2023-24 Suns Training Camp - Starting Oct 3rd

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: 2023-24 Suns Training Camp - Starting Oct 3rd

Post by ShelC »

A little bump and grind?

pickle

Post by pickle »

They will be on the court long enough to fist bump all the other players and Monty…?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:32 pm
They’ll get some bump?
You heard the man. Flex knows all about bump.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Doesn't that mean a line of coke? Assuming Ishbia will be courtside then.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Piggybacking on the other thread, we lucked out with Vogel. He’s going to give us a great shot at a title.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:50 am
Piggybacking on the other thread, we lucked out with Vogel. He’s going to give us a great shot at a title.
I loved what Williams did here. Hated to see him go but it was totally understandable the way we went out the last two playoffs. Couldn't have hoped for a better replacement. Vogel had to be #1 on the list. I can't think of anybody else I would have preferred. And Williams got PAID and is in a great situation for him.

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
He's the only thing that gives me any hope of winning a title (after downgrading the roster). It's going to take excellent coaching. And I truly believe we have a very good coach in Vogel. You can also tell that he is genuinely humble and a great guy to be around, which I feel in an odd way commands the respect of the players.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Do you think overall we downgraded the roster? I don’t want this to turn into a discussion about the center position…I guess my question is would you take this version(with Beal, Nurkic, and all the new bench pieces) of the team or would you rather have the same team that lost to Denver(just with Vogel instead of Monty?)

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:12 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
He's the only thing that gives me any hope of winning a title (after downgrading the roster). It's going to take excellent coaching. And I truly believe we have a very good coach in Vogel. You can also tell that he is genuinely humble and a great guy to be around, which I feel in an odd way commands the respect of the players.
Dude, come on...'downgraded the roster?' Look, I'm not a fan of having traded him for less than someone like Turner either, but I don't see this as a composite downgraded roster by any stretch. I'm worried about the middle, but we can't say the roster is 'downgraded.' We have I'd bet the best and deepest roster of the NBA period, and of any Suns team perhaps ever. My worries are handling the bigs in the league w/what we have on the roster...and our losses over the last few years have been on account of outstanding inside players. Ayton should have been that for us, but his sleep walk didn't allow for that. We need a couple players to step up on their interior play at this point...or a rabbit to get pulled out wiht 'one more trade.' We shall see...(JN staying healthy would be a good start...)

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I'm saying we downgraded the roster we had in August. Keeping the same roster we had in May was never an option.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:32 am
Do you think overall we downgraded the roster? I don’t want this to turn into a discussion about the center position…I guess my question is would you take this version(with Beal, Nurkic, and all the new bench pieces) of the team or would you rather have the same team that lost to Denver(just with Vogel instead of Monty?)
This team is far better, deeper and more balanced than last year. There was no downgrade. Just absurdity. Suns can now throw lots of length and shooters for all 48 minutes.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I could do a poll but I don't think many would agree that it was an overall roster downgrade. Sure, you could say it was a downgrade at center talent-wise but overall I'd think most would agree it was probably an upgrade adding Little and Allen as well. I haven't seen Little yet in a Suns uniform so we'll see but I did watch Allen as a starter on the best regular season record team in the league. You could also say that Nurk is a better fit for this Suns team at center in that he is content to play the role asked of him.

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:48 am
I could do a poll but I don't think many would agree that it was an overall roster downgrade. Sure, you could say it was a downgrade at center talent-wise but overall I'd think most would agree it was probably an upgrade adding Little and Allen as well. I haven't seen Little yet in a Suns uniform so we'll see but I did watch Allen as a starter on the best regular season record team in the league. You could also say that Nurk is a better fit for this Suns team at center in that he is content to play the role asked of him.
I did a poll--it was 50/50, at least in the first few days after the trade.

P.S. Let me just point out that this is another example of everyone else trying to turn a thread into a discussion about a certain former center. I was trying to talk about Vogel. :roll:

TOO

Post by TOO »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:32 pm
They’ll get some bump?
Coke.

TOO

Post by TOO »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:00 am
Superbone wrote:

P.S. Let me just point out that this is another example of everyone else trying to turn a thread into a discussion about a certain former center. I was trying to talk about Vogel. :roll:
Please sir, educate us as to how this roster is worse than 2 months ago. Can't wait.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

TOO wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:05 am
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Please sir, educate us as to how this roster is worse than 2 months ago. Can't wait.
There is no need for me to defend a position held by half of the fanbase and half of NBA analysts.

TOO

Post by TOO »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:09 am
TOO wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:05 am
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:

There is no need for me to defend a position held by half of the fanbase and half of NBA analysts.
Because it's gonna be based on a certain someone that you allegedly don't wanna talk about. You don't have a leg to stand on. Cheers.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Not the training camp thread too........
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:57 am
Not the training camp thread too........
As you can see, I replied in the Ayton thread.

"Be Legendary."