Suns Trade Tolliver

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: Suns Trade Tolliver

Post by ShelC »

Would you rather have Robin Lopez now or Alex Len? Lopez is a serviceable center next to a legit PF, as he was next to Amar'e. I think Len has more potential for sure. You don't trade him, not at this point.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

SDC I'm all for trading Bledsoe for Love if he is not a rental, but leaving aside value, as constructed I wouldn't do it if I were the Cavs. Irving, Waiters, Bledsoe? That's even more of a logjman than what we currently have. If they were open to sending Irving and Waiters elsewhere, maybe. A third team would probably be needed to build something that makes sense on the court for Cleveland and Phoenix that is also fair value wise.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

With the way Kieff's playing and the emergence of Marcus, I'm not sure we need Love. Better rebounding, sure, but Kieff is playing great D, and they're both playing within the team structure.

It's easy to say things like this when you're riding a 5 game winning streak, but I just don't think Love is the answer for us.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I would absolutely take Kevin Love. He's much better than he's showing so far in Cleveland, and even so, his numbers are still pretty good. 17 and 10+. We'd make it work.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

How about Melo? He makes a ton like Bosh but is better, right? He is in his prime and could finally become available since he already has his money. Maybe he is the next superstar to demand a trade. NY and Phoenix could make a really good trading partner, but who knows what Melo really wants. And how much he is worth, of course. A franchise decimated itself for him before and it hasn't exactly worked out.

Or maybe he just isn't worth it and it's betting sitting on the Lakers' pick and our own stuff.

carey

Post by carey »

Ring_Wanted wrote:How about Melo? He makes a ton like Bosh but is better, right? He is in his prime and could finally become available since he already has his money. Maybe he is the next superstar to demand a trade. NY and Phoenix could make a really good trading partner, but who knows what Melo really wants. And how much he is worth, of course. A franchise decimated itself for him before and it hasn't exactly worked out.

Or maybe he just isn't worth it and it's betting sitting on the Lakers' pick and our own stuff.
I could see a way where he works here, but he has a no-trade clause and there is no way he waives it to come to Phoenix. His wife is entrenched in NY. I just don't see it.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Ring_Wanted wrote:SDC I'm all for trading Bledsoe for Love if he is not a rental, but leaving aside value, as constructed I wouldn't do it if I were the Cavs. Irving, Waiters, Bledsoe? That's even more of a logjman than what we currently have. If they were open to sending Irving and Waiters elsewhere, maybe. A third team would probably be needed to build something that makes sense on the court for Cleveland and Phoenix that is also fair value wise.
Hmm.

Phoenix: Love, Waiters
Cleveland: Bledsoe, Green, Markieff, Marcus, Lakers 1st, Minnesota 1st.

Leaving us with...

IT/Ennis
Dragic/Waiters/Zoran
Tucker/Warren
Love/?
Len/Plumlee

Dragic gets ball in his hands to rejuvenate himself, and we're super thin at PF again but the pick and roll offense is back.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

OE32

Post by OE32 »

carey wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:SDC I'm all for trading Bledsoe for Love if he is not a rental, but leaving aside value, as constructed I wouldn't do it if I were the Cavs. Irving, Waiters, Bledsoe? That's even more of a logjman than what we currently have. If they were open to sending Irving and Waiters elsewhere, maybe. A third team would probably be needed to build something that makes sense on the court for Cleveland and Phoenix that is also fair value wise.
Hmm.

Phoenix: Love, Waiters
Cleveland: Bledsoe, Green, Markieff, Marcus, Lakers 1st, Minnesota 1st.

Leaving us with...

IT/Ennis
Dragic/Waiters/Zoran
Tucker/Warren
Love/?
Len/Plumlee

Dragic gets ball in his hands to rejuvenate himself, and we're super thin at PF again but the pick and roll offense is back.
This would be a disaster. I'll keep the MoBros and Bledsoe and the lotto pick, thanks. If Waiters were a player, I'd think about it, but still say no. This is just gutting our team. We would obviously not make the playoffs with that - and then we'd also be down the Lakers pick. As a bonus, we'd be older and more expensive, with our cornerstones about to be free agents.

So, yeah. This is terrible. I want to see the rookies play too, but not that badly.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

No way the Cavs are giving up Love. Not happening unless he demands a trade, and even then, they probably wouldn't move him.

Again, Melo and Bledsoe would probably be a pretty dynamic duo. It wouldn't be pretty basketball or smart basketball, but depending on who you have around them, they'd fit well together. I'm not saying I'd want to see it at all, and Melo wouldn't sign off on a trade to Phoenix because it's simply not glamorous enough for him or his wife.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

No to Melo. Talk about not getting other players involved or the ball. He'd be chucking fadeaways and shooting 26 times a game. Hornacek would have an aneurism, Alex Len would stand open under the hoop with his arms up, Dragic would be slurring Slovenian profanities under his breath, bored on the perimeter without the ball (or Bledsoe, though not in Slovenian) and Melo would be ignoring everyone, chucking away and burying another franchise in his wake.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Yeah, uh...no. And no trades that involving trading our entire team for Kevin Love. Can we at least be realistic?

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Warren's performance last night continues to worry me. I think about it, and wonder, wouldn't he be the ROY if he were playing for a team like Philly? Doesn't he know that? Doesn't that bother him? It would bother me.

Don't want a Kevin Love/DeMarcus Cousins situation... this is really bumming me out.....

SDC

Post by SDC »

Ring_Wanted wrote:SDC I'm all for trading Bledsoe for Love if he is not a rental,
even if love is a rental...

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

OE32 wrote:Warren's performance last night continues to worry me.
Maybe it's time to pump the brakes on anointing guys after the slightest display of ability? Warren was the best player of the draft after an impressive summer league, Bledose was an undisputed superstar and best player on the team after an impressive preseason, and now Tyler Ennis is our most desirable point guard after some assists and layups in garbage time.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

ShelC wrote:Would you rather have Robin Lopez now or Alex Len? Lopez is a serviceable center next to a legit PF, as he was next to Amar'e. I think Len has more potential for sure. You don't trade him, not at this point.
I agree about Len's potential; he definitely has a higher ceiling than RoLo. I don't know if I would take a no-trade stance, but it would definitely have to be a substantial deal to warrant moving him. And imitation stars like Bosh and Horford don't qualify.

Love would be perfect with Dragic and Bledsoe, but you still have to hesitate when discussing including Len because the defensive implications of such a move would be significant.

And Cleveland would have no desire to pair Irving and Bledsoe; Ryan McDonough is not the GM of Cleveland.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

INFORMER wrote:
OE32 wrote:Warren's performance last night continues to worry me.
Maybe it's time to pump the brakes on anointing guys after the slightest display of ability? Warren was the best player of the draft after an impressive summer league, Bledose was an undisputed superstar and best player on the team after an impressive preseason, and now Tyler Ennis is our most desirable point guard after some assists and layups in garbage time.
Statements can be premises as well as conclusions, to be proven or disproven. I try to report my impressions in real time; hey, we all have a style. I've gotten down on Alex too, but it's turned out my original enthusiasm was not misplaced.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

carey

Post by carey »

OE32 wrote: So, yeah. This is terrible. I want to see the rookies play too, but not that badly.
Maybe it would, I don't see losing Bledsoe as that big of a loss though it probably would hurt. I was just thinking what a realistic trade would look like and I think that's it.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Hmm, we don't know if PG will ever be the same. That injury was pretty bad. Not sure it's wise to divulge 3 major assets for an injured player whose future we are uncertain about.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

OE32

Post by OE32 »

carey wrote:
Hmm, we don't know if PG will ever be the same. That injury was pretty bad. Not sure it's wise to divulge 3 major assets for an injured player whose future we are uncertain about.
PG is a big name, right age, and right position. Really, the only guy I can think of who fits the description McD gave us. And I would do that trade if I were the Pacers.