Game Day: Thunder (55-20) @ Suns (45-31) , Sun 4/6/14

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SDC

Re: Game Day: Thunder (55-20) @ Suns (45-31) , Sun 4/6/14

Post by SDC »

the suns win the OKC series 2-1. suns also own portland 3-1 in the regular season.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Possibly the biggest win of our season. We now have a slight advantage over Memphis, which means we have have have have have to beat them next week.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Just got back from the game, 14th row, near midcourt. Playoff intensity in the second half. A few observations:
* Tucker is not the best basketball player on the team, but he absolutely works his ass off and rarely lets up. If his man scores, it's because the guy has earned it.
* Bledsoe had success and failure in the same game. He blew a number of easy plays after steal, trying to get cute on lobs and passes. He missed four FTs in a row. He sometimes was a bit lost on D. He also is crazy quick enough to compensate for his shortcomings. And he made plays down the stretch when they needed him to do so.
* Suns fans love Gerald Green, especially when he is on a tear. And he loves the Suns fans right back, slapping hands and urging the crowd on.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Thats awesome, Laz. And yeah, consider me on the Gerald Green fan club - when he is on a streak, our chances of winning go through the ROOF.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeffreyLee wrote:realgm.com with 4 pages on this game, with more posts per page. We have 7 posts in a playoff battle. I know were new and thier a national site, but man... we need to recruit.
I usually don't watch the games until later. Great game. I was afraid we were going to pull another lead-all-game-and-lose-at-the-end but the boys pulled it out. Great win!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Sunsfan4life wrote:The suns best defense is quick russel westbrook shots. He's a hell of a player, but they can't stop Durant right now
Not only that but if Westbrook is shooting, it means Durant isn't.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Sunsfan4life wrote:GUTS!

I think the suns season can be summed up by 1 play in this game...Bledsoe gets blocked derrick fisher grabs the board and PJ Tucker just rips it away from him. Hellll yeaaaaa baby.

LETS GO SUNS!!!!
That was awesome! Fisher is a strong dude but Tucker just wanted it more. GIVE ME THAT!!!

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

I didn't see the game last night, but I watched the 4th Q this morning and a couple of points.

Tucker was the mother Tucker tonight. Played his bum off.

Markieff hit a huge shot against pretty good defense by Ibaka with about 2 minutes left to get the one point lead.

Which was immediately followed by an awful 3-pointer by Westbrook.

Bledose turned the ball over at a critical time in the game. He can't do that, but came up with a huge defensive play the next trip down.

Kieff hit two clutch free throws with 55 seconds left. I say clutch because NO ONE could hit FTs last night. 21 of 31 from the line. We were decent down the stretch because at one point we were no better than 50% from FT.

Also, someone commented on it already, but that strip of Fisher by Tucker was huge. Just a big time play as were the two FTs he hit after the foul.

Also, this:
Knocked woozy and nose bleeding after a head-on collision with Kevin Durant, Tucker left the court with 37 seconds to go in the third quarter only long enough to change his bloodied jersey in the north tunnel, plug his nostril and head back to the scorer's table at the start of the fourth quarter.

"They were like, 'Are you dizzy?' and I'm like, 'Don't take me out of this game; we're not losing this game,'" Tucker said. "I'm not going to go into concussion and then wake up and we lost. I'll fall out on the court before that happens."
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

carey wrote:I didn't see the game last night, but I watched the 4th Q this morning and a couple of points.

Tucker was the mother Tucker tonight. Played his bum off.

Markieff hit a huge shot against pretty good defense by Ibaka with about 2 minutes left to get the one point lead.

Which was immediately followed by an awful 3-pointer by Westbrook.

Bledose turned the ball over at a critical time in the game. He can't do that, but came up with a huge defensive play the next trip down.

Kieff hit two clutch free throws with 55 seconds left. I say clutch because NO ONE could hit FTs last night. 21 of 31 from the line. We were decent down the stretch because at one point we were no better than 50% from FT.

Also, someone commented on it already, but that strip of Fisher by Tucker was huge. Just a big time play as were the two FTs he hit after the foul.

Also, this:
Knocked woozy and nose bleeding after a head-on collision with Kevin Durant, Tucker left the court with 37 seconds to go in the third quarter only long enough to change his bloodied jersey in the north tunnel, plug his nostril and head back to the scorer's table at the start of the fourth quarter.

"They were like, 'Are you dizzy?' and I'm like, 'Don't take me out of this game; we're not losing this game,'" Tucker said. "I'm not going to go into concussion and then wake up and we lost. I'll fall out on the court before that happens."
What a quote, i love Tucker!! I wouldnd mind playing the Thunder in the first round.
You sold me two quier giraffes

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

For those interested, NBA.com's recap - Mother Tucker roars at 1:58 :

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I guess we know which wallet is PJ's...

carey

Post by carey »

Mori Chu wrote:I guess we know which wallet is PJ's...
For sure. Speaking of, did you catch the nod to that movie in Cap 2?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

carey wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:I guess we know which wallet is PJ's...
For sure. Speaking of, did you catch the nod to that movie in Cap 2?
***SPOILERS*****

The Tombstone at the end right?

****End Spoilers******

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

I loved PJ Tucker before this game, but he just skyrocketed up my list of all-time favorite Suns players. That "steal-back" from Fisher that all but sealed the game was fantastic, but talking shit to the Thunder bench was even better. And taunting Westbrook with his signature "holster the 3" move was so, so great.

Mori Chu also skyrocketed up my list of favorite Suns fans with his sharp taunting of Thunder fans over on SpursTalk. Well done, sir. :twisted:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LOL, I figure that board is for trolling and taunting, so why not. I also like how other users "bumped" an entire page worth of "LOL" threads making fun of OKC after that.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

I saw the pages and pages of OKC threads, but I had no idea Mori had anything to do with it. Checking... NOW. :D

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

All I did was make 1 post saying we had a "nice lil team down here in Phoenix" to mockingly paraphrase some cocky okc fan's previous post. No big.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I am not to familiar with spurs talk, so can someone link the thread. This sounds pretty hilarious.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Their overall NBA board is here:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

It's mostly just a cesspool full of trolls talking trash about each other's favorite teams. Culburn is there and he isn't even the worst of 'em. I think the thread in question in this case is here. I think it's a little underwhelming so don't get your hopes up too high, haha.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthr ... ost7230650

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

The overall perception of the Suns on Spurstalk is mostly positive. They tend to root for us against any other Western Conference playoff team, probably because they don't see us as a major threat yet. Once the Suns start winning playoff games, they'll change their tune and start hating us like they did in the Nash-Amare years.