Game Day: Knicks (13-10) @ Suns (13-11), Fri 12/15/23

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Game Day: Knicks (13-10) @ Suns (13-11), Fri 12/15/23

Post by Split T »

A few things:

1. Eric Gordon is not coming if KD/Beal aren’t here.
2. It’s 4 picks, not a decades worth.
3. One of our biggest problems was not having someone else to create when teams doubled Book. That’s why you need a KD or Lillard next to him.

I do get it…this team has been incredibly frustrating, but so was the team last year before KD came. Ya you add some depth, but I also don’t love Nurkic as much with CP3. Ayton was a better fit with CP3. I also just don’t love the direction CP3 is heading. That team was not the answer.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

A team led by Chris Paul is not winning a title. He has proven that over and over.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:57 pm
A few things:

3. One of our biggest problems was not having someone else to create when teams doubled Book. That’s why you need a KD or Lillard next to him.

I do get it…this team has been incredibly frustrating, but so was the team last year before KD came. Ya you add some depth, but I also don’t love Nurkic as much with CP3. Ayton was a better fit with CP3. I also just don’t love the direction CP3 is heading. That team was not the answer.
It’s sad that Book and KD aren’t leaders. Can’t keep their players calm. When things get chaotic they panic as well and play sloppy. We need a steady hand, cP3 or someone else

Sunsfanatic76

Post by Sunsfanatic76 »

I wonder why they didn't try Little on Brunson with Allen doubling? I apologize if I missed something with that idea by th way. Either way, we need more size, length, athleticism on the wing and in our frontcourt. Nurkic was solid, Allen was solid too (offensively) but we need more toughness, physicality, heart and urgency. And I believe that our vet mins just lack this because they've never really had to carry more responsibility in these roles because they DID HAVE stars to CONSISTENTLY defer too. But now they're lost because our stars are just never healthy and we just don't have those tough, physical, aggressive, HUNGRY and edgy type bench options (currently) to push our bench to compete harder.

We need to go get: trade for or sign those players with those attributes. For me, players that'd address these softness and passivity issues-
1- Caruso for ballhandling and DISRUPTIVE DEFENSE/ WING DEFENSE/ PICK N ROLL DEFENSE. Maybe with Drummond for rebounding?? maybe Craig for size on the wing? Definitely considering Feron Hunt, Stanley Johnson, Mo Harkless, etc.

2- Oubre for size on the wing/ Moxy/edginess. Maybe add Pat Bev :twisted: To just add that tough, smashmouth, goonish "never quit fighting" edginess that this team is sorely lacking? I know..... I know...... We hate him, but remember what he did for the Wolves a season ago making them tougher defensively, And Vogel could really use tough defensive options to work with. We critically need that tough, physical, intense, smashmouth enforcer type that'll hold players accountable and give our team that aggressive edge and moxy. I still really like Cousins, Beverly, Dwight Howard, etc for that role off the bench honestly. Again, their value predominantly from that tough, physical edginess they'd add making us tougher and more resilient.

3- Kai Jones or Nik Richards at the 4? Maybe Nerlens Noel at the backup 5 and Chris Silva or Donta Hall ( 6'10 athletic monster) currently playing for Monaco Basket (buyout??). Maybe even Wenyen Gabriel or JaMychael Green for rebounding? Maybe a Noah Vonleh, Mamadi Diakite or Freddie Gillespie for more size and defensive versatility?

4- RJ Nembhard or maybe John Wall or Raul Neto possibly or a PG via trade? I'd try to get Melton and Oubre/Beverly from Philly for Little/ Gordon/ Eubanks, S Lee? maybe add a 2nd (If necessary)? Maybe McConnell/ Nwora, and rights to Tshiebwe??

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Could you imagine Caruso and Allen on the same team? Eeek that could be a little awkward.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SunsRIt wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:22 pm
A team led by Chris Paul is not winning a title. He has proven that over and over.
I’d still have done the Beal and Ayton trades. Book, Beal, Mikal, and Nurk would be interesting. And in this alternate reality, Beal is healthy. :P
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:28 pm
Split T wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:57 pm
A few things:

It’s sad that Book and KD aren’t leaders. Can’t keep their players calm. When things get chaotic they panic as well and play sloppy. We need a steady hand, cP3 or someone else
I think they’re both leaders by example but not the vocal, Chris Paul type. This is Book’s team. He needs to take over the Paul role.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:27 pm
Could you imagine Caruso and Allen on the same team? Eeek that could be a little awkward.
I imagine that they would have become the best of friends.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:16 pm
SunsRIt wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:22 pm
I’d still have done the Beal and Ayton trades. Book, Beal, Mikal, and Nurk would be interesting. And in this alternate reality, Beal is healthy. :P
I don’t think Beal would’ve chosen us if we didn’t have KD