2024 Suns Offseason: Where do we go from here?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: 2024 Suns Offseason: Where do we go from here?

Post by Split T »

It’s all just for fun anyways, I don’t think we are trading any of Book, KD, and Beal

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 5:29 am
LeBron is your pg…he can play defense when he needs to. The truth is though that with Beal and Book this teams perimeter defense is never going to be great. They need to go all in on offense. You can get a backup pg that can defend(Kris Dunn).
Ask Laker fans if lebron plays defense.

Did you know that you have to score more points than the other team to win? If we can't stop them at all on D, I don't see how we'll accomplish that because good defensive teams will always find a way to slow us down.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:57 am
1. Draft Ware or Messi at 22
2. Sign LeBron for the vet min
3. Sign Kris Dunn at the vet min
4. Trade Nurkic and 2031 1st for WCJ

Beal/Book/KD/LeBron/WCJ
Dunn/Allen/Little/Bol/Ware or Messi

All depends on getting LeBron at the minimum lol
I really like Ware, but I think he will go in the late lottery. Maybe even sooner. Some GM is going to pick him for the matchup with Wemby and Holmy alone.

I don't think Messi will want to give up his soccer career.

Otherwise it's a solid and realistic plan!
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

I just don’t share the same defensive concerns as you. We were 13th in defense this year. The defense wasn’t the problem against Minny…the offense sucked and when we started to slip we let go of the rope and let Minny go crazy.

LeBron plays defense in the playoffs. The Lakers held the nuggets to well below their regular season offensive efficiency. I can’t believe I’m having to argue why LeBron James at the vet min would be good for this team.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:46 am
I just don’t share the same defensive concerns as you. We were 13th in defense this year. The defense wasn’t the problem against Minny…the offense sucked and when we started to slip we let go of the rope and let Minny go crazy.

LeBron plays defense in the playoffs. The Lakers held the nuggets to well below their regular season offensive efficiency. I can’t believe I’m having to argue why LeBron James at the vet min would be good for this team.
Well said.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Agreed, not wanting lebron is just having a hate erection, plus we all cry we don’t have a leader on this team, Lebron would absolutely be that guy. Dont come at me about him not being a great leader either. Dude lead his team to come back down 3-1 against the 73 win warriors! And seeing how Frank coaches, that 2020 championship was all Bron. Lol

Split T

Post by Split T »

And for the record he doesn’t solve all of our problems…but let’s face it…we can’t build a title winner next year with our current core. It needs too much added to it and we don’t have any resources to add to it. Getting some sort of miracle like LeBron signing for peanuts is our only shot.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Speaking of the Lakers, I presented a Nurk trade to bunch of my laker fan friends and co-workers and they loved it and said they would do this trade in a heartbeat which tells me…this one of those “you a dumbass” ideas. So here it is lol

Lakers: Nurk

Suns: Gabe Vincent, Christian Wood and Jaxon Hayes.

Very high risk, high reward cuz both Vincent and Wood were fucking terrible. My thinking here you are hoping both Vincent and Wood just had bad years. If you get Miami’s Gabe Vincent, then this trade would be a win. He’s a good defender, decent shooter who is able to get hot and be a flamethrower. A playoff riser. He’d be replacing EG’s minutes. Vincent isn’t a pg but I trust him more than EG handling ball.

Wood was bad…really bad. I’m hoping he can be the rockets or even Mavs Christian Wood. Play 15-20 mins and be a spark off the bench offensively and be able to play the 4 or 5 in spurts for us.

This is probably a bad trade, kinda just want Nurk off the team lol

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Now that I had a couple days to process, I think most likely path is for Nurk to stay for now, rebuild his trade value and try to trade him at the deadline with the 2031 pick. That’s probably best path forward with him anyways lol

TOO

Post by TOO »

I'd rather have Nurk.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think I would do that trade…mostly to get off Nurk’s salary. He really was bad to finish the season and I now don’t think he’s playable in the playoffs. I mean I thought that before we traded for him, but his 1st half of the season had me thinking he would hold up. He didn’t.

Hayes and Wood would have to pick up their player options. I have very little interest in Wood, but I guess you gotta take shots like that with the options we have. Hayes would be an upgrade on Eubanks. I wouldn’t feel good starting him though.

Vincent was hurt most of the year it seems. Not sure his awful year was a true indicator of his play. He is signed for 2 more years though.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I'm all for using Nurks money to find a better wing/cheaper big, but this ain't it.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

You want to trade nurk for Capela, claxton, Richards? Okay. Not the lakers trash

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

Split T wrote:
LeBron is your pg…he can play defense when he needs to. The truth is though that with Beal and Book this teams perimeter defense is never going to be great. They need to go all in on offense. You can get a backup pg that can defend(Kris Dunn).
Is going all in on offense not just a recipe for disaster though? We tried that this year and we fell flat on our faces. Also all 4 of those guys are injury prone so what happens when they miss games for extended periods and we don't have the offensive firepower on the bench to step up?

I'm fine with adding LeBron but we need a more balanced roster that enables us to get stops when we need them.

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

Split T wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 9:54 am
I think I would do that trade…mostly to get off Nurk’s salary. He really was bad to finish the season and I now don’t think he’s playable in the playoffs. I mean I thought that before we traded for him, but his 1st half of the season had me thinking he would hold up. He didn’t.

Hayes and Wood would have to pick up their player options. I have very little interest in Wood, but I guess you gotta take shots like that with the options we have. Hayes would be an upgrade on Eubanks. I wouldn’t feel good starting him though.

Vincent was hurt most of the year it seems. Not sure his awful year was a true indicator of his play. He is signed for 2 more years though.
Was that all on Nurk though? He was pretty much having to battle Gobert, KAT and Reid singlehandedly under the rim. That's proven to be a tough ask for most big men this season with the way Minny have played.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

SunsSince92 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:49 am
Split T wrote:
Is going all in on offense not just a recipe for disaster though? We tried that this year and we fell flat on our faces. Also all 4 of those guys are injury prone so what happens when they miss games for extended periods and we don't have the offensive firepower on the bench to step up?

I'm fine with adding LeBron but we need a more balanced roster that enables us to get stops when we need them.
You can't have the mediocre 3 and lebron on the same team. You would have to get rid of book or KD to get some pieces willing to do the dirty work because this season showed those two are too cool to do that any more it's beneath them in their opinion

Split T

Post by Split T »

Here’s the thing, we have a lot of issues, I think most would agree. Let’s list them

1. We need a coach
2. We need an on-court leader
3. We need a pg
4. We need a better C rotation
5. We need size at the 4 next to KD
6. We need perimeter/wing defense

We’re not solving all those problems. LeBron does solve the pg, size at the 4, on-court leader, and wing defense problem(during the playoffs). He even gives us a small ball 5 look.

Yes we’d still be lacking on perimeter defense and center rotation would need help. But we’d literally solve like 4 of our problems with 1 minimum signing. I don’t know how anyone could be against that.

Split T

Post by Split T »

SunsSince92 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:53 am
Split T wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 9:54 am

Was that all on Nurk though? He was pretty much having to battle Gobert, KAT and Reid singlehandedly under the rim. That's proven to be a tough ask for most big men this season with the way Minny have played.
I’m thinking more offensively…they played up on our ball handlers and left Nurk pretty much uncovered and he couldn’t finish at the rim.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:46 am

So far this postseason, the Wolves have the most efficient offense in the league at 123.2 points per 100 possessions, according to NBA.com.

Okay. But I'm sorry, continue to explain why defense wasn't the problem. We got blown out in third quarters because they hit corner 3 after corner 3 and then ANT did whatever he wanted.

We're an awful transition D team, our pace blew offensively and we just could not get stops for the life of us when we needed to. Lebron helps with none of this.

This is Ryan McDonough thinking at its finest, aggregate parts with no team building in mind

Cap

Post by Cap »

People. LeBron is not signing with us for the min. Stop it.