Game Day (Early Start!): Suns (39-28) @ Bucks (43-24), Sun 3/17/24

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Game Day (Early Start!): Suns (39-28) @ Bucks (43-24), Sun 3/17/24

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:00 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:07 am
Split T wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:19 am
No way seems a little much…it’s just one round. If we get the right matchup(Wolves) it’s definitely possible. I will say I won’t be surprised by anything though…we could lose two games in the play-in and end up a lottery team and I won’t be surprised. We could also make a run to the WCF. I’d be a bit surprised if we made the finals or won the finals, but there’s not a team that terrifies me in the west. We can beat any one team. It’s stringing that together for multiple rounds that I don’t think we can do.
I'm not sure we'd beat the Wolves in a series. Not sure if you've seen the product on the court lately or not but we're horrible.
Well the point is not sure and no chance are not the same. I’m not sure we would either, but there’s a chance. That’s what I’m saying…but also I haven’t watched since the Denver win, so I haven’t seen any of our 1-3 stretch(though from a not watching perspective, going 1-3 against BostonX2, Cleveland, and Milwaukee is not unexpected. I know Milwaukee didn’t have Giannis, but that was also a morning game after a b2b, so 3 games in 3.5 days essentially).
OK, then you missed out. You didn't see our lack of giving a shit and just going through the motions. I don't care if the game was at two in the morning after playing the hour before. You still scrap and claw and give it everything you've got.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I mean that’s easy for us to say. Teams clearly don’t do that. All teams take games off and I’m not surprised they phoned that one in. It’s not like we haven’t seen them do similar things previously this year, only to turn around and look great a couple days later.

As a team we’ve taken on the identity of our former center haha

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Idk, this is just weird season. Outside of the Celtics and maybe Denver, everyone has been having an up and down season with horrible and inexcusable losses. At least we can say we’ve been mostly injured.

OKC and Minny have been mostly consistent too I guess but I still want to see how they perform in the playoffs.

Like Split said, I wouldn’t be surprised with any outcome. Still hoping for a DBacks type post-season. Anyone claiming they thought the Dbacks were making the World Series last year is a fucking liar. :lol: ;)

They lost 4 straight entering the playoffs and barely got in then went on to beat Dodgers and Phillies?!? Anything is possible! Lol

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:56 pm
I mean that’s easy for us to say. Teams clearly don’t do that. All teams take games off and I’m not surprised they phoned that one in. It’s not like we haven’t seen them do similar things previously this year, only to turn around and look great a couple days later.

Really?! Wow, I disagree strongly. We're not in position to do that.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:15 pm
Idk, this is just weird season. Outside of the Celtics and maybe Denver, everyone has been having an up and down season with horrible and inexcusable losses. At least we can say we’ve been mostly injured.

OKC and Minny have been mostly consistent too I guess but I still want to see how they perform in the playoffs.

Like Split said, I wouldn’t be surprised with any outcome. Still hoping for a DBacks type post-season. Anyone claiming they thought the Dbacks were making the World Series last year is a fucking liar. :lol: ;)

They lost 4 straight entering the playoffs and barely got in then went on to beat Dodgers and Phillies?!? Anything is possible! Lol
Thanks, Kevin Garnett.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I don't see this team making it out of the 1st round, and they might not even make it out of the play-in games.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:34 pm
Split T wrote:

You don’t think all teams phone games in at times? I wasn’t saying we were in a position to do it, I’m just saying it happens to everyone. I get that there’s no emotion in it for me though as I didn’t watch.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:35 pm
Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:

You don’t think all teams phone games in at times? I wasn’t saying we were in a position to do it, I’m just saying it happens to everyone. I get that there’s no emotion in it for me though as I didn’t watch.
Of course it happens. But it shouldn't in this position and time and place. I think it's a warning flag. If you couldn't get up for the Bucks game when in our position, there are issues.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:54 pm
Split T wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:

Of course it happens. But it shouldn't in this position and time and place. I think it's a warning flag. If you couldn't get up for the Bucks game when in our position, there are issues.
No disagreements here…we definitely have issues

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:01 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:54 pm
Split T wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:

No disagreements here…we definitely have issues
Yeah, the first half was extremely frustrating. Consider yourself lucky. As has been noted, the Bucks set the all-time NBA record for made 3s in a half. Most of them wide open.
"Be Legendary."

Scarecrow33

Post by Scarecrow33 »

By my calcs, KD makes $565,944.30 per game. (yearly contract payout / 82 games) Therefore he made $141,486.07 for the 4th qtr of this game. Ishbia did not get his money's worth. :oops:

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:36 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:15 pm

Thanks, Kevin Garnett.
A connected team is a dangerous team. Embrace the chaos! Fangs out.