Suns News: Week 22 (3/18 - 3/24)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
LazarusLong

Re: Suns News: Week 22 (3/18 - 3/24)

Post by LazarusLong »

Cap wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:19 pm
LazarusLong wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:15 pm
Superbone wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:24 pm
I would like to see it. He comes back as a basketball player. Says he's done the religious thing and it didn't work out for him. He'd have the flowing hair a la Steve Nash. He'd have mad hops, sneaky dunks, and a dead-eye three. I think he could do wonders for us.
I'd rather have Moses. He'd part defenses in the lane and drive in for uncontested layups ... 8-)
Plus, he’d probably hook you up with tickets. You knew him, didn’t you?
Of course. My discarded cigarette butt caused the Burning Bush ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

LazarusLong wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:39 pm
Cap wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:
Superbone wrote:
I would like to see it. He comes back as a basketball player. Says he's done the religious thing and it didn't work out for him. He'd have the flowing hair a la Steve Nash. He'd have mad hops, sneaky dunks, and a dead-eye three. I think he could do wonders for us.
I'd rather have Moses. He'd part defenses in the lane and drive in for uncontested layups ... 8-)
How did you get to speak and not wither as it burned?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:00 pm
LazarusLong wrote:
Cap wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:
Superbone wrote:
It’s actually not a difficult trick to pull off. Just soak the bush in wine or liquor and light. The alcohol doesn’t burn hot enough to ignite the bush, assuming the bush is healthy. Bush flambé. Note that this will kill the bush, and if you try the same trick after it’s dead and dry it will burn.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:04 pm
In2ition wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:
Cap wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:

It’s actually not a difficult trick to pull off. Just soak the bush in wine or liquor and light. The alcohol doesn’t burn hot enough to ignite the bush, assuming the bush is healthy. Bush flambé. Note that this will kill the bush, and if you try the same trick after it’s dead and dry it will burn.
Ok, so a random bush on the mountain was sprayed with wine or liquor and lit on fire for Moses to find it? So Moses thinks to himself, "Damn, that's super strange. What's up with that?" and starts to approach the bush to take a closer look.
Someone(Lazarus) sees he's approaching. Laz has a speaker in the bush and doesn't want him to see it, and says, "Moses! Moses!" And Moses responds, "Who? Me? Here I am."
"Yo, stop right there," Laz said. "Take off your nasty ass sandals, this is my home yo."
"I got a job for you." Las says "My boys have been calling me everyday saying how they are being knocked around and treated like dirt in Egypt. I need you to go get my peeps out."
Moses says, "Yeah, I got that stutter like the Prez, I don't know if I'm the one to approach the Pharoah."

I'm just thinking how this goes, haha.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Grayson Allen has taken at least 9 3s in 11 games this season. Anyone wanna guess our record in those 11 games?
Spoiler: show/hide

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Seems like agood place for this -

"Ten" Commandments
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:12 pm
You think I want to trade Book?!

And they fit by the way! They're nice.
Mine arrived yesterday and I'm glad I went up half a size largely because there's a lot of putting on and taking off of shoes in Asia. They're still a bit snug to slip on at a half size higher than my typical casual sneakers.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

The Bobster wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:08 pm
Seems like agood place for this -

"Ten" Commandments
Classic! Mad props, Bobster. 8-)

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:12 pm
Cap wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:04 pm
In2ition wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:
Cap wrote:

Ok, so a random bush on the mountain was sprayed with wine or liquor and lit on fire for Moses to find it? So Moses thinks to himself, "Damn, that's super strange. What's up with that?" and starts to approach the bush to take a closer look.
Someone(Lazarus) sees he's approaching. Laz has a speaker in the bush and doesn't want him to see it, and says, "Moses! Moses!" And Moses responds, "Who? Me? Here I am."
"Yo, stop right there," Laz said. "Take off your nasty ass sandals, this is my home yo."
"I got a job for you." Las says "My boys have been calling me everyday saying how they are being knocked around and treated like dirt in Egypt. I need you to go get my peeps out."
Moses says, "Yeah, I got that stutter like the Prez, I don't know if I'm the one to approach the Pharoah."

I'm just thinking how this goes, haha.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

This isn't good:

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

This kind of matches a lot of the sentiment around here about this team:

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Oh, yeah. And about that horrible pass Durant threw to Eubanks last night, Eddie Johnson had it right. He shouldn't have thrown it. Eubanks wasn't even looking. That's not his game. That was all on Durant and yet Durant threw a hissy fit.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I've had the word joyless in my head since the middle of the year for this team. No vibes, feels like they're just out there playing to get the games and season over with.

Split T

Post by Split T »

It was bad all around…KD got blitzed and he needed to get rid of the ball. Eubanks just dove hard to the rim and should’ve made him self available to KD…but KD can’t pass that without knowing Eubanks is there. Just another one of those things where we are not on the same page. KD and Eubanks don’t even have the excuse of time…they’ve both been healthy and playing together a lot this year. We just look like we haven’t left preseason still….funny enough the best this team has looked all year might’ve been that first preseason game against Detroit. We dropped like 48 in the 1st Q and hardly missed a single shot…then the injuries started happening.

The 4th Q comeback against Sacramento is probably the best we’ve looked in the regular season…that or the time we cooked Dallas.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

As far as continuity, I'm not sure that's going to help this team if what you said above is true. The 2004 Nash led team started off with a bang! What was it 30-4 or something crazy like that. Good chemistry can happen immediately with the right teammates. This team doesn't seem to have that.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Bradley gets it.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think we need Beal to step up and become the leader of this team…and I don’t necessarily mean on the court…I think it’s clear KD and Book just aren’t leaders(except by example). We need a vocal leader in the locker room and I think Beal has got to be the one.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:29 am
I think we need Beal to step up and become the leader of this team…and I don’t necessarily mean on the court…I think it’s clear KD and Book just aren’t leaders(except by example). We need a vocal leader in the locker room and I think Beal has got to be the one.
I agree! Good observation. He needs to get vocal with these guys and not be afraid to lay into Book and Durant. I think these guys defer to each other too much.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

It's not his game and he may not like it initially, but he's got to embrace that POA role. Seems like he's acknowledging it and trying to adapt. This isn't Washington where he needs to take all the shots and try to score 30 for the team to have a shot at winning. So good on him for being willing to sacrifice to that end.