PJ Tucker arrested for "super extreme DUI"

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: PJ Tucker arrested for

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:People make mistakes. I have friends and family members that have been charged with DUI's. They aren't bad people and they just made a bad choice. P.J. Has no prior incidents of getting in trouble, so it would not of effected me if I was negotiating a new contract with him.
Agreed. We probably all have someone in our lives that this applies to, and possibly don't even know it. I'm just happy that the police are around to catch someone making the mistake and holding them accountable. People make mistakes and that doesn't make them bad people. It's just the danger of making a mistake that could cause a real tragedy.
Tucker was an idiot for not hiring a cab. He was VERY lucky that no one was hurt by his actions. I hope he takes the matter extremely seriously and gets some counseling to make sure that this NEVER happens again.

As far as still signing him, Tucker is part of the Suns' family. You don't just throw out family. You get them help. See Tom Chambers.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Tucker is presumably under advice of his lawyer not to discuss the matter until the legal case is resolved. As soon as it is, however, I hope he becomes very vocal about it. He needs to offer some big mea culpas, and use his position as a public figure to teach other people not to make the mistake he made. That's the only way he can maintain his position as a fan favorite, at least with this fan.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I particularly like the part where he admits to having had "one beer."
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

He meant one boot of beer.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:I particularly like the part where he admits to having had "one beer."
Hey, a keg is technically one beer.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/496470238394089472

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

So he's grounded for two weeks?
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /13604791/

PJ's apology:
"I would like to express my gratitude to the people of Phoenix for their love and support during my time as a Phoenix Sun," Tucker said in a prepared statement on Monday. "Thank you to the Phoenix Suns organization for supporting me throughout this difficult time. And, of course my wife Tracey, family and friends, who just keep loving me. I cannot express how much I appreciate and value the many blessings that I have been given - love and abundance that I never imagined. I am truly blessed. I am so grateful that no one was hurt as a result of my choice to drive impaired.

"I am truly sorry and I take full responsibility for my actions. No excuses. It is now my responsibility to examine my life and make the changes necessary to ensure this never happens again. That process has begun and will continue with the love and support of my family, friends and, of course, the amazing Phoenix Suns.

"There is both a lesson and an opportunity in this experience: I learned the lesson the hard way - the opportunity is to ensure others don't.

"The good that resulted from making this mistake is realizing people's capacity to forgive. Thank you all so much for the love and forgiveness that I have received throughout this time.

"I will not let you down. Thank you."

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:So he's grounded for two weeks?
...Tucker also agreed to install an interlock ignition device on his car for 18 months to reduced jail time. He must also submit to substance abuse screening and counseling and pay $2,750 in fines, not including court costs and jail costs of up to $200 per day. He also was placed on five-year probation.

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /13604791/

PJ's apology:
"I would like to express my gratitude to the people of Phoenix for their love and support during my time as a Phoenix Sun," Tucker said in a prepared statement on Monday. "Thank you to the Phoenix Suns organization for supporting me throughout this difficult time. And, of course my wife Tracey, family and friends, who just keep loving me. I cannot express how much I appreciate and value the many blessings that I have been given - love and abundance that I never imagined. I am truly blessed. I am so grateful that no one was hurt as a result of my choice to drive impaired.

"I am truly sorry and I take full responsibility for my actions. No excuses. It is now my responsibility to examine my life and make the changes necessary to ensure this never happens again. That process has begun and will continue with the love and support of my family, friends and, of course, the amazing Phoenix Suns.

"There is both a lesson and an opportunity in this experience: I learned the lesson the hard way - the opportunity is to ensure others don't.

"The good that resulted from making this mistake is realizing people's capacity to forgive. Thank you all so much for the love and forgiveness that I have received throughout this time.

Good start.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /13604791/

PJ's apology:

Good start.
Agreed

Indy

Re: PJ Tucker arrested for "super extreme DUI"

Post by Indy »

Argh! Stupid. Selfish. Reckless. I have always said that doing this is like premeditated attempted aggravated assault (if that existed :P ). You are choosing to endanger so many. Like firing off rounds in the city.

Did I read he will serve time? I hope so.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:Did I read he will serve time? I hope so.
3 days.

:whoopdedoo:

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yeah that's bullshit.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah, I agree. It was really bad of him, and the punishment is just a slap on the wrist.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

FWIW, if he's a first-time offender that's typical. My dumb-ass brother got pulled over and got a night in jail and a few months of probation.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Not to mention, your dumb-ass brother didn't have to deal with his dumb-assedness being on the front page of the Sports section.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

I made up for it as best I could. :D

Indy

Post by Indy »

My bullshit comment wasn't about him, more about the situation. I don't get how people can so willfully put innocent people at risk of death and not have a commensurate level of deterrent.

Sent using Tapatalk

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I'm with you on this one Indy.