Phx-suns.net Radio: Episode 1, 3/16 @ 9 PM CDT - Playoffs?!?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Charlie Smithy!

Phx-suns.net Radio: Episode 1, 3/16 @ 9 PM CDT - Playoffs?!?

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Hey ya guys!

Being the narcissist that I am ( :mrgreen: ) , I wanted a dedicated thread for this week's episode (and hopefully subsequent ones as well!) - especially now that things are set in stone for me schedule-wise on Sunday night.

Anyway, do feel free to listen and/or call in (Phone or Skype) at this link: http://goo.gl/k38LCX

Enjoy!

Btw, Carey, TOO, if y'all don't call in, I will have like a major sad or something. :cry:

TOO

Re: Phx-suns.net Radio: Episode 1, 3/16 @ 9 PM CDT - Playoff

Post by TOO »

Sunday is generally GF day, I'll see what I can do :lol:
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Sunday is generally GF day, I'll see what I can do :lol:
Ten minute bathroom break. Just sayin'.
"Be Legendary."

cardoso31

Post by cardoso31 »

Same here Charles! Sunday is my In-Laws day.. [yeii!] :roll: But i'll try to make it. maye for the second half hour, hopefully you'll be available since everyone is jumping in! great!

You guys ready for some spanish basketball slang?

TOO

Post by TOO »

Si.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Big Jake Little Jake

Post by Big Jake Little Jake »

Is it only going to be available to listen to live, or are you going to release it as a podcast after the fact? I'd like to listen, but I doubt I can catch it live.

Charlie Smithy!

Big Jake Little Jake wrote:Is it only going to be available to listen to live, or are you going to release it as a podcast after the fact? I'd like to listen, but I doubt I can catch it live.
No worries! It'll be up to for streaming/download afterwards, whenever blogtalkradio gets around to archiving it. :)

I do also hope INF can make an appearance, if only to eye-roll me through the phone :mrgreen:

Charlie Smithy!

Whelp.

I just wanna thank you guys for your enthusiasm for this, but Imma gonna have to indefinitely postpone the .net radio show for now to due to the imminent death of a family member.

I can honestly commiserate and agree with you, Carey, that strokes really are a big bowl of dick. :(

So anyway, I'm hoping my head will be in a better place sooner rather than later.

Thank y'alls for the understanding n God bless.

carey

Post by carey »

So sorry to hear that Charlie. My prayers go with you and your family.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Sorry to hear that, Charles. Hang in there.
"Be Legendary."

Charlie Smithy!

Thanks, Carey, 'bone.

It sure has been a weird mix of emotions for me.

To make a long story (somewhat) short, I had less-than-ideal familial situation growing up, which was pretty much hereditary on both sides of the family tree. As such, I never had much to do with either side of the extended family, or vice-versa.

Things started to change a few months ago when my sister moved to Idaho (where my surviving grandparents live), and started cultivating a relationship of her own with the family there.

I had the opportunity a couple weeks ago to fly up there n see the family, but it was an early-morning flight, and it was obvious to me that my cerebral-palsied back was not up to the task that morning.

Knowing that I could reschedule the flight through Southwest (gotta love em), I opted for an evening flight out next week with a stay that would coincide with my birthday. In fact, I had talked to my grandma (victim of the strokes) on the phone about it and she seemed legit excited and more than understood why I wasn't there the first time (back issues of her own).

Anyway, told her I loved her n that was pretty much that; never figured it would be the last phone conversation (or otherwise) with her.

A few years ago she did tell me I was her favorite grandson, which considering the state of the family, not much to choose from, but still...I'm kinda hanging on to that memory in an effort not to beat myself up to a pulp (mentally).

TL;DR: Missed opportunities to have a relationship with extended family, namely a grandma. Make plans to fly out and make up for lost time, cancel, make said plans again for one's birthday, grandma dies before planned arrival.

Pfft...the human condition sure is a beotch sometimes.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Sorry to hear that. Hang in there.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Sorry for you loss man.

Charlie Smithy!

Thanks guys for all the kind words, I do feel a bit better today; y'all can feel free to send me the therapy bill for my last post any day now. :mrgreen:

Anyways, like I said, I will be looking to get .net radio off the ground n running as soon as all of this blows over.

Thanks again.