Suns News: Week 22 (3/18 - 3/24)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Suns News: Week 22 (3/18 - 3/24)

Post by ShelC »

Last Week's Games
Mon, March 11th @ Cleveland Cavaliers 117-111 WIN! :D
Thur, March 14th @ Boston Celtics 112-127 LOSS :cry:
Fri, March 15th @ Charlotte Hornets 107-96 WIN! :D
Sun, March 17th @ Milwaukee Bucks 129-140 LOSS :cry:

This Week's Games
Weds, March 20th vs Philadelphia at 10:00PM EST SUNS LIVE, ARIZONA'S FAMILY 3TV / ARIZONA'S FAMILY SPORTS
Thur, March 21st vs Atlanta at 10:00PM EST on SUNS LIVE, ARIZONA'S FAMILY 3TV / ARIZONA'S FAMILY SPORTS/NBA TV
Sat, March 23rd at San Antonio at 8:00PM EST on SUNS LIVE, ARIZONA'S FAMILY 3TV / ARIZONA'S FAMILY SPORTS

Suns Stories
Suns Week 21 Stock Exchange: The “lazy” Suns, the lack of an edge, and the return of IT
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2024 ... -vogel-nba

Kevin Durant set to pass Shaquille O'Neal for No. 8 on NBA's all-time scoring list
https://www.nba.com/news/kevin-durant-s ... oring-list

In2ition

Re: Suns News: Week 22 (3/18 - 3/24)

Post by In2ition »

We suck again.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

This has been just a weird season, so I’m not counting them out yet but I’ll admit it’s not looking good. Lol

I still think there possible Dbacks type post-season run, with Playoff Book and a healthy KD and Beal? There’s a decent chance for some weird shit to go down in a positive way.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I'm gonna be stubborn in "My Hopes" :? :oops:
mainly cause I think lots of the other teams are flawed and outside the Celtics and Nuggets (not consistent)

Anyways two of the respected minds giving their thoughts

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

You think I want to trade Book?!

And they fit by the way! They're nice.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:46 am
This has been just a weird season, so I’m not counting them out yet but I’ll admit it’s not looking good. Lol

I still think there possible Dbacks type post-season run, with Playoff Book and a healthy KD and Beal? There’s a decent chance for some weird shit to go down in a positive way.
If they think they can just turn a switch on, I think they're sadly mistaken. We can't even get up for the Bucks?! If they don't get their butts in gear, they might not even make the playoffs after play-in.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:08 pm
I'm gonna be stubborn in "My Hopes" :? :oops:
mainly cause I think lots of the other teams are flawed and outside the Celtics and Nuggets (not consistent)

Anyways two of the respected minds giving their thoughts
► Show Spoiler
Legler: "It was grotesque. It was an embarrassing effort yesterday."

This sums it up pretty well. Do these guys even care? Show me something! Ishbia isn't going to stand for this. Huge changes next year if this plays out like this.

Legler also noticed that Allen was one of the only ones to care about defense. At least in the starting lineup.

"Suns looked like the Washington Wizards just playing it out."

Ouch!
"Be Legendary."

3TheHardaway

Post by 3TheHardaway »

I think I still believe that Booker can be the guy to take a Suns team to the promised land. I think he’s got some growing up to do in terms of maturity, leadership, and learning how to impose his will on a game (especially on night where he starts off slow and starts forcing shots).

I think KD is a great talent pairing but a poor personality pairing for Booker. That 36 unbothered shit had bled into the on-court product. At a certain point, if he wants to ‘be legendary’ he’s gotta figure out how to lead, and set an example for others to fall in line.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Ishbia's the one who slapped his dick on the table trying to buy a championship. Mr. Big Spender is gonna get that tax bill up the ass. He's as much a problem as anyone as far as I'm concerned. And if he brings in Isiah Thomas, I'm checking out completely.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

3TheHardaway wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:10 pm
I think I still believe that Booker can be the guy to take a Suns team to the promised land. I think he’s got some growing up to do in terms of maturity, leadership, and learning how to impose his will on a game (especially on night where he starts off slow and starts forcing shots).

I think KD is a great talent pairing but a poor personality pairing for Booker. That 36 unbothered shit had bled into the on-court product. At a certain point, if he wants to ‘be legendary’ he’s gotta figure out how to lead, and set an example for others to fall in line.
Book was completely fine when he had a team built around his skills as a scorer. Paul was the engine for the Finals team but Book put the team on his back and showed up everynight, on both ends of the court. The only thing that's been exposed about him now is that he's not a point guard. He's a 1A guy but, like most other 1As, needs a setup guy and roleplayers around him to let him do what he does best.

3TheHardaway

Post by 3TheHardaway »

I agree in that he would be better served having a facilitator on offense, but being exposed as not being a point guard doesn’t explain his lackadaisical attitude and effort this year. When CP was around you could see how motivated he was to prove he was a legitimate 2-way player. He doesn’t hold himself to a similar standard these days. Between his half-speed defense and constant barking at officials (justified or not), it’s a shitty example for a 1a to set.

See Doncic, Luka for a reference point on how not to lead.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

That's fair but I think it's also a symptom of knowing this team isn't going anywhere and it probably comes from a lack of faith in the coaching staff. People ripped Monty but he motivated everyone, got their buy-in even before CP got there, and connected specifically with Book. He helped raise Book's game. Kobe acted the same way in the years after Shaq and before Pau when the Lakers were just spinning their wheels. Not saying it's right, just is what it is.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

3TheHardaway wrote:

3TheHardaway wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:20 pm
I agree in that he would be better served having a facilitator on offense, but being exposed as not being a point guard doesn’t explain his lackadaisical attitude and effort this year. When CP was around you could see how motivated he was to prove he was a legitimate 2-way player. He doesn’t hold himself to a similar standard these days. Between his half-speed defense and constant barking at officials (justified or not), it’s a shitty example for a 1a to set.

See Doncic, Luka for a reference point on how not to lead.
You and me are on the same page. Well said.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:45 pm
That's fair but I think it's also a symptom of knowing this team isn't going anywhere and it probably comes from a lack of faith in the coaching staff. People ripped Monty but he motivated everyone, got their buy-in even before CP got there, and connected specifically with Book. He helped raise Book's game. Kobe acted the same way in the years after Shaq and before Pau when the Lakers were just spinning their wheels. Not saying it's right, just is what it is.
Good point as well, Shel. Still hate to see it. Too bad Monty couldn't overcome his player conflict/management issues. Like CharlieS told me, he could have had a Pop like tenure here.
"Be Legendary."

3TheHardaway

Post by 3TheHardaway »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:45 pm
Absolutely agree about lack of buy in, and I think the 2005-7 Kobe comparison is apt. I just hope we can find him the right coach and the appropriate Pau Gasol-eque acquisition for him to grow into a champion with while he’s still in his prime.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Grayson probably been the highlight of the season for me.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:15 pm
3TheHardaway wrote:

Book was completely fine when he had a team built around his skills as a scorer. Paul was the engine for the Finals team but Book put the team on his back and showed up everynight, on both ends of the court. The only thing that's been exposed about him now is that he's not a point guard. He's a 1A guy but, like most other 1As, needs a setup guy and roleplayers around him to let him do what he does best.
Booker's been pretty bad in elimination games -

2021 vs. MIL - 8/24 FG, 3 reb, 5 ast, 19 pts
2022 vs. DAL - 3/14 FG, 3 reb, 2 ast, 11 pts
2023 vs. DEN - 4/13 FG, 1 reb, 8 ast, 12 pts

thats 29% shooting and 14 points a game. He hasn't shown that he's any kind of alpha dog.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m just hoping we’re healthy in the playoffs and we see something to give us hope this team can play at an elite level.

Don’t lose in the play-in or get beat by a Wolves team missing KAT. Or get swept by anyone.

Might be best to play Denver round 1 where no one will expect us to win.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:45 pm
Grayson probably been the highlight of the season for me.
And not just his temples.
"Be Legendary."