Suns News: Week 4 (11/13 - 11/19)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Suns News: Week 4 (11/13 - 11/19)

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Kryptonic wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:53 pm
TOO wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:45 pm
Spoiler: show/hide
Ugh... this sucks. Sorry you're in that club.

Hopefully his being a one disc issue and having the best medical staff available he'll be able to get back to some normalcy. I know our training staff used to be one of the best in the league... Not so sure where they rank today but wish him nothing but the best.
The head of our previous training staff has basically been demoted in New Orleans within the past year. There's been some weird stuff related to Zion in the whole situation, and the Pels continue to have injury issues throughout their roster.
Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

If it's a disc issue I can't imagine surgery isn't an option and he'd be miss most, if not all, of the year. Of course it had to be that way because it's us and he's a high profile guy with a ton of money owed.

A DPE would definitely help in that case, just not sure who would be a viable, worthwhile addition.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Cap wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:36 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:34 pm
Cap wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:32 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:19 pm
But if he's still in the same situation in 6 weeks and surgery appears to be the best option, he should have the procedure before the DPE deadline.
Yeah, that way we can sign a $25M free agent for the rest of the season. Start naming names, who’s out there that we can sign for $25M? Should be just about right for John Wall.
Not $25M. The max would be the non-taxpayer MLE. I quoted it a few posts before.
Whatever. Point stands. A DPE is meaningless when there are no better-than-minimum free agents on the market.
Not exactly. A player can be acquired via trade.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:31 pm
carey wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:03 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:30 pm
I’m very worried about it. He has structural issues. Those don’t just go away.

I’ll be surprised if he is playing basketball during the playoffs.
Where did you hear that?
Shams report.

He says he's dealing with a disc issue with numbness going down his legs. Then he says theres no structural issue. Which is an oxymoron.

He can rest it for 6 weeks and do rehab, but the structural pathology that led to the radicular pain is still present. That's not an issue for an average person on the street who can let the initial inflammatory response subside before resuming activities. For a high level professional athlete who is required to put a significant amount of physical stress on his body, it's likely that it's going to just keep acting up until he decides he wants surgery. Especially someone like Beal who has shown very little ability to play through pain in his career unlike Steve Nash. Then there's a likelihood it'll ultimately flare up again at the level above and below the original pathology at some point in time, and all roads will lead to a lumbar fusion.
I think you’re wrong here, they just need to give him an extra day of rest beyond what the training staff recommends.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Reading more about it…. It doesn’t sound herniated or even bulging, granted the symptoms in the leg suggest there is some compression probably in there maybe a slight bulge. So that’s positive. He just needs to give it some serious r&r for the next few weeks and hopefully those nerves settle down.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

iLLmatic wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:16 pm
specialsauce wrote:
carey wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Where did you hear that?
Shams report.

He says he's dealing with a disc issue with numbness going down his legs. Then he says theres no structural issue. Which is an oxymoron.

He can rest it for 6 weeks and do rehab, but the structural pathology that led to the radicular pain is still present. That's not an issue for an average person on the street who can let the initial inflammatory response subside before resuming activities. For a high level professional athlete who is required to put a significant amount of physical stress on his body, it's likely that it's going to just keep acting up until he decides he wants surgery. Especially someone like Beal who has shown very little ability to play through pain in his career unlike Steve Nash. Then there's a likelihood it'll ultimately flare up again at the level above and below the original pathology at some point in time, and all roads will lead to a lumbar fusion.
I think you’re wrong here, they just need to give him an extra day of rest beyond what the training staff recommends.
Dying

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Fuck

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I hear Ishbia has upgraded our WebMD medical staff to ChatGPT medical staff. Beal said his back hurt, so it wrote him a sonnet and plagiarized him an episode of Friends.

TOO

Post by TOO »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:25 pm
iLLmatic wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:16 pm
specialsauce wrote:
carey wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Where did you hear that?
Shams report.

Dying
Same.