Finally: The answer as to what Danny Ainge was thinking when he left John Paxson open for 3.

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

Kryptonic

Re: Finally: The answer as to what Danny Ainge was thinking when he left John Paxson open for 3.

Post by Kryptonic »

30 years… and this is still a dagger through the heart.

JeremyG

Re: Finally: The answer as to what Danny Ainge was thinking when he left John Paxson open for 3.

Post by JeremyG »

Horace doesn't get enough credit. Incredible catch-and-pass (had to get rid of it immediately) for the assist and then the block on KJ at the end.

If you want to re-live all of the painful memories in the most dramatic fashion possible, here you go, with all of the legendary broadcasters, including Al McCoy, Marv Albert, and the late great Jim Durham:

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

I had forgotten they were up by 4 with less that a minute left.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I can't believe Majerle just airballing the wide open baseline jumper like that.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

That was some real bad defense on the Jordan basket before the paxson shoot as well. He just walked to the rim

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hard to rewatch that stuff. Between that one and 2021 you get the feeling we had a title in our grasp but just made some dumb mistakes down the stretch to give it away.

Suns_Dave

Post by Suns_Dave »

Kryptonic wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:46 pm
30 years… and this is still a dagger through the heart.
Still waiting for redemption