Game Day: Suns (40-29) @ Timberwolves (34-33) , Sun 3/23/14

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Re: Game Day: Suns (40-29) @ Timberwolves (34-33) , Sun 3/23

Post by Wally_West »

How disheartening are games like to the Timberwolves though? I mean, how many times has this already happened to them this season? Isn't this the second time we came back on them like this late in the game and won? I know there is such a small chance of Love actually coming here, but damn would he be perfect for this team. Hopefully he remembers these games and maybe it helps us get him in the end even though like I said, we probably won't get him.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I think it's pretty much official now - we aren't getting Minnesota's pick this year.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

carey

Post by carey »

Talk about playing small ball. 2 points from Plumlee, 1 point from Len. That big come back run was done with Marcus playing C for an extended stretch. Really.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

EDC

Post by EDC »

The Bobster wrote:I think it's pretty much official now - we aren't getting Minnesota's pick this year.

I dunno there is a pretty good chance we don't make the playoffs. Then there is a very small chance we get a top 3 pick. If that happens Minny will have the 14th which would go to us. :)

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

EDC wrote:
The Bobster wrote:I think it's pretty much official now - we aren't getting Minnesota's pick this year.

I dunno there is a pretty good chance we don't make the playoffs. Then there is a very small chance we get a top 3 pick. If that happens Minny will have the 14th which would go to us. :)
Plus our chances of landing Love have definitely improved - what a clusterfuck of wet noodles they've got up there.....

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:Talk about playing small ball. 2 points from Plumlee, 1 point from Len. That big come back run was done with Marcus playing C for an extended stretch. Really.
And Tucker was guarding Love for a long stretch. Talk about a mismatch. But the dude hung in there and gave it his all.
"Be Legendary."

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

EDC wrote:

True, but the Timberwolves would have to catch the Suns otherwise - and the Suns odds of getting 1-3 is probably around 1.5%.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Superbone wrote:
carey wrote:Talk about playing small ball. 2 points from Plumlee, 1 point from Len. That big come back run was done with Marcus playing C for an extended stretch. Really.
And Tucker was guarding Love for a long stretch. Talk about a mismatch. But the dude hung in there and gave it his all.
Honestly that's not much of a mismatch. Tucker is strong and physical, and Love is not adept at punishing guys in the low post. I'm not surprised that Tucker could hold his own.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Wally_West wrote:How disheartening are games like to the Timberwolves though?
It's incredible really. The team chokes more times than not. Can't see anything changing there anytime soon.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Tremendous comeback. I thought it was over after surrendering 70+ points in the first half.

Another great night from the Morris Twins, but most prominently Markieff. All-around great game from him.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That was the kind of game you WIN if you really want to go to the playoffs. Yes SIR, Morris Brothers!!