USA Basketball

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: USA Basketball

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Some guy named Vaidas Kariniauskas is barbeque chickening Reaves in the post. The Suns need to get that guy in the building. :lol:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Lithuania is shooting lights out from 3 and if they miss, they are getting the offensive rebounds. Down 19 after the 1st, I don't know if the USA team has the make up to come back being down big.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

These fuckin guys can't miss. 9/9 from deep. A lot have been wide open, but definitely not all 9 of them.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

3 fouls on JJJ in 6:30 minutes of play time.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Edwards is trying to do way too much.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

A lot of frustrated body language on the American side.

No one can finish at the rim and open shots aren't going down at nearly the rate they should be, but the Lithuanians just outplayed the Americans for 15 of the 20 minutes in the first half.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Good 3rd quarter by the US team, but still getting killed on the offensive boards. Down only 6 going into the 4th.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

USA got it to within 4 points, but couldn't knock down the biggest shots at the end. Bridges had an open 3 to bring it to 1 point, but it rimmed out. Now, they have to play a tough Italy team in the next round.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Canada comes back in their game vs the reigning World Cup champ and #1 ranked team in the world, Spain and eliminates them from the World Cup.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Is that bad?

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

TOO wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:36 am
Is that bad?
Well, at least he wasn't collecting "empty stats."
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

TOO

Post by TOO »

The Bobster wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:09 am
TOO wrote:
Is that bad?
That's one way to beat a narrative.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Lots of folks saying that US got lucky with how the Quarter-Finals bracket worked out

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

Because Canada/Slovenia are on the other side of the bracket? Those are the two best players in the tournament(SGA and Luka).

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I don't think there's any "getting lucky" at this point. I suppose Italy is probably the least scary team left, but any of the eight remaining teams has the ability to win gold.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I was too tired to post after the USA game, but you'd never guess that I have some thoughts..

The Americans were punched in the mouth early with physicality and flawless offensive execution. The officiating was all over the place because the Lithuanians seem to take the "they can't call everything" approach. At least they weren't getting any favors with their flopping attempts, but Valenciunas arm wrestles in the post on every possession and it seems like the officials don't really know what to do about it.

Fraudstin Reaves was EXPOSED. That's a joke, kinda. Lithuania had a perfect game plan for him as Reaves was visibly frustrated all game as he was getting his ass kicked. Edwards hit a lot more shots, but he still has tunnel vision and is prone to 1-2 turnovers or bad shots every quarter. Brunson was simply too small to finish in the paint. So...enough with starting Josh Hart and put Ingram back in the starting lineup already. Ingram finally looked comfortable and was the only American to make scoring against the Lithuanians look easy. Edwards will get the headlines with his scoring numbers, but Mikal was pretty clearly the best American in this game.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

TOO wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:43 am
The Bobster wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:09 am
TOO wrote:
Is that bad?
That's one way to beat a narrative.
Oh, but his rebounding doesn't matter because he plays incredible defense.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Did you watch the game?