2023 General Offseason/PostSeason League News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: 2023 General Offseason/PostSeason League News

Post by ShelC »

Looks like it wasn't load management

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

That explains it, having experienced it myself.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That just sucks. Kawhi is such a special player, and you just have to wonder what his career could have been like if he were able to stay healthy.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Don't be surprised if the Suns pursue Russ in the offseason. The way Book/KD and Paul keep talking him up in pressers and post game seems like they are gassing him up to join them.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

TOO wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:16 am
Don't be surprised if the Suns pursue Russ in the offseason. The way Book/KD and Paul keep talking him up in pressers and post game seems like they are gassing him up to join them.
I would be shocked if they did this. Russ seemed genuinely mad at KD and wanted to beat him and embarrass him. I think he's still upset that KD talked some smack about playing with him as KD was leaving OKC. Some of the smack-talk came in the form of fake alt accounts KD made on Twitter and then used to tweet out criticisms of Westbrook.

TOO

Post by TOO »

We shall see. I wouldn't be surprised one bit. This team is going to be an old dude factory given the state of its current roster.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:21 am
TOO wrote:
I would be shocked if they did this. Russ seemed genuinely mad at KD and wanted to beat him and embarrass him. I think he's still upset that KD talked some smack about playing with him as KD was leaving OKC. Some of the smack-talk came in the form of fake alt accounts KD made on Twitter and then used to tweet out criticisms of Westbrook.
That’s Russ on the court…they were seen being friendly after one of the games

Split T

Post by Split T »

TOO wrote:
I wouldn’t hate it…we could desperately use his rim pressure. And if he’s going to defend like he did in this series, he’s helpful. Imagine the space he’d have playing alongside Book and KD?

Don’t really see it if we’re keeping Paul though.

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

I think the talking up Russ was more to tamp down his aggressiveness. Russ plays the best when people criticize him and he has something to prove. Not that praising him does much, but at least they're not giving him bulletin board material.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:06 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:21 am
TOO wrote:
That’s Russ on the court…they were seen being friendly after one of the games
I said it before Game 1, he’s an easy guy to like off of the court and I think other players of his generation feel a duty to defend his career from the media/fan slander.

When it comes to the Suns, I don’t think they’ll have the space to sign him. I think he’s getting the full MLE from someone at a minimum.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Who do you think offers that?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Hard to say at this point but there will be at least one team who’ll pay him to do Westbrook stuff.

I’ll add that he could take less to join a better team, but I’m not sure that he’s completely on board with the idea of being a 2nd-3rd option or 6th man.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Suns_Dave

Post by Suns_Dave »

It’s the second time Clippers have been less than forthcoming about the injury status of Kawhi in a playoff series. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them fined over this, but could they also have exposed the league to some legal liability?

With the NBA now embracing and profiting from gambling, could they have run afoul of the law by repeatedly providing misleading information about the availability of a star player?

Wondering now if the league could potentially be sued in every state where gaming statutes may have been violated.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:27 pm
Hard to say at this point but there will be at least one team who’ll pay him to do Westbrook stuff.

I’ll add that he could take less to join a better team, but I’m not sure that he’s completely on board with the idea of being a 2nd-3rd option or 6th man.
I think he's getting to the ill do whatever it takes for a ring stage personally. He's made his money, i think he wants that ring now. We'll see.

Split T

Post by Split T »

What is the rules for reporting injuries? The suns kept people questionable on the injury report for weeks it seems. If Kawhi doesn’t want his injury shared with the public, the team can’t share it. I don’t know if there are rules stating what needs to be shared with the league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

TOO wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:07 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:27 pm

I think he's getting to the ill do whatever it takes for a ring stage personally. He's made his money, i think he wants that ring now. We'll see.
Sure, but not if the difference in salary is near the vet minimum and MLE. And regardless of what he’s said on the Clippers, he’s not signing with anyone to come off of the bench.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Hard to see at full speed in the clip, but I don't think this was malicious. Pretty dumb by him regardless.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Wait, so they're trying to hire two people more experienced than the head coach and GM? Yikes. :lol:

Cap

Post by Cap »

Jason Kidd still has a job? Weird.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Kawhi has another Meniscus tear?