2024 Playoffs: Suns-Timberwolves Round 1 News Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: 2024 Playoffs: Suns-Timberwolves Round 1 News Thread

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:00 pm
So 8 more years and we get our next 7 seconds or less team!

We gonna have to go through our Kidd and then Marbury era first though.
Can't wait! I mean literally, I can't wait. That's too long.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LMAO, okay fella.

Split T

Post by Split T »

He’s not going to say he’s getting fired

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

A "public vote of confidence" means nothing in professional sports.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:12 pm
LMAO, okay fella.

Which asshat asked this question? Also, what do people expect him to say?

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Suns are in trouble going forward. Teams like OKC and Minnesota are the new guard in the league. They are both so young and talented this may be the end of the Suns window.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:27 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:12 pm
LMAO, okay fella.

Which asshat asked this question? Also, what do people expect him to say?
"Look. Everybody can see that I suck. I don't make adjustments. The guys don't listen to me. I'm a goner. I'll be lucky if I ever coach again in any capacity."

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SunsRIt wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:35 pm
Suns are in trouble going forward. Teams like OKC and Minnesota are the new guard in the league. They are both so young and talented this may be the end of the Suns window.
Looks like this new Ishbia window was over before it even started. Failed changes. Messed too much with a good thing. Removed all continuity. Reminds me of early Mark Cuban days. As long as we get later Mark Cuban results...

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m still not sold completely on Minny long term. They whooped us, but not sure that’s saying much. Ant is a superstar and potential future super-duper-star, but I still really don’t like KAT. Too unpredictable to be someone to rely on. Rudy is going to start aging. Love their role players though with NAW and McDaniels. I do think they’ll need to find a long term offensive piece next to Ant…not sure it’s McDaniels.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

They pretty much have to make the Finals this year. There's a huge tax bill coming for them and it'll become a lot more difficult to find quality rotation players on the minimum in the coming seasons.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Listening to the post-game media conferences with Book and Vogel and a couple of things stood out to me:
From Book - communication needs to be better from the top down (him,Vogel, KD and Beal) - this mirrors what we have thought about the lack of a vocal leader and disconnect between coach/es and players.
Book also talked about attention to detail a lot.i think we’d all agree that the sloppy careless stuff was maddening and ultimately costly.
Vogel (apart from sounding like Ted Lasso in the middle when he threw about three y’all’s into one sentence) talked about the Suns putting this roster together believing it could compete for 3-5 years. That is delusional imo. This year was their best shot because the rest of the league (west in particular) is just getting stronger. We are only getting older and likely even more susceptible to players getting worn down, injured or just plain worse.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Gladiator wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:53 am
Listening to the post-game media conferences with Book and Vogel and a couple of things stood out to me:
From Book - communication needs to be better from the top down (him,Vogel, KD and Beal) - this mirrors what we have thought about the lack of a vocal leader and disconnect between coach/es and players.
Book also talked about attention to detail a lot.i think we’d all agree that the sloppy careless stuff was maddening and ultimately costly.
Vogel (apart from sounding like Ted Lasso in the middle when he threw about three y’all’s into one sentence) talked about the Suns putting this roster together believing it could compete for 3-5 years. That is delusional imo. This year was their best shot because the rest of the league (west in particular) is just getting stronger. We are only getting older and likely even more susceptible to players getting worn down, injured or just plain worse.
Our roster deficiencies are quite obvious.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I didn't like KD's quote the other day about how the coach is the leader of the team. It's such an obvious "please fire Vogel" comment. I mean, yeah, the coach is the leader of a team in a way. But you, KD, are supposed to be one of our leaders on the floor and in the locker room. Calling the coach THE leader is totally absolving yourself of responsibility for the shitty ass product the team is putting out. What a lack of accountability and leadership. I'm really sick of KD's IDGAF attitude.

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:39 am
I didn't like KD's quote the other day about how the coach is the leader of the team. It's such an obvious "please fire Vogel" comment. I mean, yeah, the coach is the leader of a team in a way. But you, KD, are supposed to be one of our leaders on the floor and in the locker room. Calling the coach THE leader is totally absolving yourself of responsibility for the shitty ass product the team is putting out. What a lack of accountability and leadership. I'm really sick of KD's IDGAF attitude.
I think that's the real crux of the problem and it unfortunately rubbed off on Book (although it sounds as though things may have soured between those two if reports are to be believed).

Although Beal had a rough game last night I feel sorry for the guy coming into a team where the two existing stars seemingly took turns in trying to out IDGAF each other whilst also contending with the injuries he had.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

KD and Book deserve zero blame here. KD at his age playing out of position, still crushing 27ppg, playing heavy minutes 37 mpg, 6 boards, 5 assists while playing with minimal absences —and what? People act like he has a bad attitude? We ran through so many bench players and barely got a glimpse of Beal for a handful of games. I’m guessing he isn’t too confident with the offense or how the bench is coming along.
Book played outside his comfort zone as an on ball player and still hung heavy stats. We were a 6th seed and got swept accordingly. Blow it up or come back correct with some pick ups —maybe better coach or coaching.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

And so it begins….

😎

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

NBA Twitter out here just roasting my man Brad Beal.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'll allow some grace for the injuries that slowed his integration into the team, but he showed us what he's capable of doing for a couple of games at the end of the season which gave me some hope.

Then he reverted into the guy we saw for most of the season. Hesitant in decision making and mediocre his supposed best skill, scoring the ball.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I was always down on Beal. I had hope after the late season success. Then it was business as usual.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton