2015 Suns Salary Cap (update 7/8/15)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

2015 Suns Salary Cap (update 7/8/15)

Post by carey »

2015 Phoenix Suns Salaries.
Bledsoe $13.5 Million
Chandler $13 Million
Knight's Cap Hold $8.9 Million
Markieff $8 Million
Tucker $5.5 Million
Len $3.81 Million
TJ Warren $2 Million
Booker $1.71 Million
Goodwin $1.16 Million
Leur $1.03 Million
McNeal $.85 Million (Team option currently undecided.)
Minimum Contract Cap Hold $525K
Michael Beasley Stretch Provision $778K

Gerald Green's Cap Hold $6.65 Million

Projected Cap: $69 Million

Important numbers.
Remaining cap space w/ Green's Cap Hold released after signing Chandler & before signing Knight: $8 Million (This number could be a little high depending on what the cap number actually winds up being. The number also decreases by $325K if we keep McNeal.)
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Re: 2015 Suns Salary Cap (update 2/19)

Post by Mori Chu »

We need at least one of TJ, Bullock, or Goodwin to workout in the worst way.
I know he's young, but I am basically about ready to give up on Goodwin. He wants to be an SG, but he can't shoot. That is literally the most important thing he should be working to improve. Reminds me of DJ Strawberry and Alando Tucker back in the day; talented guards who didn't improve their games enough to make it in the NBA.

I don't know what to make of Bullock, mostly because he's so new. Maybe has a higher 3-and-D potential.

TJ, well, I have liked the instant offense he's brought on a few occasions. But he still has a long way to go. Wouldn't mind giving him some backup SF minutes rather than Marcus Morris from time to time.

If I had to bet my life on one of the three becoming an NBA rotation player, I'd probably choose Bullock just because he might conceivably become a 3-and-D guy, and those guys are valuable.

carey

Post by carey »

The way things are set up now it's possible we can sign a max guy and then with Knight's cap hold go over the cap to sign Knight.

If we turned this fiasco into Bledsoe-Knight-Harris-Kieff-Len would everyone still be as pissed? Bench of Goodwin-Bullock-TJ-Marcus-Wright-Suns.2015.1st?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Yep, dont want Harris at what he'll cost. Butler or bust for me. Get Butler and a PF who can rebound and we're off running.

carey

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Yep, dont want Harris at what he'll cost. Butler or bust for me. Get Butler and a PF who can rebound and we're off running.
Well, you don't want to re-sign Knight then. I guess we can try & trade him this summer but I'm afraid we'll find the market just as thin for him as it was for Bledsoe last Summer. There's some advance stats for Knight that aren't so pretty. I want to see what our team looks like on Friday.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I've seen that post on realGM (from a Milwaukee fan) too Carey. Everybody shot way worse with Knight on the court, and his own % off the dribble is horrible. Wait and see mode, but this could backfire badly too.

carey

Post by carey »

Ring_Wanted wrote:I've seen that post on realGM (from a Milwaukee fan) too Carey. Everybody shot way worse with Knight on the court, and his own % off the dribble is horrible. Wait and see mode, but this could backfire badly too.
Yeah, plus Bledsoe's RPM and WAR are both way higher than Knight's. If we wind up giving this cat more than $10M/yr I'm going to be unhappy. Again, this is all speculation as we need to actually see him play for the Suns first. :mrgreen:
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I hope that Bledsoe and Knight have some familiarity with each other since they're both Kentucky guys. I know they didn't play together in college, but I imagine they've had some time together behind closed doors. I'll be interested to hear what both have to say about playing together.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Good work Carey. Good thread. appreciate it.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

carey

Re: 2015 Suns Salary Cap (update 6/27/15)

Post by carey »

Updated 6/27/15 with new salary cap numbers & projections after the '15 NBA Draft & Draft Day trades.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

10/10 carey, thanks for the update.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

At least we won't have Marcus Thornton next year. In fact, I hereby decree that no player named Marcus should be on the Suns next season, or ever again.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

A certain fellow named LaMarcus, is therefore discarted by this rule?

What if he was on his way to Phoenix and cancels because of your post????? :lol:

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

I'm intrigued by Harris. There's an interesting graphic going around (in the link below) talking up his value. The main knock, in my mind, is he can't seem to play a whole season.

http://orlandomagicdaily.com/2015/06/19 ... ncy-pitch/

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Coro article about Suns' free agency plans:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /29410783/

Trying for Love and Aldridge (won't happen, but still):
"You win big in this league with elite players. We had some success over the past couple years, not as much as we'd like this past year, but we're going to be aggressive. There's a great history and tradition here. You saw how a player like Steve Nash transforms an organization when he arrives. We'd be doing a disservice to ourselves and our fans if we didn't go after the top guys," McDonough said.
Also it looks like Knight will be back, come what may
"He's a guy who made a good impression on us," McDonough said of Knight. "He didn't play as much as we'd like because of the injury but, at 23 years old, it's amazing how young he is given he's been in the league four years and was a borderline All-Star last year for Milwaukee. He's certainly one of our top priorities, if not the top priority. We want a quick process with all of our guys, him included. We've got good vibes from him about his time in Phoenix. I imagine he will be one of the first guys we call, if not the first."

carey

Post by carey »

I wish I had a $1 for every time McDonough trotted out the "borderline All-Star in the East" thing for Knight. He's a great kid, I would probably prefer him over Bledsoe at this point (I go back & forth.) It's just silly to keep trotting that out as an accomplishment. It isn't.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Gladiator wrote:I'm intrigued by Harris. There's an interesting graphic going around (in the link below) talking up his value. The main knock, in my mind, is he can't seem to play a whole season.

The other knock should be that he plays SF and we have umpteen SFs. Though if you wanted to trade the rest away and roll with Harris that would be fine. Just adding him now is superfluous.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

carey wrote:
Gladiator wrote:I'm intrigued by Harris. There's an interesting graphic going around (in the link below) talking up his value. The main knock, in my mind, is he can't seem to play a whole season.

The other knock should be that he plays SF and we have umpteen SFs. Though if you wanted to trade the rest away and roll with Harris that would be fine. Just adding him now is superfluous.
I don't think we're signing him, or even looking at him to be honest, so I meant in more general terms. But if the Suns signed him, we'd have to off-load our glut of SFs for sure.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

carey wrote:I wish I had a $1 for every time McDonough trotted out the "borderline All-Star in the East" thing for Knight.
That is getting really tired, isn't it? He's nowhere near an All-Star in the West, that's for sure.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Borderline All-Star in the East. Yeah, and I borderline lost my virginity on prom night.