Game Day: Thunder (55-20) @ Suns (45-31) , Sun 4/6/14

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: Game Day: Thunder (55-20) @ Suns (45-31) , Sun 4/6/14

Post by Shabazz »

Should the Suns not make the playoffs or lose in the first round, the team I would least mind winning it all is the Spurs. Crazy how things have changed.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:Should the Suns not make the playoffs or lose in the first round, the team I would least mind winning it all is the Spurs. Crazy how things have changed.
The way the Spurs classily handled our sweep of them in 2010 went a long way in the healing process.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Shabazz wrote:Should the Suns not make the playoffs or lose in the first round, the team I would least mind winning it all is the Spurs. Crazy how things have changed.
I might be in a very, very small minority, but the Spurs have always been my 2nd favorite team in the league. They're also the team I hate losing to most, go figure. When the Suns aren't in contention, I root for the Spurs to go all the way.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Superbone wrote:
The way the Spurs classily handled our sweep of them in 2010 went a long way in the healing process.
Their fans can still be complete pricks, but the team inself has been much easier to stomach since Bowen and Horry's retirements. Really, I could care less about Ginobli or TP, but Tim Duncan is the man, always such a class act.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Phoenix219 wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Their fans can still be complete pricks, but the team inself has been much easier to stomach since Bowen and Horry's retirements. Really, I could care less about Ginobli or TP, but Tim Duncan is the man, always such a class act.
Absolutely, Tim Duncan is very difficult to hate, even when he's demolishing you.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Mori Chu wrote:Their overall NBA board is here:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

It's mostly just a cesspool full of trolls talking trash about each other's favorite teams. Culburn is there and he isn't even the worst of 'em. I think the thread in question in this case is here. I think it's a little underwhelming so don't get your hopes up too high, haha.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthr ... ost7230650
After taking a quick look at that thread, I expect some serious apologies from those here who have slurred me with mass unfounded accusations of racism and homophobia.....

SDC

Post by SDC »

Superbone wrote:
"winning heals all wounds." - Mychal Thompson

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Xylus wrote:The overall perception of the Suns on Spurstalk is mostly positive. They tend to root for us against any other Western Conference playoff team, probably because they don't see us as a major threat yet. Once the Suns start winning playoff games, they'll change their tune and start hating us like they did in the Nash-Amare years.
They still think that they drafted Dragic, as though they actually identified his talent first. :roll:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I agree with the others: the Spurs are an easy team to root for these days. They are classy and talented, they play the right way. I want to see them win this year's title. Anybody but Lebron. And I can't root for OKC despite loving Durant, because they're the former Sonics and because I hate Westbrook.

carey

Post by carey »

Mori Chu wrote: They still think that they drafted Dragic, as though they actually identified his talent first. :roll:

What? There is video evidence of Kerr making the phone call telling the Spurs who to pick....it was in the draft day coverage that year.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

It was the Pistons who allegedly wanted Dragic, so we had to trade up. Now it's a genius move, but at the time, two second rounders and 500k was quite a hefty price to pay for the #45 pick.

By the way, are they still bitching about Scola to Houston?

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:
Mori Chu wrote: They still think that they drafted Dragic, as though they actually identified his talent first. :roll:

What? There is video evidence of Kerr making the phone call telling the Spurs who to pick....it was in the draft day coverage that year.
Doesn't matter - the narrative has already been engraved. I've heard ESPN crews repeat the assertion that San Antonio "originally drafted" Dragic to further discussion on their talent evaluation over the years. :roll:

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

SwingMan wrote:
carey wrote:

Doesn't matter - the narrative has already been engraved. I've heard ESPN crews repeat the assertion that San Antonio "originally drafted" Dragic to further discussion on their talent evaluation over the years. :roll:
Ya. It's a frustrating mistake that's very common in the media - crediting the team that drafted the player, not the team on whose behalf they were drafted.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:

Explain that to nearly every other broadcasting team in the NBA. Please!

It drives me crazy every time I hear it.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If they say that about Dragic, do we get credit for the drafting of Iguodala, Rajon Rondo, Rudy Fernandez, Sergio Rodriguez, Joakim Noah, ...?