Suns News: Week 23 (3/25 - 3/31)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Suns News: Week 23 (3/25 - 3/31)

Post by Mori Chu »

Last Week's Games
Wed Mar 20 vs Philadelphia: WIN! 115 - 102[/b] :D
Thu Mar 21 vs Atlanta: WIN! 128 - 115[/b] :D
Sat Mar 23 @ San Antonio: WIN! 131 - 106[/b] :D

This Week's Games
Mon Mar 25 @ San Antonio, 5:00 PM MST; TV: SUNS LIVE, ARIZONA'S FAMILY 3TV / ARIZONA'S FAMILY SPORTS
Wed Mar 27 @ Denver, 7:00 PM MST; TV: SUNS LIVE, ARIZONA'S FAMILY 3TV / ARIZONA'S FAMILY SPORTS, ESPN
Fri Mar 29 @ Oklahoma City, 5:00 PM MST; TV: SUNS LIVE, ARIZONA'S FAMILY 3TV / ARIZONA'S FAMILY SPORTS

source: https://www.nba.com/suns/schedule

Record and Standings
Suns record: 42-29
Standing: #6 in the West (2 games back of #5 Pelicans; 0.5 games up on #7-8 Kings/Mavs)
https://www.espn.com/nba/standings

Suns Stories
Bright Side: Suns Week 22 Stock Exchange: Real Deal Beal, etc.:
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2024 ... comparison

Beal's sacrifice could unlock the Big 3:
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2024 ... ant-booker

Just checking in: What's up with Kevin Durant?
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2024 ... oenix-suns

Suns find better energy for clinical win over Spurs:
https://arizonasports.com/story/3544891 ... ver-spurs/

Greg Popovich's gift to Book/KD: (it's wine)

Isaiah Thomas: Backcourt with Dragic, Bledsoe, IT would "100%" work today (lol):
https://arizonasports.com/story/3544759 ... ork-today/

Wally_West

Re: Suns News: Week 23 (3/25 - 3/31)

Post by Wally_West »

👀

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Bol Bol's 3-pointer has the highest rate of me thinking, "No chance that goes in" to it hitting nothing but net. The way he unfolds his arms to take it has me skeptical every time.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I hold my breath every time he shoots, tbh. Haha
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

I want him to shoot more…he passes up good looks to try and attack close outs and it rarely works. People don’t really close out on him anyways as no one can contest his shot.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:29 pm
I want him to shoot more…he passes up good looks to try and attack close outs and it rarely works. People don’t really close out on him anyways as no one can contest his shot.
Agreed. If he's open behind the line, shoot it! Drives my crazy when he passes up open shots.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

hE'S nOt A lEaDeR!!1
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Watching Bol Bol shoot is like watching a trebuchet unpack.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:32 pm
More like ‘it’s gone time’ am I right??

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

Booker deserves to be clowned; we did it to Ayton when he said stupid things with no self-awareness whatsoever, and this is the same shit. All year long it's been "Okay, whoa, now we're really gonna get serious! Gonna hit that switch! Any time now! We're talking about it!" It's all bullshit. It's been a terrible job of leadership by both the veteran that we gave away the whole future for, and the supposed "face of the franchise". Terrible coaching, lack of intensity, lack of cohesion, lack of everything that makes a team better than the sum of its parts. Fuck this group, fuck this franchise. I hate watching them, and I hate that I've put time and energy into caring about them.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

This is some chicken little bullshit.

It's fucking quiet around here when he plays well, but when the TEAM loses it's because one guy isn't a leader and isn't allowed to make mistakes.

No one forces anyone to be a fan, and just coming around and telling people you're not going to be a fan is the corniest shit ever.
Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

BKinSJC wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:02 pm
Booker deserves to be clowned; we did it to Ayton when he said stupid things with no self-awareness whatsoever, and this is the same shit. All year long it's been "Okay, whoa, now we're really gonna get serious! Gonna hit that switch! Any time now! We're talking about it!" It's all bullshit. It's been a terrible job of leadership by both the veteran that we gave away the whole future for, and the supposed "face of the franchise". Terrible coaching, lack of intensity, lack of cohesion, lack of everything that makes a team better than the sum of its parts. Fuck this group, fuck this franchise. I hate watching them, and I hate that I've put time and energy into caring about them.
100%.... Whatever happened to March Booker? I'm ready to march his butt out with the rest of this team and rebuild and get what value we can out of him while we can. He should be embarrassed with this teams performance this season and if this is HIS team he should start acting like it and taking some ownership. KD definitely needs to go... can't believe we mortgaged our future for a guy who lofts up lazy ass passes the way he does.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:11 pm

It's fucking quiet around here when he plays well, but when the TEAM loses it's because one guy isn't a leader and isn't allowed to make mistakes.
How much longer you want to keep excusing it?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Kryptonic wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

How much longer you want to keep excusing it?
Where's the excuse?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:35 pm
hE'S nOt A lEaDeR!!1
Your keyboard is broken but your message is accurate, you little chicken

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

You guys are spoiled.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I’m never going to say I’m gonna stop being a fan or even threaten to stop watching. Speaking for myself, I know that’s never going to be true. I’m always gonna cheer this team and I will watch whenever I can.

But it’s perfectly fine being depressed and a sad boy. This shit sucks. Just can’t quit this team, wish I could but been watching as long as I can remember.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

It was easy to watch the Suns shitty roster years and run through losses, because the roster called for that.

It was lovely to watch the Suns runs of the early 2000s when they had so much talent and just barely couldn't make it over the top. Same with 2020-2023.

This is the least enjoyable team I've watched. They have so much talent and yet I hate them even when they win.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:17 pm
I’m never going to say I’m gonna stop being a fan or even threaten to stop watching. Speaking for myself, I know that’s never going to be true. I’m always gonna cheer this team and I will watch whenever I can.

But it’s perfectly fine being depressed and a sad boy. This shit sucks. Just can’t quit this team, wish I could but been watching as long as I can remember.
This.

We got a bad combo this time around, it appears. I'm not even sure where the blame goes. Can't be just coaching and it can't be just the players. I think it's both and bad chemistry. Something is missing. I think we all have noticed that vocal leadership and accountability seems to be lacking.
"Be Legendary."