Suns Trade For Beal!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JNix

Re: Suns Trade For Beal!

Post by JNix »

Payne is already guaranteed.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

pickle wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:58 am
Yes I get that both of those teams may want to move those players. What I don’t see is them moving on from these younger players while attaching a pick to get Payne.
New Orleans wants to win, desperately. They already have Dyson Daniels as a young player at the 1. I think they absolutely would trade a young player they never play for a player that has started at the point and contributed to multiple playoff victories.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:35 pm
New Orleans wants to win, desperately. They already have Dyson Daniels as a young player at the 1. I think they absolutely would trade a young player they never play for a player that has started at the point and contributed to multiple playoff victories.
DD is not a PG nor has NO played him as one. He's versatile on defense and has defended the 1 quite often but I would never call him a PG. That said I would take a flyer on Kira Lewis Jr. They basically stopped giving the kid minutes because his jump shot didn't materialize in year 2. I can't say if his improved shooting means anything cause the sample size is so small. That said I would be getting him to handle the ball & attack the basket w/ the second unit.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

JNix wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:49 am
Payne is already guaranteed.
That's right, my fault.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

carey wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:24 pm
INFORMER wrote:
DD is not a PG nor has NO played him as one. He's versatile on defense and has defended the 1 quite often but I would never call him a PG. That said I would take a flyer on Kira Lewis Jr. They basically stopped giving the kid minutes because his jump shot didn't materialize in year 2. I can't say if his improved shooting means anything cause the sample size is so small. That said I would be getting him to handle the ball & attack the basket w/ the second unit.
Sure seems like they're grooming him to be their PG to me. I suppose part of that perception is that he can't shoot and is a good playmaker, so what other role can he play besides PG?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:24 pm
INFORMER wrote:
DD is not a PG nor has NO played him as one. He's versatile on defense and has defended the 1 quite often but I would never call him a PG.

That's fine, but he played the point his last pre-draft year, NOLA is playing at the point right now in the summer league, and the comps for him have Tyrese Haliburton and Josh Giddey. He is a project and came to a team that had McCollum, Alvarado, Graham, and Lewis all in line for minutes at the 1, but he is a point guard prospect. His height/length makes him a factor at the 2 and 3, but he definitely factors into the 1 as well.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INF got a new Exum lol.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

He is very similar to Exum, but I think he is even better than Exum was when Exum was drafted.

It is hard to believe Exum is only 27. He just signed with the Mavs.

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote: That's fine, but he played the point his last pre-draft year, NOLA is playing at the point right now in the summer league, and the comps for him have Tyrese Haliburton and Josh Giddey. He is a project and came to a team that had McCollum, Alvarado, Graham, and Lewis all in line for minutes at the 1, but he is a point guard prospect. His height/length makes him a factor at the 2 and 3, but he definitely factors into the 1 as well.
Those comps are nuts. DD can’t facilitate offense. I think they are just getting him practice handling the ball. He’s no Haliburton. He’s really just a defender at this point with a very raw offensive game. I like him too but yeah not a PG.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:28 pm
Sure seems like they're grooming him to be their PG to me. I suppose part of that perception is that he can't shoot and is a good playmaker, so what other role can he play besides PG?
He’s not tho.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

pickle

Post by pickle »

INFORMER wrote:
pickle wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:58 am
Yes I get that both of those teams may want to move those players. What I don’t see is them moving on from these younger players while attaching a pick to get Payne.
As you state in another post, NO has McCollum, Alvarado, Graham, and DD who all factor in at the 1. If they indeed wanted to move Lewis because of pg depth, why would they get another 1 back, while attaching a pick? If Payne really were a player that impacts winning at the 1 in the playoffs, why would the Suns want to move him with literally 0 true pg depth behind him? Doesn’t make sense honestly.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

pickle wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:56 pm
As you state in another post, NO has McCollum, Alvarado, Graham, and DD who all factor in at the 1.
Graham is gone and they've been playing Dyson Daniels next to one of their small point guards. And honestly, McCollum probably needs to be moved back to off the ball, like he was in Portland.
pickle wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:56 pm
If they indeed wanted to move Lewis because of pg depth
I don't think they are moving him because of their other point guards; I just don't think he is in their plans going forward. Happens all the time with young players.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

carey wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:58 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:28 pm
He’s not tho.
Alright, I concede that he's not looked like a traditional PG who organizes and initiates the offense. That stuff is part of being a good playmaker.

However, he is a really good passer and shows a high IQ. He reminds me a lot of Bruce Brown, so it wouldn't be the most surprising thing to watch him bounce around a bit until someone figures out how to maximize his skillset.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Cap

Post by Cap »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:54 pm
Unfortunately, those Clutch Time stats often don’t carry over from year to year. What’s his career Clutch Time FG%?

Split T

Post by Split T »

I do remember the wizards being a randomly really good clutch team in 21-22 as well. That’s the year we almost set clutch records and I checked often and the wizards were the 2nd best clutch team

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:15 pm
Best guess at the moment:

PG: Payne 24, Beal 12, Booker 6, Goodwin 6
SG: Beal 22, Gordon 16, Booker 6, Goodwin 4
SF: Booker 22, Watanabe 18, Durant 4, Bates-Diop 4
PF: Durant 30, Bates-Diop 18
C: Ayton 34, Eubanks 14

Totals:
Payne: 24
Beal: 34
Booker: 34
Durant: 34
Ayton: 34

Bates-Diop: 22
Watanabe: 18
Gordon: 16
Eubanks: 14
Goodwin: 10
I need to update this since Payne was traded. Here are my current projections:

PG: Beal 24, Goodwin 12, Booker 12
SG: Booker 22, Gordon 16, Beal 10
SF: Durant 18, Okogie 14, Watanabe 11, Gordon 5
PF: Bates-Diop 24, Durant 16, Watanabe 8
C: Ayton 34, Eubanks 14

Totals:
Beal: 34
Booker: 34
Durant: 34
Bates-Diop: 24
Ayton: 34

Gordon: 21
Watanabe: 19
Eubanks: 14
Okogie: 14
Goodwin: 12

My darkhorse for a rotation spot, and perhaps even the starting PF spot, would be Bol Bol. It would not shock me if he ends up playing regular minutes, or even starting at PF, where he started 33 games last season.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:07 am
My darkhorse for a rotation spot, and perhaps even the starting PF spot, would be Bol Bol. It would not shock me if he ends up playing regular minutes, or even starting at PF, where he started 33 games last season.
I would bet a dollar that Bol Bol won't be starting. We have too many other guys who are more consistent, like KBD, Okogie, etc. But I'd be happy if Bol ended up being deserving of rotation minutes.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:41 am
JeremyG wrote:
I would bet a dollar that Bol Bol won't be starting. We have too many other guys who are more consistent, like KBD, Okogie, etc. But I'd be happy if Bol ended up being deserving of rotation minutes.
I can’t wait for him to hit six treys in a game like his old man.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:41 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:41 am
JeremyG wrote:
I can’t wait for him to hit six treys in a game like his old man.
He's got to do it against the Wizards on the road. :D
"Be Legendary."