid addition. It's not a great deal, but everyone is overestimating Jae Crowder's trade value.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Both the Suns and Bucks have engaged in serious trade talks for months, with current proposals surrounding Jordan Nwora, George Hill, Serge Ibaka and second-round draft compensation to Phoenix for Crowder, according to sources. The Bucks and Suns have searched for a third team to provide Phoenix with a forward – so what outcome will emerge between now and next Thursday?
This is better than Coby White?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:28 am
Some others were throwing out the idea of making that trade for the picks and then adding them to a larger package for a better player (KD, Siakam/OG).
How do Milwaukee Bucks second round picks get the Suns closer to a package for KD, OG, or Siakim?

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:35 am
That same article says we still like John Collins and we are monitoring the OG situation. Is there a chance we might use Crowder to get John Collins and then use Ayton and a 1st for OG and Trent?
I'd be disappointed if we have to use a first to attach to Ayton to get OG and Trent. As much as I dislike Ayton right now I think his ceiling is higher (somewhere else) than OG's. And Trent just doesn't do much for me. He's so streaky.

Raptors players are tough to evaluate. They've got good pieces and a good coach but are greatly underachieving IMO.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

djy2j wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:24 am
I'd be disappointed if we have to use a first to attach to Ayton to get OG and Trent. As much as I dislike Ayton right now I think his ceiling is higher (somewhere else) than OG's. And Trent just doesn't do much for me. He's so streaky.
Good post.

Gary Trent's streakiness makes me want to vomit. He doesn't have positive trade value for me. He'd be a decent weapon off of the bench, but he has way too many 4-16 shooting nights.

If you're attaching any first rounders to Ayton in a trade, you better be getting back a superstar. OG is not a star. He is not worth giving up our two most valuable trade assets.

TOO

Post by TOO »

The only reason I'd pursue OG is if they think Cam is gonna cost more, he's so redundant with the twins already. Just creates a glut at the swing position. That for cost of Ayton and then some is awful business imo.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

OG's deal has turned into a bargain, but it essentially has only one year left after this season. After that, OG will certainly decline the last year of the deal, enter free agency, and I am fairly certain there is going to be a stupid $30+ million a season deal that a GM will offer. And then he'll be Tobias Harris: good player making stupid money.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m all about bringing Nash back in some capacity.