Suns News: Week 23 (3/20 - 3/26)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Kryptonic

Re: Suns News: Week 23 (3/20 - 3/26)

Post by Kryptonic »

carey wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:48 am
Wasn't able to watch last night. Glad I couldn't. Saw Scott Foster & his team awarded the Lakers 50 FTs. That's insane.
Why the league even lets him ref against us is BS... Wouldn't be surprised if he's the next Tim Donaghy and has mob ties to fix games. Curious how much the line moves in vegas when he's announced as the official for suns games.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

2 more Ls.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Dammit.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

[barf emoji]

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

We all knew it would be bad on that end and there was a reason he stopped getting major minutes in Orlando.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

His defense is truly awful. You don't even need the stat to see it, but the stat really drives home just how bad he is. I think I'd rather give those minutes to Shamet, Wainwright, and other guys.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

He looks like he's a half second delayed in responding to anything, offense or defense, when he's out there. He needs to stay on the bench.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Shoulda went the full FVV route for the extra $10k

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:21 pm
Just like we drew it up to peak in the playoffs. (Assuming we're still in the running by the time he gets back.)
"Be Legendary."

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Can't wait till Wednesday. Suns need KD desperately.
Phoenix Suns 2023-24NBA Champions !

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Uncle_Gene wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:29 am
Can't wait till Wednesday. Suns need KD desperately.
That they do but I don't like the fact that they are relying on it.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Knowing what we know now, would you guys take back the trade?

I honestly think I would. Not because I think it was a bad move, but it increasingly looks like this year might be a lost year anyways and I think we’d still be able to trade for KD in the summer. We’d then have multiple months and a playoff run from Mikal to show that he’s an absolute stud and have more leverage. We could still make a WCF run with Mikal this year, then trade for KD in the summer and be much better positioned next year. I’m assuming we’d be able to get KD for less. Like Mikal, CamJ and 2 1sts.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Isn't it cool how all decisions are easier in hindsight? :)
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I will say, come Wednesday I may completely be on board again haha

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:24 am

I honestly think I would. Not because I think it was a bad move, but it increasingly looks like this year might be a lost year anyways and I think we’d still be able to trade for KD in the summer. We’d then have multiple months and a playoff run from Mikal to show that he’s an absolute stud and have more leverage. We could still make a WCF run with Mikal this year, then trade for KD in the summer and be much better positioned next year. I’m assuming we’d be able to get KD for less. Like Mikal, CamJ and 2 1sts.
It's definitely been a mixed bag. KD has been exceptional when he's played; with him and a healthy lineup, we look noticeably better than we have looked at any other time this season. But he has barely played, and our depth is bad now, and we gave up a decade's worth of assets to get him. The move is so completely all-in that it will either succeed gloriously or fail catastrophically.

I think I would honestly not have made the trade as given. Mikal + CamJ + Jae + 4 1sts is too much. I was okay with Mikal, Cam, and some 1sts, but more like 2 1sts tops, and no Crowder. They took too much from us. I don't like the precedent of it, the way Ishbia overruled James Jones and said yes to 100% of the asks that Brooklyn made. I think BKN would have caved on some of those assets if we had waited. Or even if they hadn't, fine, then don't make the trade.

Having said that, I am excited to see whether this team can round into form and make a title run. I don't want to be negative or fret about things we can't undo now.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:08 pm
Split T wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:24 am

It's definitely been a mixed bag. KD has been exceptional when he's played; with him and a healthy lineup, we look noticeably better than we have looked at any other time this season. But he has barely played, and our depth is bad now, and we gave up a decade's worth of assets to get him. The move is so completely all-in that it will either succeed gloriously or fail catastrophically.

I think I would honestly not have made the trade as given. Mikal + CamJ + Jae + 4 1sts is too much. I was okay with Mikal, Cam, and some 1sts, but more like 2 1sts tops, and no Crowder. They took too much from us. I don't like the precedent of it, the way Ishbia overruled James Jones and said yes to 100% of the asks that Brooklyn made. I think BKN would have caved on some of those assets if we had waited. Or even if they hadn't, fine, then don't make the trade.

Having said that, I am excited to see whether this team can round into form and make a title run. I don't want to be negative or fret about things we can't undo now.
Yeah, there will be plenty of time to winge in the off-season.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Looking at the stats and Terrence Ross has never played better than he is for us right now. If we can just get him to be passable on defense, we might have something. TJ looks better on defense lately and looks like a rotation guy. When fully healthy I’m at:

Paul/Booker/Okogie/KD/Ayton
Payne/Ross/Craig/Warren

Those are my playoff rotation 9 right now. Biz or Jock could be used in certain situations, but I’d mostly go KD at the 5 and have Craig in there.

Shamet could steal some time from Payne, Ross, Okogie, or Craig. Looks like Lee has fallen completely out of the rotation. Baz was never in it, and Ish is barely hanging on.