Suns Trade Tolliver

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: Suns Trade Tolliver

Post by TOO »

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I hope we can muster a Plumlee + Len + Markieff + Shavlik trade for Canaan + Johnson + 2 future first round PGs

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Shabazz wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Shabazz wrote:See, Nodack. Blockbuster trades do happen mid-season.
You got me there. Definitely a trade. Blockbuster? I wouldn't go that far.
I think you're taking me a little too seriously.
Sorry, I have been out of the loop.

I almost forgot about Toliver. He never got his groove on did he.? Slow, couldn't defend and his main weapon, the 3 pointer never got on track. Channing Frye he wasn't.

The win streak coincided with a few things. Going on the road, Toliver not playing, Len starting and the start of small ball.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

The more I look at this thing, the more convinced I am that we are not, as it were, in the market to make a big trade. No such trade possibility exists that makes any sense for us. The only trades that would seem to make sense are those that would add a backup rotation big on the cheap.

I suppose a lot hinges on our ability to re-sign Goran this summer.

BTW - I was watching the Cavs the other night, and man could they team use Gerald Green in place of Waiters. I rarely think trading a draft pick for a player on an expiring deal is worth it, but for that team, it may be. Or they could send Waiters to a third team, if there exists a team out there that still thinks Waiters possesses a reserve of untapped potential. To me, he just seems like Shabazz Muhammad without the drive, size, or skills.

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

Any chance Miami makes Bosh available? Theyre below 500 in the East and Im not sure what theyre plan is.

Id gladly send Bledsoe, Green and Len their way.

Thoughts?

EDC

Post by EDC »

Your obsession with giving Len away is amusing.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

da_suns_fan wrote:Any chance Miami makes Bosh available? Theyre below 500 in the East and Im not sure what theyre plan is.

Thoughts?
All I can think about is that he makes $27M in 2018-19.

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
da_suns_fan wrote:Any chance Miami makes Bosh available? Theyre below 500 in the East and Im not sure what theyre plan is.

Thoughts?
Thats a lot of bread but might not mean as much after new tv deal.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Bosh is an expensive short-term option who would cause either Kieff or Len (probably Len) to go back to the bench. I'd prefer to see neither of them demoted.

Probably the biggest reasons I don't see a trade for us: no young star 2 is on the market, and as far as bigs go, we'd be better served by a rotation 4/5 to gobble up 26 minutes per game rather than a player who would take a starting slot.

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

Bosh is shootin 38% from three. Could really spread out the floor. I think he and Kieff could start together and be a very good front court.

Of course he is already 30 but he keeps in great shape and is long and lean. Probably not as succeptible to injuries as thicker players.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

da_suns_fan wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:

Thoughts?
Thats a lot of bread but might not mean as much after new tv deal.
:shock: I don't care what the new deal is. It's way more than we should be paying for an aging Bosh and I'm not giving up our future in Len to do it.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Yeah definitely not interested in moving Len unless we are getting a superstar 4 or 5 in return. Bosh is nice, but he doesn't offer enough to warrant trading Len.

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

:roll:

Every team in the league thinks theyre sitting on some future superstar with some young guy. For the Suns its Len. For the Lakers its Randle. For the Jazz its favors etc etc.

Alex Len is exactly "average" in every statistical category for centers except fouling (he fouls out in half a game).

http://www.boxscoregeeks.com/players/1424-alex-len

Maybe he'll make some quantum leap and be able to develop good hand eye coordination or be able to catch passes but Ive never seen that happen before so its at least very unlikely to happen now.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

da_suns_fan wrote::roll:

Every team in the league thinks theyre sitting on some future superstar with some young guy. For the Suns its Len. For the Lakers its Randle. For the Jazz its favors etc etc.

Alex Len is exactly "average" in every statistical category for centers except fouling (he fouls out in half a game).

Maybe he'll make some quantum leap and be able to develop good hand eye coordination or be able to catch passes but Ive never seen that happen before so its at least very unlikely to happen now.
Do you watch the games, homeboy?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

OE32 wrote:

Just what I was thinking minus the 'homeboy'. ;)

"Be Legendary."

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

OE32 wrote:

Yes. What game has Alex Len looked like anything but an average center?

He cant take his man off the dribble. He cant post up. He doesnt have the strength or explosiveness to be dominant inside. His rebounding is fine...but just average. Hes got a decent shooting stroke but cant hit anything outside of 10 feet. Even if that develops hes not quick enough to be a real inside/outside threat. Hes miles away from being a good defender (as I said earlier he fouls at an absurd rate) and he's been absolutely destroyed by every solid big he's gone up against (dont make me bring up that Memphis game).

So yeah..I watch ALL of the games. Even if you want to throw out all the stats and go with "potential" I dont see a lot there to get excited about.

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

54 Bigs who have more "wins produced" than Alex Len. Name me another who wasnt in the top 50 at his position then went on to be a "marquee player".
Davis, Anthony
Chandler, Tyson
Jordan, DeAndre
Duncan, Tim
Patterson, Patrick
Randolph, Zach
Gasol, Pau
Love, Kevin
Allen, Lavoy
Thompson, Tristan
Favors, Derrick
Millsap, Paul
Gobert, Rudy
Dieng, Gorgui
Davis, Ed
Green, Draymond
Valanciunas, Jonas
Aldridge, LaMarcus
Drummond, Andre
Stoudemire, Amare
Asik, Omer
Johnson, Amir
Gibson, Taj
Bogut, Andrew
Zeller, Tyler
Gasol, Marc
Ibaka, Serge
Monroe, Greg
Faried, Kenneth
Gortat, Marcin
Cousins, DeMarcus
Griffin, Blake
Scola, Luis
Vucevic, Nikola
Mozgov, Timofey
Sullinger, Jared
Noah, Joakim
Howard, Dwight
Williams, Shawne
Adams, Steven
Biyombo, Bismack
Lopez, Robin
Black, Tarik
Morris, Markieff
Plumlee, Mason
Garnett, Kevin
Zeller, Cody
Horford, Al
Evans, Reggie
Varejao, Anderson
Diaw, Boris
Nowitzki, Dirk
Sims, Henry
Plumlee, Miles

OE32

Post by OE32 »

I thought Alex outplayed Gortat pretty handily the other night.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Slow down on trading Len away. He is still developing and he's developing very nicely at this point. He will continue to make big strides, the rest of this season and into the next few. Big guys take longer to develop, but I personally like the way he is going. We were spoiled with how well Stat could catch everything thrown his direction. Len's jumper is going to be continue to improve, his base and strength are going to improve, his post defense and his decision making in the post are going to improve. His rim protection has been better than I anticipated, and that alone makes him valuable as a center in today's NBA.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

dsf, do you understand that this is effectively Len's rookie year and that big men take a while to develop? Those "wins produced" stats are meaningless in this case.

"Be Legendary."