Season In Review: Rating

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

How Do You Rate The Season

A
No votes
B
19%
C
48%
D
22%
F
11%

Total votes: 27

specialsauce

Re: Season In Review: Rating

Post by specialsauce »

D.

They barely avoided the play-in requiring help at the end, and they were a sack of miserable fucks to watch for the better part of the year. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed Suns basketball games less, even in years where the roster was terrible the expectations were low and there were side plots/player development to enjoy rather than the outcome of the game.

D if not F with a star player who is so unlikeable and laissez-faire, and has been a terrible role model for our franchise guy who for the first time has also been unlikeable.

Now let's see how they grade out in the playoffs.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

I'm feeling weirdly hopeful after the last couple of games they put together, more specifically, Bradley Beal. If he can continue to assert his dominance we're going to be a hard team to beat.

Carno

Post by Carno »

C

I was considering a B-, but ultimately, I was disappointed with the team's effort on many nights. I'm not going to blame the coaches for the team's record like many others have done. Too many of the issues seem related to team execution (though I'm not a fan of the clogged toilet offense). Careless turnovers and lackluster effort are player problems. Yes, coaching can affect that to some degree, but in the end, it's the players on the court, not the coaches.

I still think this team was preparing for the playoffs all season (i.e. not chasing wins) and will perform better in that environment. Their level of caring will be higher, and I expect a corresponding ramp-up of effort (like we saw in the last game of the season -- they were movin' and groovin' on defense!). I'm expecting a better than anticipated playoff performance. I also think the team will do much better next season by just having continuity.