Suns News: Week 4 (11/13 - 11/19)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Aztec Sunsfan

Re: Suns News: Week 4 (11/13 - 11/19)

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:13 pm
So far, Backcourt 2000 was healthier and more successful than Backcourt 2024.
And you're enjoying every minute of it, right?

It's very sad to read you pointing out and taking shots on everything you can to disdain the current team, and just out of spite because they dared to trade your beloved Ayton.

It's getting clearer by the day that you USED TO BE a Suns' fan, but it has been broken on favor of an Ayton fanatism.

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:00 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:57 pm
Split T wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:53 pm
It doesn’t feel that way…but we might get lucky. Or maybe Book/KD will be good enough that it doesn’t matter.
If I had to choose, obviously it would be Book over Beal. So at least there's that.
Also, I'd rather have Beal out now and ready for the playoffs than Paul playing now and out for the playoffs.
True but I just don't think he's robust enough. We always knew CP3 was going to go down in the playoffs but as things stand I'd have more confidence in him staying healthy than Beal during a playoff run. Beal's style of play is far more dynamic and explosive than Paul's which takes its toll on your body even more as you get older.

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

Wally_West wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:31 pm
So 3 weeks then probably a week or two of ramp up. Could we finally see the big 3 make their debut on Christmas? 👀 I think it’ll probably little earlier than the Christmas game but probably not far off.
Realistically it'll be January before Beal is close to being the Beal we need. He might make his big 3 debut just before Christmas but I reckon his level of performance will be akin to what we've seen from him so far this season at that point.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Yeah I didn’t realize how many hits and falls Beal takes when he plays.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m cool with him just being Grayson Allen in the regular season if Book is healthy. We just need him to be able to be Beal come playoffs

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:29 pm
JeremyG wrote:
No, it's very depressing.
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
It's very sad to read you pointing out and taking shots on everything you can to disdain the current team, and just out of spite because they dared to trade your beloved Ayton.

It's getting clearer by the day that you USED TO BE a Suns' fan, but it has been broken on favor of an Ayton fanatism.
You want me to tell you and everyone else that you're not a Suns fan every time I see a negative post? STFU.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

I think this is a bit too far. I don't agree with all of JeremyG's takes on Ayton, but he is clearly still a Suns fan who is watching the games and posting actively on Suns message boards. And he's generally been compliant about not making every thread be about DA, preferring to confine that stuff to the All Things thread. So I think he's being a pretty good citizen about it all.

Cap

Post by Cap »

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Welp...
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:07 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

I think this is a bit too far. I don't agree with all of JeremyG's takes on Ayton, but he is clearly still a Suns fan who is watching the games and posting actively on Suns message boards. And he's generally been compliant about not making every thread be about DA, preferring to confine that stuff to the All Things thread. So I think he's being a pretty good citizen about it all.
JeremyG wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:34 pm
Glad they're finally letting him fully recover before trying to bring him back. But this is looking more and more like Brooklyn 2.0.
Also “jokingly” talked about Nurkic health, but above all, trying to push that “if the Suns wouldn’t had traded holy Ayton, league leader on steals for a night, they would have a better record” narrative and so on… bottom line, he is kicking them while they are down.

Stealth shots are this guy specialty, rigth next to nitpick the single line in an argument that puts him in a good light. You see a good citizen, I see the kid that throws an elbow when the teacher is not watching.

As I said before, moderation works in a funny way around here, as some posters become almost untouchable because “that’s the way they are” while the rest had to take any verbal abuse they get.

I’m not the only one that feels this was near to becoming on atyon.net by the will of one poster that single handed turned every discussion into an Ayton related thing.

But of course, if every time Jeremy gets called out on his obsession, the site founder steps in and call it “going too far” people will prefer to step back. Let him get the same heat he delivers, it’s not our fault that he wants to go one on five in every single possession.

We are going to have to agree to disagree about this guy, I don’t even engage with him on a regular basis, I already tried every past advice from you about how to deal with it, but it is omnipresent and almost impossible to do. Some of his takes are interesting and good to read, but once the moonlight shines on Aytonland, he returns to his gaslighting ways.

I’m not sorry in what I said and time will prove me right. End of ranting.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:10 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

You want me to tell you and everyone else that you're not a Suns fan every time I see a negative post? STFU.
Yeah right, I see your depression dude. Crystal clear.

There is a difference between negative and hypocritical, by example… could you tell me what does STFU stands for, oh good citizen? It must be something different that I think.
Last edited by Aztec Sunsfan on Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cap

Post by Cap »

This place is starting to turn into ASFN.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:53 am
JeremyG wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

There is a difference between negative and hypocritical, by example… could you tell me what does STFU stands for, oh good citizen? It must be something different that I think.
Believe me, most people would not be as polite, patient, and tolerant with all of the continued personal attacks and lies as I have been. That is not what this board is for.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

On another note, I never would expect to see Joelma's meme on a basketball forum...

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Yeah right, I see your depression dude. Crystal clear. (image) There is a difference between negative and hypocritical, by example… could you tell me what does STFU stands for, oh good citizen? It must be something different that I think.
Aztec, these posts are too far. Please stop with the personal attacks against JeremyG. If you don't want to talk to him, you are welcome to mute him. To do so, click on his username on one of his posts, then click "Add Foe."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:48 am
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Yeah right, I see your depression dude. Crystal clear. (image) There is a difference between negative and hypocritical, by example… could you tell me what does STFU stands for, oh good citizen? It must be something different that I think.
Aztec, these posts are too far. Please stop with the personal attacks against JeremyG. If you don't want to talk to him, you are welcome to mute him. To do so, click on his username on one of his posts, then click "Add Foe."
Do you read & monitor all PMs? Do you decide which to allow to go through and which you delete of other people's PMs to others? I'm curious how ot works. I've had messages sit in my Outbox for hours and sometimes days before being delivered/sent. I've also had PMs I've tried to send be deleted completely for a mysterious reason.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:45 pm
Do you read & monitor all PMs? Do you decide which to allow to go through and which you delete of other people's PMs to others? I'm curious how ot works. I've had messages sit in my Outbox for hours and sometimes days before being delivered/sent. I've also had PMs I've tried to send be deleted completely for a mysterious reason.
PMs are not monitored. Whatever issue you're having sending & receiving them is technology related.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:44 pm
In2ition wrote:
PMs are not monitored. Whatever issue you're having sending & receiving them is technology related.
Yeah, I haven't experienced this. I think the way the Outbox works is it stays in there until the recipient reads it. I'm not sure about that though.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:44 pm
In2ition wrote:
Perhaps things stay in the Oubox until someone reads it, but I know I sent a PM to a member and it disappeared completely.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass