2023 Suns General Offseason/PostSeason News Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: 2023 Suns General Offseason/PostSeason News Thread

Post by ShelC »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

This, he does. Really appreciate him.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I think Booker genuinely looks up to and idolizes Durant so much that it motivates him to impress KD and we're seeing this next gear. Not that he wasn't already at a high level of effort on both ends of the court. He's looked like a top 5 player in the NBA since KD has been here, I feel like, especially this postseason.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:04 pm
I think Booker genuinely looks up to and idolizes Durant so much that it motivates him to impress KD and we're seeing this next gear. Not that he wasn't already at a high level of effort on both ends of the court. He's looked like a top 5 player in the NBA since KD has been here, I feel like, especially this postseason.
I'm sure Book admires KD, but he has always been an assassin in the playoffs. I know he has the competitive fire and talent to be a dominant postseason player with or without KD looking over his shoulder.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:06 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
I'm sure Book admires KD, but he has always been an assassin in the playoffs. I know he has the competitive fire and talent to be a dominant postseason player with or without KD looking over his shoulder.
True but I think AIG makes a good point. Who wouldn't want to impress a top ten all-time talent?

"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:43 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
True but I think AIG makes a good point. Who wouldn't want to impress a top ten all-time talent?
Hopefully, without any hammie issues in the process. :shock:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

So Saturday it is for the start of the Suns/Nuggets series.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

3 full days off between games 2 and 3. Got 3 games off before game 1 as well.

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

Mori Chu wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
In all honesty I think this has more to do with the fact the Clips were doubling KD and giving Booker more space to operate. As you say, he has always been an assassin in the playoffs but with a legit scorer alongside him to keep opposition defences occupied, we are now seeing his full potential.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

DUMBO WITH THE BOMB! (that everyone has been talking about for 2 months)

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

There’s starting to be a lot of smoke…feels like there’s a real possibility it happens

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Great... trade one unnecessarily frustrating player for another.

Don't get me wrong, I'll probably love Kyrie almost every time he's on the court. That'll just be about 60% of the season and not in the playoffs.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Barf.

IF (big IF) it happens, we'd have to flip CP for a center. I just really don't want Kyrie on this team.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Kyrie and Booker would be absurd. Banish Ayton to the Mavs, good riddance. I rarely let a players personal things bother me so Kyrie would be dynamite imo. Now if you fail to fill out the roster around those 3 you'd still have the same problem you do now, relying far too much on your big names.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I also don't really care about the off the court stuff, a lot of it is sensationalized at this point.

Kyrie is just unreliable to actually be on the court. That's my biggest problem with him on the Suns.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

His offcourt stuff affects the oncourt stuff. And it puts any coach in a very tough position having to deal with it.

TOO

Post by TOO »

He's no less reliable than Booker or Paul. Ayton misses 15 games a year too, his anti vax stuff can't affect him now. If you wanna win, he's the most attainable star that is gonna be out there this off-season.

Split T

Post by Split T »

My issues are he’s literally caused problems everywhere he’s been and if we acquire him it’s really our only move. We have to sacrifice Ayton and Paul for him. That’s tough…but I’ll say this. Next year is our best chance at a title and I think chances are Kyrie will behave for a year at least. We’d have to nail the small signings to make sure we got enough depth, but wow that would be an incredibly talented top 3…

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

TOO wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 6:10 pm
He's no less reliable than Booker or Paul. Ayton misses 15 games a year too, his anti vax stuff can't affect him now. If you wanna win, he's the most attainable star that is gonna be out there this off-season.
Other players are injured, but with Kyrie it's more about him randomly missing games for what amounts to "just because" in too many situations.