2024 Playoffs: Around the League Round 1 News Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
iLLmatic

Re: 2024 Playoffs: Around the League Round 1 News Thread

Post by iLLmatic »

I remember when Ingram was unstoppable against us. Once Zion got injured the Pelicans lost their way.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Everyone besides Zion was MIA against the Lakers. Ingram looked fine, but their offense wasn't fluid at all.

It's worth noting how difficult it can be to re-integrate a starter at this point and how it should be an advantage for the Suns against Minnesota.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The Pels are looking like the team that never was. On paper they're strong but either aren't healthy or can't seem to really click and make it all work for an extended period of time.

The Ws were done this year. A lot of people were in denial thinking they could turn it on in the postseason but you can't help being old and slow and the Kings really made them look old and slow. Interested to see how/if they regroup next year.

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

The warriors are fine. They got a little unlucky this year. The nba has shifted. You’re not going to see powerhouses anymore. If Draymond doesn’t get himself suspended they’re in the playoffs. If Klay doesn’t have the worst game of his life while Keegan Murray has the best one of his life this game swings the other way. In one game, any team in this leagues a beat any other. In a series any team missing one of their top 4 players will lose to a healthy opponent.

Everyone wants to overreact to everything. Look at our team. If Beal doesn’t miss the beginning of the season we’re in the top half of the west. Yeah we had some stupid losses, but those things happen to every team over the course of the season. Even Boston got utterly blown out twice this season. You go cold one night and the other team gets hot.

Warriors will be back. Their 4 young guys will be better next year. They’ll lose they’re old guards in Klay and Paul and will replace them with a couple of younger guys and will be right back in it.

And next year another team will experience some misfortune and we’ll act like the sky is falling.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:32 pm
Listen to this idiot.

What an idiot. I’m pretty sure that never been discussed. Anywhere.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

SunsRIt wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:11 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:32 pm
Listen to this idiot.

What an idiot. I’m pretty sure that never been discussed. Anywhere.
:shock:

Split T

Post by Split T »

Klay is significantly worse and older than Grayson at this point and Grayson got 4/70…I personally don’t like Klay at all and would pass on him for anything more than say the TPMLE…but I think a team would be crazy to give him more than like 2/25

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

MightyMoog wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:39 am
The warriors are fine. They got a little unlucky this year. The nba has shifted. You’re not going to see powerhouses anymore. If Draymond doesn’t get himself suspended they’re in the playoffs. If Klay doesn’t have the worst game of his life while Keegan Murray has the best one of his life this game swings the other way. In one game, any team in this leagues a beat any other. In a series any team missing one of their top 4 players will lose to a healthy opponent.

Everyone wants to overreact to everything. Look at our team. If Beal doesn’t miss the beginning of the season we’re in the top half of the west. Yeah we had some stupid losses, but those things happen to every team over the course of the season. Even Boston got utterly blown out twice this season. You go cold one night and the other team gets hot.

Warriors will be back. Their 4 young guys will be better next year. They’ll lose they’re old guards in Klay and Paul and will replace them with a couple of younger guys and will be right back in it.

And next year another team will experience some misfortune and we’ll act like the sky is falling.
IMO the Warriors are pretty done in their current iteration. Klay looks absolutely cooked, Draymond isn't the same and can't keep his self control. And Steph, while amazing, can't carry a team by himself. And they just don't have any other guys who can be a #2 or #3 guy on a contender. Wiggins and Kuminga just aren't that guy. Their other young guys are nice pieces but not stars. I think this is kind of what they are at this point. IMO this loss was basically the end of the Warriors as we know them. I bet they lose one of Klay or Draymond in the offseason among other changes.

Split T

Post by Split T »

They should definitely let Klay walk or sign and trade him somewhere. Let CP3 walk. I like Kuminga and Podz..Moody is good too, but they aren’t enough. They are probably stuck with Draymond/Wiggins, but I’d look to move them. Curry probably needs to be a #2 at this point…

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Klay is cooked.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:56 am
MightyMoog wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:39 am

IMO the Warriors are pretty done in their current iteration. Klay looks absolutely cooked, Draymond isn't the same and can't keep his self control. And Steph, while amazing, can't carry a team by himself. And they just don't have any other guys who can be a #2 or #3 guy on a contender. Wiggins and Kuminga just aren't that guy. Their other young guys are nice pieces but not stars. I think this is kind of what they are at this point. IMO this loss was basically the end of the Warriors as we know them. I bet they lose one of Klay or Draymond in the offseason among other changes.
I agree. But they’ll let Klay walk or sign him for very cheap. They’ll probably use cp3 to trade for another star. Will it be enough to be a #1 contender? No. But they could very easily get back in the mix. If I were them though. I’d tear down more and try to really rebuild from scratch. I think they already got their lightning in a bottle championship. I don’t think Steph can be their best player the next time they win.

At this point Klay is worth the vet minimum to other teams and the mid level to the warriors for nostalgic purposes. It’s sad, but he’s less useful than cp3.

Split T

Post by Split T »

CP3 is 198 assists and 71 steals away from passing Kidd for 2nd all time in both(he had 393 and 70 this year)…still 600ish steals and 4000ish assists behind Stockton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

MightyMoog wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:21 am
They’ll probably use cp3 to trade for another star.
They ain’t getting a star for a 39-year-old Chris Paul.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Probably just meant the contract…I kinda think they decline the option and let him expire. We’ll see how much they decide to spend on a lottery team.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't think any team would give up valuable assets for decrepit CP3. They'd have to bundle a decade's worth of picks with him like we love to do. IMO like Split T said they'll just let his contract run out so they can reap the salary savings. He didn't add much value for them this year and isn't worth keeping at that contract number.

What Klay will do will be super interesting. It seems like a shame for him to go somewhere else at the end of his career; it'd be nice for both he and Steph to be Warriors lifers. But the Warriors might not be willing to offer him a bunch of money given his steep decline this year. Would he stay there for a cheaper contract? I doubt the minimum, but maybe something below mid-level. Not sure. Some other team will probably offer him more, so it's up to him whether the money is worth leaving and having increased pressure and expectations. If he signs a big contract with, say, Philly, they'll be pretty pissed if this year's very bad Klay shows up and stinks up the joint.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The Bulls feel like a team that would offer Klay something like 80 over 3 because why not.

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:48 am
The Bulls feel like a team that would offer Klay something like 80 over 3 because why not.
And put Coby White back on the bench…

I could see Orlando being interested. They need shooting badly.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Split T

Post by Split T »

Huge win for the Kings

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:19 am
I don't think any team would give up valuable assets for decrepit CP3. They'd have to bundle a decade's worth of picks with him like we love to do. IMO like Split T said they'll just let his contract run out so they can reap the salary savings. He didn't add much value for them this year and isn't worth keeping at that contract number.
Is it possible a team that wants to shed salary will trade for him before his contract becomes guaranteed (June 27, I think) and then cut him?