2024 Playoffs: Around the League Round 2 (Conf Semis) News Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Re: 2024 Playoffs: Around the League Round 2 (Conf Semis) News Thread

Post by Wally_West »

Twolves perfect example why our biggest priority this offseason should be getting bigger. Yall can cry about a pg but we need to get bigger not smaller! Outside of conely, everyone on Twolves is tall, long and athletic.

If we keep 22, I don’t want to draft anyone who under 6’6”. If we trade it, then it better be for a big defensive wing or a tall guy who can shoot 3s or is a lob threat. Same with trading ‘31.

Trying to nab Bobby Portis with one of the 1st rounders would be fuckin great, he’d be the perfect 4 next to KD, he’d be a pretty great small ball 5 next to him too. Use the other pick to get a defensive wing. LFG.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 8:42 pm
Twolves perfect example why our biggest priority this offseason should be getting bigger. Yall can cry about a pg but we need to get bigger not smaller! Outside of conely, everyone on Twolves is tall, long and athletic.

If we keep 22, I don’t want to draft anyone who under 6’6”. If we trade it, then it better be for a big defensive wing or a tall guy who can shoot 3s or is a lob threat. Same with trading ‘31.

Trying to nab Bobby Portis with one of the 1st rounders would be fuckin great, he’d be the perfect 4 next to KD, he’d be a pretty great small ball 5 next to him too. Use the other pick to get a defensive wing. LFG.
How do you get your 3 best players to stop passing up open 3s for middies and contested 2s?

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

TOO wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 9:03 pm
Wally_West wrote:

How do you get your 3 best players to stop passing up open 3s for middies and contested 2s?
You tell em to stop it. 😤

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wolves are going nuts in Denver right now, as several of you have pointed out. It just occurred to me: this is going to cause the Suns to keep Vogel, isn't it? They'll say, we didn't underachieve, we just ran into a dominant Wolves team.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Stfu Espo you fat fuck!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 9:17 pm
Wolves are going nuts in Denver right now, as several of you have pointed out. It just occurred to me: this is going to cause the Suns to keep Vogel, isn't it? They'll say, we didn't underachieve, we just ran into a dominant Wolves team.
No!!! noooooooooo!!

TOO

Post by TOO »

I will not buy league pass if that turd comes back.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Wally_West wrote:

1000%

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Stop

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Forgetting the narrative nonsense, the Wolves look like world beaters. Dominated the champs tonight.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 9:20 pm
What an absolute doofus.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

TOO wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 8:39 pm
It also seems very obvious that Jamal Murray is hurt, he's food for Ant.
He may need to sit down for a game or two anyway after throwing a heat bag onto the court during live play. Dangerous and stupid act.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Gladiator wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 10:54 pm
TOO wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 8:39 pm
It also seems very obvious that Jamal Murray is hurt, he's food for Ant.
He may need to sit down for a game or two anyway after throwing a heat bag onto the court during live play. Dangerous and stupid act.
I was surprised they didn't review the play and look for the culprit.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

At least we didn't look as bad as the Nuggets do against this Wolves squad.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 9:17 pm
Anyone who watched any Suns games this year would know we weren't any good and the guys were checked out. This would be an excuse to bring Vogel back, just to go into next season with the same issues and fire him midway thru the year. They'd just be delaying the inevitable.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Yea I don’t get it…. Never seen a situation where a company fires all of the underlings and keep the guy who ran the show. Zero sense.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

What I find frustrating is that we talked about all the weaknesses that were exposed by the Wolves. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out how to fix those, without creating more weaknesses. I am not opposed to trading Nurk, but you have to get a better center for the team back in return. I also think that you need to draft a young player this year, and hopefully it's Edey.

The trade pieces are 22(although I don't think they should trade it), 2031 1st, Nurk, O'Neal, Beal(if he allows it). It's not much to work with, but it's possible that someone bites. I don't necessarily think that they need to trade all of them, but probably Nurk and the 2031(which should be pretty valuable if people are counting down the days of demise of the Suns).
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We also have Little as a trade piece, though his value is probably pretty low.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Oh, thanks. I forgot about that, but like you said his value is pretty low. Might be lower than a 2nd round pick at this point.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think the Little contract is destined to be bundled with a draft pick(s) to get a player in a trade.