RIP Walter Davis (1954-2023)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: RIP Walter Davis (1954-2023)

Post by In2ition »

BKinSJC wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:45 am
Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:40 am
In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:15 am
I wonder how things would have been different if the Suns won the coin flip? It's possible that Kareem would have stayed in Phoenix his whole career and the Suns would have become the NBA standard.
Fun to think about. I'd love to check out that alternate reality world! (In before AIG recommends NBA 2K.)
I think Kareem eventually has the same issues with Phoenix that he did with Milwaukee, as far as feeling too culturally dry. Kareem/Goodrich/Van Arsdale/Silas is a very good core for that era, though, and might have won a ring or two along the way.
The difference being that it's much closer to LA. Idk
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:20 am
BKinSJC wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
I wonder how things would have been different if the Suns won the coin flip? It's possible that Kareem would have stayed in Phoenix his whole career and the Suns would have become the NBA standard.
Fun to think about. I'd love to check out that alternate reality world! (In before AIG recommends NBA 2K.)
I think Kareem eventually has the same issues with Phoenix that he did with Milwaukee, as far as feeling too culturally dry. Kareem/Goodrich/Van Arsdale/Silas is a very good core for that era, though, and might have won a ring or two along the way.
Yeah, who knows. He may have really dug the Navajo culture. And Phoenix always had a decent jazz scene.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:22 am
In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:20 am
BKinSJC wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Yeah, who knows. He may have really dug the Navajo culture. And Phoenix always had a decent jazz scene.
He did work as an assistant coach of a high school up by the 4 corners for a little bit.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass