Suns News: Week 21 (3/11 - 3/17)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Suns News: Week 21 (3/11 - 3/17)

Post by Split T »

I still don’t expect him to play, but maybe means he’s getting close?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

TOO

Post by TOO »

Book acknowledging the 4th Q issue is a big deal. He knows they pound the ball and overthink it. Interesting
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Bucktastic365

Post by Bucktastic365 »

If Book would have learned 1 thing from CP3, I wish it would have been the rip thru move.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Devin Booker wrote:It's a lifestyle.
If someone identifies as a Suns fan and doesn't respect Booker, they're the problem.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:17 pm
Devin Booker wrote:It's a lifestyle.
If someone identifies as a Suns fan and doesn't respect Booker, they're the problem.
That's so funny. I JUST watched that and just paused to watch the rest later. (It's near the halfway point, btw.)
"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I'm glad that they discussed the 4th quarter
I don't think JJ was not trying to be disrespectful by saying "The League" and not just the Suns have an issue with slowing down the offense too much match-up hunting.

I've been saying it's a conundrum because again it's just how the league plays and I keep saying just about everyone gonna be comfortable trusting Book n KD to "have the ball til they find an option they like"

The irony is that the defending champions never deviate from their bread n butter. They don't fall into that trap so hopefully we can continue to evolve.
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The issue is walking the ball up, right into a double team and getting trapped in a corner near halfcourt that can lead to TOs. The issue is one guy dribbing for 14 seconds while the shotclock runs down and being forced to take a bad shot or forcing someone else to put up a bad shot. You can drain the clock with ball and player movement. Run the weave while they play Sweet Georgia Brown to kill time, but at least run some kind of action.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:50 pm
The issue is walking the ball up, right into a double team and getting trapped in a corner near halfcourt that can lead to TOs. The issue is one guy dribbing for 14 seconds while the shotclock runs down and being forced to take a bad shot or forcing someone else to put up a bad shot. You can drain the clock with ball and player movement. Run the weave while they play Sweet Georgia Brown to kill time, but at least run some kind of action.
MOVE the ball! The ball finds ENERGY!
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

You'll say that now until the ball moves to someone like Eric Gordon and he throws a pass off of Eubank's foot.

I get that it's not aesthetically pleasing and I've expressed frustration with pounding the air out of the ball, but it's still often safer than enabling a lesser skilled player screw up the possession by doing something outside of their comfort zone in crunch time. Torrey Craig had a memorable run of doing that stuff last season.

At least when KD or Booker turn over the ball it is theoretically in the hands of the most dangerous offensive player.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

But we should have Book, KD and Beal out there, so that's 3 guys out of 5 on the floor you can get the ball to if you're Allen, EG, Nurk, or Eubanks. The problem again is no one moves to any open spots or goes and gets the ball themselves. We get spread out and guys like Beal and KD are in the corners watching Book get doubled and trying to pass to Allen or Nurk/Eubanks.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I agree the stagnation is untenable. I wish they'd start an off ball action when the ball is crossing mid-court. Something to make the help defenders take their eyes off of the ballhandler would seemingly be helpful.

Booker and KD have a lot of pride and truly believe they can beat any scheme thrown at them, and they're right more often than not, but it's still annoying to watch them allow the defense to dictate the possession so often.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Uh... Is Eric Gordon cooked?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:28 pm
Uh... Is Eric Gordon cooked?
► Show Spoiler
He looks it at times. Maybe we should just shut him down until the playoffs.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Think it’s very important we win at least 4 of these next 5(Milwaukee, Philly, Atlanta, SpursX2). Milwaukee would be the only acceptable loss to me. After these next 5 we finish with an absolute gauntlet. 9 of the 10 are against Western teams ahead of us in the standings(Denver, OKC, kings, MinnyX2, PelsX2, ClippersX2). The other game is against Cleveland.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:07 am
Think it’s very important we win at least 4 of these next 5(Milwaukee, Philly, Atlanta, SpursX2). Milwaukee would be the only acceptable loss to me. After these next 5 we finish with an absolute gauntlet. 9 of the 10 are against Western teams ahead of us in the standings(Denver, OKC, kings, MinnyX2, PelsX2, ClippersX2). The other game is against Cleveland.
We always struggle against Atlanta so watch out for that one. Is Trae still out? I expect to see super Book in Philly.
"Be Legendary."

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:06 pm
Split T wrote:
We always struggle against Atlanta so watch out for that one. Is Trae still out? I expect to see super Book in Philly.
Philly game is in Phoenix, we lost to them in Philadelphia already, back during the first Eastern road trip of the season.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

BKinSJC wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:22 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:06 pm
Split T wrote:
Philly game is in Phoenix, we lost to them in Philadelphia already, back during the first Eastern road trip of the season.
Yeah, didn't realize we came home for a couple (Philly/Atlanta) before hitting the road again for another for another 5.
"Be Legendary."