Suns trade for Royce O’Neale

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Suns trade for Royce O’Neale

Post by Split T »

That have been waived already and are cheap enough to be available to us, we’ve got Biz, RoLo, House, Giles, and Hayes.

Harris, Dinwiddie, and Morris are all too expensive. There will be more players cut.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Has Hayes shown enough offensively to even be considered for a playoff rotation spot?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Phoenix Suns trade grades: Royce O'Neale, David Roddy deal 'huge win' at NBA trade deadline

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 526366007/
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

TOO wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:51 pm
Has Hayes shown enough offensively to even be considered for a playoff rotation spot?
I would not give him a rotation spot. He’d be a developmental guy. He can’t shoot at all

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Split T

Post by Split T »

My only issue is we are still very small. We are really counting on Bol and Eubanks. Would love to add another big option in the buyout market.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:56 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:52 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:29 pm
4 players that weren’t in the rotation
Just so we can keep Little who is also not in the rotation? And add a player we have no use for in Roddy? We have no need for a 6’4 PF who can’t shoot.

I was excited to see we were making a trade and getting O’Neale, until I saw we gave up 4 players.
Even with Little we would’ve had to use 2 more players(unless one was Okogie or Lee). You also have to factor in what we do with the 2 open roster spots. We still have a TPE and we could still trade Little for 5 more minutes. We also keep Little to trade next year if we want.
And we got rid of the only player on the roster that was even close to being a point guard. I would have definitely traded Lee ahead of KBD or Goodwin.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I think we sign Biz. Not sure if there will buyout big man that’s going to be more solid than him.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:32 pm
Split T wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Split T wrote:
Just so we can keep Little who is also not in the rotation? And add a player we have no use for in Roddy? We have no need for a 6’4 PF who can’t shoot.

I was excited to see we were making a trade and getting O’Neale, until I saw we gave up 4 players.
Even with Little we would’ve had to use 2 more players(unless one was Okogie or Lee). You also have to factor in what we do with the 2 open roster spots. We still have a TPE and we could still trade Little for 5 more minutes. We also keep Little to trade next year if we want.
And we got rid of the only player on the roster that was even close to being a point guard. I would have definitely traded Lee ahead of KBD or Goodwin.
Booker and Beal are much better PG’s than Goodwin…Did you think Goodwin was going to play for us? Again we still have 2 roster spots…we might add a buyout pg

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wally_West wrote:
I think we sign Biz. Not sure if there will buyout big man that’s going to be more solid than him.
Thad Young just got waived…I’ll take him please

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

JeremyG wrote:
Split T wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Split T wrote:

It's very possible that other teams just didn't want Little and his 3.5 years of remaining salary. We couldn't just force him on the Nets.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I will say that Jordan Goodwin's exit from the rotation was pretty sudden. He was one of our most consistent players early in the season, hit a shooting slump, got benched and never got another look. All of the other minimum guys got multiple chances in the rotation without ever having Goodwin's early season consistency.

I guess it was more a matter of just not having room for another rotation guard once Beal returned.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I think he was playing because Beal was hurt. He had moments but his shot making was worse than Okogie. At least Okogie could get to the rim. Even when he was playing well he was still wildly inefficient.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

How are people not excited about this? It's literally a zero risk move besides the picks.

I loved Roddy out of Colorado St. Haven't followed him as much in the NBA but he's tough and can hustle. O'neal is a 3nd guy that fits best playing next scorers. Exactly what we have. We traded away a bunch of tim cans for a seasoned vet and a guy who atleast has potential to fill a roll for us.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Underwhelmed but happy. Bridges was the moon for his talent. O'Neal is much better than any of the trash we sent out. Love we kept Little so we at least maintain a single trade worthy contract

Split T

Post by Split T »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:28 pm
How are people not excited about this? It's literally a zero risk move besides the picks.

I loved Roddy out of Colorado St. Haven't followed him as much in the NBA but he's tough and can hustle. O'neal is a 3nd guy that fits best playing next scorers. Exactly what we have. We traded away a bunch of tim cans for a seasoned vet and a guy who atleast has potential to fill a roll for us.
Ya I’m very confused people are upset about trading our non-rotation guys.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

TOO wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:07 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:03 pm
Well, you guys got what you wanted. I hope O'Neale is as good as you guys say he is. I am disappointed in losing all four of those players. They all had potential in different areas. Nobody mentioned Goodwin but he started out like gang busters defensively in preseason and then just steadily fell off from there and couldn't shoot. I'm just glad we still have Okogie.
All 4 of those players played like they didn't know what their role was. I won't miss any of them.
We traded 4 ass cheeks. I'm fine losing them.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:47 pm
Sunsfan4life wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:28 pm

Ya I’m very confused people are upset about trading our non-rotation guys.
But are you surprised?

Split T

Post by Split T »

I guess I shouldn’t be

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »