Suns News: Week 15 (1/29/24 - 2/4/24)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Nodack

Re: Suns News: Week 15 (1/29/24 - 2/4/24)

Post by Nodack »

It’s good to be hated as a team. It’s a sign of respect.

I keep hearing Booker is the PG here. I thought the plan was to not have a dedicated PG and have the big three just split the time bringing up the ball. Booker seemed to take on the role of PG in the beginning and his offense suffered. Then I heard Beal kind of took over the PG duties to free up Booker as a more traditional 2 guard and that’s when he started going off points wise. Now Beal has had the face mask set back and hasn’t been the same.

People keep talking about getting a dedicated PG. I don’t think that is in the cards at this year. When healthy the big three have shown that they are very lethal as an offensive unit. That was the plan and I am pretty sure they are sticking to it.

The turnovers, rebounding, defense and not collapsing in the fourth quarter are the issues they need to address most imo.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Not oly are the Suns 4th in most turnovers, but they're 23rd in forcing turnovers. Getting a PG who can also defend on the perimeter would help in both regards. Alex Caruso would probably be perfect, but I doubt they'd want to give up what it would take to get him.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Split T

Post by Split T »

Caruso isn’t a pg but he would definitely help defensively. Also a lot of our turnover problems came when Booker was out. It’s still a problem, but the season long stats are a bit misleading.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Also it’s a be careful what you wish for situation if you make a change like that. You can add a pg to reduce turnovers, but you might make the defense worse or kill the spacing and efficiency still goes down.

Keep in mind any pg we’d be getting is being acquired for less than 10 million salary and 2nd round picks. They won’t be a high level pg.