Suns Trade for Bazley

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Suns Trade for Bazley

Post by JeremyG »

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

AmareIsGod

Re: Suns Trade for Bazley

Post by AmareIsGod »

Seems the Thunder kind of have kept him camped on the bench and he hasn't much of a role. Is he any good? I know literally zero about him.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

We might miss Saric since he's a good depth big, but it's good that we didn't just let his salary expire. Bazley is not as big as Saric but younger and still has potential.
Last edited by JeremyG on Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I like Bazley and have wanted him on the Suns in the past, but he’s a little wild. Not a Monty player. Huge athleticism bump, but this is definitely about tax savings more than addressing the wing stopper void.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Love the guy, but we won't miss Dario.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Need another salary coming from OKC I think

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:58 am
I like Bazley and have wanted him on the Suns in the past, but he’s a little wild. Not a Monty player. Huge athleticism bump, but this is definitely about tax savings more than addressing the wing stopper void.
He reminds me of young Kelly Oubre.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I miss Dario already. Wtf

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

I was like who? But after reading this he makes sense. He can just be a defender who learns to play in our offense with open looks.
https://thunderousintentions.com/2022/1 ... us-bazley/

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

He's better for this team than Dario, but hold onto your hype horse. He has a lot of flaws right now and shouldn't get minutes in the playoffs.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

I just hope he has a good personality to learn and good work ethic. He’s 22 and looks like KD.

Split T

Post by Split T »

This was mostly a cap move…OKC takes Dario into their TPE and we save 20ish million in luxury tax. And we get a flyer on a young athlete with size. Seems pretty great all around. Now re-spend that money on the buyout market.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:07 pm
I just hope he has a good personality to learn and good work ethic. He’s 22 and looks like KD.
Now you sound like an OKC fan. :lol:

I had to click thru to that video to see when that game happened. I knew it had to have been a while ago because he hasn't done anything of note this season.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:11 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:07 pm
Now you sound like an OKC fan. :lol:

I had to click thru to that video to see when that game happened. I knew it had to have been a while ago because he hasn't done anything of note this season.
Haha. There’s not much feeling behind him. It’s nice to have some youth around who can ball in garbage minutes and has potential to compete with other 4s on the roster. First thing I noticed was his length to get those deflections we’re going to miss. Edit: I would add it is hard to develop all your guys on a giant youth movement. Looking at DeAnthony Melton.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I like Bazley. He's the young, athletic, 2way-ish forward we've tried to add and have been linked to elsewhere. Does a little bit of everything well, still only 22 but has played quite a bit early in his career which fits the mold of young guys we go after.

Really sad to see Dario go and I was especially looking forward to him in the frontcourt with KD. We supposedly took Dario out of the Nets deal because they didn't want his money, so we've been looking to move off that money regardless.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Man know me and fantasy league
Bazley was one of my guys I would add in for defensive stats. His athleticism is legit and when some of us were wondering about Isaiah Roby last year, he had some decent stretches in games I watched

Too erratic to be trusted when the stakes are raised come Playoffs time but in regular season games, he might not be bad to throw out there if we go back to a scrappy 2nd unit who gets after it on D and get out in transition
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

carey

Post by carey »

Shabazz wrote:
Yeah, you got your wish.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2090&p=181988&hilit=Bazley#p181988
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

There are things in Bazley’s highlight videos that pretty much only Okogie can do but I think DB is better offensively. It will be interesting to see what Monty thinks of him. He’s an RFA this Summer tho.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

carey wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:25 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Yeah, you got your wish.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2090&p=181988&hilit=Bazley#p181988
Wow. Receipts. I’ve cooled on him since then.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hmm, interesting. I don't really know Bazley and so I don't have much of an opinion yet. I will miss Dario. He was slow and plodding but he was a savvy vet and he hit some timely shots for us. A consummate pro.