Suns News: Week 19 3/2-3/8

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Suns News: Week 19 3/2-3/8

Post by carey »

NT
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Re: Suns News: Week 19 3/2-3/8

Post by ShelC »

I know this will sit well with all of the Bledsoe lovers out there

http://www.tmz.com/2015/03/01/nba-star- ... nd-grillz/

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think we could certainly go 3/4 this week with the only loss being at Cleveland. Of course, you never know with this team. They could stun the Cavs or they could lose all 4 games.

Somebody (INF? I forget) said I'm in denial when I stated that the Suns are in a playoff race. I don't think it's denial; it's just the truth. I'm not saying we SHOULD try to make the playoffs, nor that we deserve to make it. But that's clearly the team's mindset.

It's always a bummer when our big huge goal for the season is to just barely make the playoffs, where even if we did, we'd surely get crushed by Golden State or whoever is the #1 seed that year. Malaise, thy name is Phoenix Suns.

carey

Post by carey »

ShelC wrote:I know this will sit well with all of the Bledsoe lovers out there

So stupid.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Cap

Post by Cap »

carey wrote:

So stupid.
He's just really determined to be unlikable, isn't he?

TOO

Post by TOO »

Cap wrote:
carey wrote:

So stupid.
He's from down south, its not like this is an uncommon fashion thing there. So, who cares? If it were a necklace or a designer shirt, nobody would say anything. Stop being grumpy old dudes lol.

Cap

Post by Cap »

I've been a Suns fan for decades. Of course I'm a grumpy old dude.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Cap wrote:I've been a Suns fan for decades. Of course I'm a grumpy old dude.
:lol: Fair enough.

carey

Post by carey »

Sarver on KTAR right now. 2:04 pm AZ time.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Cap wrote:
carey wrote:

So stupid.
He's from down south, its not like this is an uncommon fashion thing there. So, who cares? If it were a necklace or a designer shirt, nobody would say anything. Stop being grumpy old dudes lol.
Yeah, I am with you too, TOO. I don't get it, but who cares if he dropped money on some jewelry?

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:Yeah, I am with you too, TOO. I don't get it, but who cares if he dropped money on some jewelry?
I don't. I just think it's stupid to put jewelry in your mouth. Then again I'm sure many of you would see my sleeves and say I'm stupid. I'm fine with that.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

I'm not sure how to link to a specific comment over at BSotS but this guy nails how I feel about the team right now better than I could.
i'm tired.
i just want this season to be fucking over. i’m having a hard time remembering a season in which so many shitty things have happened to collectively suck the joy out of a fanbase. so far this season, we’ve had to deal with the following:

-the apocalyptic plague of buzzer-beaters
-the trips and their chemistry issues
-the plague of technical fouls, several of which (it could be argued) helped us lose close games
-our most popular player publicly trashing the organization and forcing his way out of town
-the lowest-scoring first half in the history of suns basketball
-a key player on the team publicly trashing the fanbase immediately after the game alluded to above

everything cool that’s happened this season (like an emotional win over OKC) has been immediately followed up by something shitty happening.

with regards to kieff’s comments after the SA game, i’ll weigh in with the following thought:

in addition to whichever fans happen to be in the arena on a given night, there is a diasporic community of suns fans that gathers every night in front of whatever screen they have available to cheer for your sorry ass. there are suns fans on the other side of the world, huddled in front of computers with shitty internet feeds, rooting for you as you collect a paltry four rebounds and play crap defense. also, let’s not forget about the suns fans here in phoenix who don’t come to the arena because they a) can’t afford to, or b) have work/family responsibilities that prevent them from coming to the game. those fans watch on tv, follow on the sports page, and post on sites like this.

my point: if you play on the suns, you represent an entire community of fans, only a TINY fraction of which show up at the arena on a given night. you have a responsibility to this community to play hard, do your best, and try to win games.

you know what i WISH kieff would have said after the game? something like this:

"i have a message to every single suns fan who paid to attend this game or gave up three hours of his life to watch it on tv: We’re sorry. We played like absolute garbage tonight. You deserve better. This is a proud organization with a great community of fans. We’re gonna get our act together and try to give you something to be proud of for the rest of this season and beyond."

i generally like the morrii, but their total lack of accountability has really started to piss me off. any time they play poorly or screw up in some way, they immediately point the finger elsewhere. it’s tiresome, and it’s the antithesis of leadership.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

OE32

Post by OE32 »

That was well said. Powerful criticism.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

carey wrote:I'm not sure how to link to a specific comment over at BSotS but this guy nails how I feel about the team right now better than I could.
i'm tired.
i just want this season to be fucking over. i’m having a hard time remembering a season in which so many shitty things have happened to collectively suck the joy out of a fanbase.
This season hasn't been great for fans by any stretch, but it's light years ahead of the '12-13 abomination.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Shabazz wrote:
carey wrote:I'm not sure how to link to a specific comment over at BSotS but this guy nails how I feel about the team right now better than I could.
i'm tired.
i just want this season to be fucking over. i’m having a hard time remembering a season in which so many shitty things have happened to collectively suck the joy out of a fanbase.
This season hasn't been great for fans by any stretch, but it's light years ahead of the '12-13 abomination.
This.

At least we have the chance to see Len/Warren/Archie play now.

EDC

Post by EDC »

It is pretty amazing how far the Morrii have come since the off season. I remember being pretty excited that they were at the summer league games to support the young guys. That and the carryover from last season left me with a very positive view of them off the court.

Ever since they signed their contract it seems like they have worked hard at being unlikeable.

Kieff could be a really great player if he worked on his game some more but I'm not sure if he will ever really try on the defensive end. Like Amare I think that his mold has been cast and it won't be changing.

Marcus started the year focusing on defense but has somehow morphed that into taking as many iso shots as he can and only passing to his brother.

I don't think we will make the playoffs but if we keep it close it will mean the young guys won't really get much time. Kinda hoping we continue to fall off so we can increase the minutes of some of these guys and see what they can do.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That BSotS post is good stuff, carey. I don't feel quite as negatively as its author, but he speaks a lot of truth. The lack of leadership is the biggest issue.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

This season went downhill fast. It's only going to get uglier with our tough close out schedule. McDonough and company have their work cut out for them this offseason. Our future has dimmed as the season has worn on. To borrow a line from Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, "You're going the wrong direction!" and "How do they know what direction we're going?"

Exactly.

#WrongHorse
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Hornacek said on the radio that today is the first practice they have been able to have with the new guys since the trade deadline with off days and travel days & stuff. That is kind of crazy.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Serious question. If I wanted to send a letter to the front office how would I do that? Who would I address it to & where would I send it? I'm going to assume that a mailed letter has a better chance of being read than an email.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!