2024 Suns Offseason: Where do we go from here?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Charlie Smithy!

Re: 2024 Suns Offseason: Where do we go from here?

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

But what if somebody with a particular set of skills threatens his family and holds them for ransom, would he sign with us for the minimum then?

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Cap wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 12:43 pm
People. LeBron is not signing with us for the min. Stop it.
It's going to be a long offseason and some of us are further along in the grieving process, but I understand the dream of landing Lebron because he can fill a LOT of holes with what we already have. Outside of that pipe dream we're pretty screwed.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 12:56 pm
But what if somebody with a particular set of skills threatens his family and holds them for ransom, would he sign with us for the minimum then?

TOO

Post by TOO »

I honestly think a coaching change would do wonders, but he's gotta hold these dudes accountable, if he can't it won't matter.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Time for the Jeff hornacek Redemption Arc!!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 12:40 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:46 am
I just don’t share the same defensive concerns as you. We were 13th in defense this year. The defense wasn’t the problem against Minny…the offense sucked and when we started to slip we let go of the rope and let Minny go crazy.

LeBron plays defense in the playoffs. The Lakers held the nuggets to well below their regular season offensive efficiency. I can’t believe I’m having to argue why LeBron James at the vet min would be good for this team.

So far this postseason, the Wolves have the most efficient offense in the league at 123.2 points per 100 possessions, according to NBA.com.

Okay. But I'm sorry, continue to explain why defense wasn't the problem. We got blown out in third quarters because they hit corner 3 after corner 3 and then ANT did whatever he wanted.

We're an awful transition D team, our pace blew offensively and we just could not get stops for the life of us when we needed to. Lebron helps with none of this.

This is Ryan McDonough thinking at its finest, aggregate parts with no team building in mind
I feel like a lot of the transition D problems get fixed with a steady leader, pg to keep the TOs down and a change to the offense, so that our C isn't doing lazy handoffs to our guards that the defense turns into live ball TOs. Just cutting down 2-3 live ball TOs per game, might improve the offense by at least 1 ppg and the defense by 4-5 ppg.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 12:40 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:46 am
I just don’t share the same defensive concerns as you. We were 13th in defense this year. The defense wasn’t the problem against Minny…the offense sucked and when we started to slip we let go of the rope and let Minny go crazy.

LeBron plays defense in the playoffs. The Lakers held the nuggets to well below their regular season offensive efficiency. I can’t believe I’m having to argue why LeBron James at the vet min would be good for this team.

So far this postseason, the Wolves have the most efficient offense in the league at 123.2 points per 100 possessions, according to NBA.com.

Okay. But I'm sorry, continue to explain why defense wasn't the problem. We got blown out in third quarters because they hit corner 3 after corner 3 and then ANT did whatever he wanted.

We're an awful transition D team, our pace blew offensively and we just could not get stops for the life of us when we needed to. Lebron helps with none of this.

This is Ryan McDonough thinking at its finest, aggregate parts with no team building in mind
The defense was generally solid in the first half and then when we fell apart in the 2nd half it all fell apart. A lot of it was bad turnovers by the offense and giving up a ridiculous amount of offensive rebounds. The base defense was ok. But even admitting the defense is a problem, you’re not fixing a defense that has Booker and Beal starting at guard. Not for the vet min, so good luck.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Yes, if they could only fix 2 things, it would be TOs and ORbs disparity. They averaged almost 10 more shot attempts per game in those 4 games. Even if they evened those up, the Wolves win, but add in a better offensive system where we use KD better and a better big man rotation, and you probably have a completely different series.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya and LeBron helps answer both the turnovers and Oreb issues…and yes I know he’s not coming but what else do we have to talk about haha

Split T

Post by Split T »

Maybe we need a pipe dream thread about LeBron and leave this one for realistic scenarios though haha

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Split T wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 2:13 pm
Maybe we need a pipe dream thread about LeBron and leave this one for realistic scenarios though haha
Isn't it all pipe dreams at this point? :lol:

Split T

Post by Split T »

Kryptonic wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 2:25 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 2:13 pm
Isn't it all pipe dreams at this point? :lol:
I mean we can discuss whether or not we can afford Kris Dunn or Delon Wright haha

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Listening to ishbia’s media conference now: “we’re in a great position now, we’ll be in a great position next year. Championship or bust, this wasn’t bust.”

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Ishbia: I feel like we’ve made a lot of amazing decisions.we would make those decisions again 100 times out of 100.
(He was talking about some of the stadium stuff etc as well but still).

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Gladiator wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 2:47 pm
Ishbia: I feel like we’ve made a lot of amazing decisions.we would make those decisions again 100 times out of 100.
(He was talking about some of the stadium stuff etc as well but still).
Ishbia: I don’t think it’s going to be easy but so I think we can win a championship? Yes. … I want to win a championship next year.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Ishbia: continuity, consistency works, playing together works. Going into next year with the same starting five, I feel good about that.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Ishbia seemed very annoyed today. Jones is much more measured.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

TOO wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 3:05 pm
Ishbia seemed very annoyed today. Jones is much more measured.
I only caught his second half of the presser and thought he seemed a bit amped up if anything - taking fast, big picture goals etc.
Jones now talking about continuity being key. Seems the key theme/talking point today.