Around the League: Week 2 (10/30 - 11/5)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Around the League: Week 2 (10/30 - 11/5)

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Gladiator wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:49 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:40 pm
Embiid is too smart to tell us how he really feels, but I'm not so sure that he's all that bothered by Harden being traded. Harden already quit on them and there was no going back.
True, but I was more thinking if he held out hopes they’d get something more in return.
Sure. But I just realized the players going to Philly amount to roughly $40M in cap space next summer.

After getting past the pupu platter of names it became obvious Morey was just out for cap space and picks.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:51 pm
Gladiator wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:49 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:40 pm
Embiid is too smart to tell us how he really feels, but I'm not so sure that he's all that bothered by Harden being traded. Harden already quit on them and there was no going back.
True, but I was more thinking if he held out hopes they’d get something more in return.
Sure. But I just realized the players going to Philly amount to roughly $40M in cap space next summer.

After getting past the pupu platter of names it became obvious Morey was just out for cap space and picks.
I’m still at the pupu platter stage 😂

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

LOL. I get it. I was too until pulling up spotrac.

I suppose Morey will try to flip some of those expiring deals if the right guy becomes available, but it's a bit early to project who and what team will want to go that route.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:55 pm

I suppose Morey will try to flip some of those expiring deals if the right guy becomes available, but it's a bit early to project who and what team will want to go that route.
That’s fair. They’ll be an interesting watch at the trade deadline.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Gladiator wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:59 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

He should be on the phone trying to pry DeRozan or LaVine from Chicago right now.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

LaVine would be very good for them.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:02 am
Gladiator wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:59 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

He should be on the phone trying to pry DeRozan or LaVine from Chicago right now.
I think the Sixers will need to add that kind of player to keep Embiid engaged and somewhat optimistic about the org, similar to the Bucks getting Dame to keep Giannis happy. Plus the Bulls need to blow that roster up and start fresh, there's nothing doing there.

For the Clips-Sixers, seems like Morey just gave in but he could've given in 3 weeks ago and avoided all this. Now it'll be interesting to see how everyone gets acclimated a week into the season when games are being played. Hopefully it makes a mess for the Clippers but I guess it's at least early enough in the season for them to figure it out and certainly better than making the trade in the middle of the year.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm not as sold as many on the Embiid trade narrative. His own health has been an issue for them as much as this teammates performance in the playoffs, and we've never really heard a peep out of him about commitment from the organization like we did with Giannis right before the Dame trade.

I think the Sixers would have to full on reboot with several young guys around him before I'd expect him to ask out. Basically how the Dame situation just played out. Seems highly unlikely with that organization, and I think they have their right number 2 guy in Maxey.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Clips give up a bunch of bantha fodder for Harden. It's a steal for LAC if Harden has anything left in the tank. But does he? He's probably 30 lbs overweight by this point and disgruntled. Will he show up and give his best for LA? Or will he just fall into their nightlife and stay fat?

I don't really see how you play all of Westbrook, Harden, George, and Kawhi at the same time. Maybe they stagger them. I don't really think those pieces fit, but maybe they'll find a way. Lue is a savvy coach. On paper LAC certainly got more talented and gave up little.

I don't know what is in the water over there in Philly. If I were Embiid I'd be so mad. They just keep pissing away years of his prime with questionable moves. They don't have any other blue chippers around him. Maxey looks like a stud, but that is by dumb luck; all their actual moves have been real duds. He's nowhere near title contention there and I'm not sure how they get there.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I like the trade for Philly. That's a lot of picks and role players for just giving up PJ Tucker. IMO if they stay healthy and figure out the bench, they are a threat in the East.

Maybe I'm just being a homer, but I think there's a big difference between the stars Phoenix loaded up with and the ones the Clippers have. I'll be interested to see how Lue handles the team. He's a good coach. If anyone can make it work, he can.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Lmao

This dude been asking to get traded for years to no avail.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Put a cork in it, Korkmaz!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

Furkan deserves better. I follow him closely as he is from Turkey like me. He badly needs a new team, city and a different enviroment. This Sixers team is going nowhere this season. Round 2 at its best.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Westbrook needs the ball to be effective and so does Harden. Kawhi wants to prove he's back from the injuries and so does George. Who's going to sacrifice ?

I don't see how that works out in the long run.
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I think it's going to work out pretty well for the Clippers this season and this move puts them with the Suns as the next best teams in the West after Denver.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I mean....

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Simmons actually playing basketball, Harden recently traded.. Is Jordan Poole now the worst teammate in the league?

TOO

Post by TOO »

Poole is definitely up there on guys I'd have to have to play with. DLo, Poole, Ayton, Oubre, KAT, just guys who don't get it.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Trey Young is probably also high on the "don't want to play with that guy" list. Basically any overrated chucker.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

After all the mocking for the 2nd half donut
Hate to see it :twisted: lol

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)