Happy Eric Bledsoe Day!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Happy Eric Bledsoe Day!

Post by TOO »

Definitely need this shot in the arm.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Charlie Smithy!

Re: Happy Eric Bledsoe Day!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

And1, homie!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ha ha! About time! Save us, Eric.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

I may or may not audibly cheer from my living room when he steps on the court.. He'll probably be rusty offensively, but I expect his D to be ready to go.

Charlie Smithy!

Superbone wrote:Ha ha! About time! Save us, Eric.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I think the Suns' opponent tonight gives them all the hope they need.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

TOO

Post by TOO »

So what did we think? He was explosive, set his teammates up well, no turnovers. Looked good aside from jacking up 6 3's. He was also our only plus player last night, I can't wait til Green is back on the bench.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:So what did we think? He was explosive, set his teammates up well, no turnovers. Looked good aside from jacking up 6 3's. He was also our only plus player last night, I can't wait til Green is back on the bench.
It was great to see him out there. Plumlee loves it. That first alley-oop put a big smile on my face. (The rest of the game, not so much.) But Bled showed flashes why he makes us better. Looking forward to see how he finishes out the season.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't get why people think we will miss the playoffs now. Bledsoe is back and we will be a strong team down the stretch with him and Dragic together. I still think we will make it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Probably because the defense has turned to crap lately and they are 3-7 in their last 10 games and they looked even worse last night against a mediocre to bad team at home even though they had Bledsoe.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

In2ition wrote:Probably because the defense has turned to crap lately and they are 3-7 in their last 10 games and they looked even worse last night against a mediocre to bad team at home even though they had Bledsoe.
This.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:Probably because the defense has turned to crap lately and they are 3-7 in their last 10 games and they looked even worse last night against a mediocre to bad team at home even though they had Bledsoe.
Other than that, everything is right on track to make the playoffs. :lol:
"Be Legendary."

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

For a number of these guys, this season represents the most minutes ever they've played in their careers. And for much of the season, they've played it on the run. Some of these guys, like Frye, have tired legs. So they try to take shortcuts on D (and they didn't play great D to start with) and are getting burned.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Charlie Smithy!

LazarusLong wrote:For a number of these guys, this season represents the most minutes ever they've played in their careers. And for much of the season, they've played it on the run. Some of these guys, like Frye, have tired legs. So they try to take shortcuts on D (and they didn't play great D to start with) and are getting burned.
Wise words, I'd like to think that the returning players next season will get accustomed to the minutes - perhaps Horny will run more half-court sets next season as well.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Especially if (a very big if) they get a true spot-up shooter.

It's not the offense that is bogging down; they aren't guarding anybody. It takes them about a quarter and a half to figure out who is hot, and by that time the other team is on a roll and up by 15 or more. Not that they played great D beforehand, but at least they had the energy to shuffle their feet, wave their hands and yell at people -- it was more activity than achievement. Bledsoe will help, because he's a disrupter. But he may start dialing that back because of his injury proneness.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I think it has been a great season whether we make the playoffs or not. It would be nice to go to the playoffs only because this team deserves it, most of these guys are having careers years and have worked their asses off so I think it would be special for them to make it, especially after what the predictions were at the beginning of the season.
Last edited by Wally_West on Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Thoroughly agree. This team has been fun to watch. I thought 30 wins was a stretch goal. Props to Hornacek and McD for finding the right guys who could mesh, and devising a simple, but effective plan of attack.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

It's interesting how the two-man units of Bledsoe and Plumlee and Dragic and Frye have developed great chemistry, but Dragic-Plumlee and Bledsoe-Frye have never really clicked as duos.

Charlie Smithy!

Might as well ask since this is a Bledsoe thread, have any of y'all decided whether or not *you* personally would match him in the off-season? ...or are ya waiting the rest of the season out to see what he looks like post-surgery?

TOO

Post by TOO »

I guarantee I'm in the minority, but I like the Suns more w/Bledsoe running point than Dragic, so I'm keeping him unless he gets hurt again this year.