2024 Suns General Offseason News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: 2024 Suns General Offseason News

Post by Mori Chu »

Interesting to see that our defensive efficiency is actually better compared to other teams than offensive, if I'm reading the chart properly.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Lately it has been…kinda impressive with how difficult our last 10 games were

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Factor in we only played 41 games with all big 3 together…. The offensive rating would be drastically improved.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:18 am
I'm still in a wheelchair dammit somebody cure me!!!!
Shazam!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:59 am
Interesting to see that our defensive efficiency is actually better compared to other teams than offensive, if I'm reading the chart properly.

Those games that they didn't show up in skewed it, and name one team that had a harder stretch of 10 games than the Suns? It wasn't even close. I think those two facts weren't factored into this.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

I just don’t know what to do with this team…. It s such a bummer year in and year out watching this team perform and never meet their full potential.

Definitely think we would have done better with CP3 here. We need leadership and a genuine playmaker.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Hopefully the Suns have a plan for a new coach before firing the current one. You have to wonder if we would have been better off keeping Monty at this point but hindsight is always 20/20. I just don't know who'd you bring in that can fix this mess. You'd need someone like prime time Pop or Phil to motivate these egos.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Once apathy sets in, being a Suns fan is pretty alright.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:26 am
Once apathy sets in, being a Suns fan is pretty alright.
It's not in my nature.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In seasons where the Suns aren't in the playoffs or have already been eliminated, I'm able to just watch the games impassively and enjoy them without stressing about any outcomes. I kind of already feel that way this year. We might beat Minny, we might not. It doesn't really matter. There is no way in heck we would contend for a title this year, so this series doesn't really concern me. Sad to say it, but that's how I feel. But that does mean I don't feel as stressed about each Suns / Wolves game.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:01 am
In seasons where the Suns aren't in the playoffs or have already been eliminated, I'm able to just watch the games impassively and enjoy them without stressing about any outcomes. I kind of already feel that way this year. We might beat Minny, we might not. It doesn't really matter. There is no way in heck we would contend for a title this year, so this series doesn't really concern me. Sad to say it, but that's how I feel. But that does mean I don't feel as stressed about each Suns / Wolves game.
Devin Booker is not focused on being a top 5 player this year, and therefore it really doesn't matter what else the rest of the team does we don't have a chance.

We need Bookers mind back in the right space. Put down the weed, shoes and girl problems and do your job.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LOL.

Split T

Post by Split T »

They hate him

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Split T wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:00 am
They hate him
Still upset about the covid incident :lol:

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It's not bad, but there needs to be more movement and misdirection in the offense, imo. It easily reverts back to iso too often.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya they need to get a coach that will get them to play modern basketball…that or they need to break up the midrange duo…

One other thought…if that’s going to be your offense. Go all in on it at least. You need a lock down defense if you want to play with 2000s shot charts. Be a massive team like Minny. Get me a defensive, rebounding big that will crash the offensive glass. I’m thinking Jarrett Allen, Clint Capela, Mitch Robinson, etc

Next I want another big forward to pair with KD in the frontcourt. Preferably one that can guard and space a little bit. OG Anunoby would be perfect…Aaron Gordon, Jerami Grant, Jonathan Isaac…these types.

Then for my last spot I want a lockdown POA defender that will harass the ball handler and can play on/off ball. Jrue is the prototype, but I’d take Smart. Melton or Suggs could work too.

Smart/Booker/KD/OG/Robinson

That’s an old school mid-range defensive team that could win with the shot diet Book and KD love.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ok, who says no

Draft night we trade our 2024 1st for a future 1st from someone.

Then this summer we offer Beal, the future 1st, and our 2031 1st to Orlando for Jalen Suggs, Jonathan Isaac, and Wendell Carter Jr?

Probably not enough from us. Orlando could use a guard like Beal, but he’s too old for their timeline and this eviscerates their defense.

I tried to trade Beal to Atlanta too for Dejounte/Capela but I can’t see why Atlanta does it. I like Beal but I do think the Beal/Book backcourt won’t work going forward unless LeBron decides to sign on for the minimum.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Atlanta probably looks to move the other PG instead.