Post Your Draft Board

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Post Your Draft Board

Post by Cap »

Post your draft boards here. I'll use the Schulze Method to construct a consensus Phx-Suns.net draft board.

This thread is just for posting your lists of whom you like in what order. Discussion goes in the other draft thread.

sunset rubdown

Re: Post Your Draft Board

Post by sunset rubdown »

I would try to move up in the draft (Detroit may want to trade down since they are PF heavy and need a couple of shooters) to pick one of Randle or Vonleh if possible. If not those are prospects I`d target in the mid-to-late first round:

1. Nik Stauskas, Doug McDermott, Rodney Hood, Aaron Gordon (with our best pick).
2. KJ McDaniels, Montrezl Harrell, Zach LaVine, Clint Capela, Adreian Payne, Bogdan Bogdanovic, James Young, Jordan Adams (lower picks)

My general draft board:

1. Andrew Wiggins
2. Jabari Parker
3. Joel Embiid
4. Julius Randle
5. Noah Vonleh
6. Dante Exum
7. Nik Stauskas
8. Marcus Smart
9. Doug McDermott
10. Rodney Hood
11. Aaron Gordon
12. Tyler Ennis
13. KJ McDaniels
14. James Young

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

We disagree on a lot of those guys sunset, but to each there own. Rodney Hood hasn't impressed me down the stretch, I like Satuskas, but not as a lotto pick and I have Aaron Gordon as a top 4 pick. My Top 10 is in my sig
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Cap

Post by Cap »

Sunsfan4life wrote:My Top 10 is in my sig
Why do you have an asterisk next to Joel Embid?

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

If he's healthy he is my top guy. I just have no idea how serious his back injury is to his future, hopefully I'll have a little better idea once he goes through the draft process
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

TOO

Post by TOO »

1 Embiid
2 Wiggins
3 Parker
4 Randle
5 Smart
6 Vonleh
7 McDermott
8 Exum
9 Gordon
10 Warren
11 Harris
12 Payne
13 Stauskus
14 Ennis
15 Hairston

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Besides Exum who intrgues people out of the international guys?

Saric?
Nurkic?
Capela?

Me personally am intrigued by Capela. I would consider him at 19, but the way its going he may be a darkhorse for the late lottery.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Not much point to doing the Schulze method with one three boards posted. Nobody else has one to post?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:Not much point to doing the Schulze method with one three boards posted. Nobody else has one to post?
Believe you me, you wouldn't want me messing up your results. Besides, Schulze's got the blues:

"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

It's months away. I won't have a board until draft workouts start.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

I don't have a board yet, but I'm curious what you all think of Khem Birch coming out of UNLV. I'm admittedly biased since I love the Rebels, but I think he could be a steal with a late round pick. Great shot blocker, good rebounder, runs the floor well. I actually think he would fit in really well with this team.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I really like Khem Birch as well. But he won't be able to play at 206 lbs. Nevertheless, I'm all for drafting him in the second round.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Not bad INF.

Its hard to make a mock, because I think there will be alot more trades then usual with such a deep draft.

I can see Dougie Mcbuckets falling. Chicago would be a nice spot for him. Thats the first I saw anyone mock Levine to the Sixers. He is Sam Hinkie's type of player though, that was an interesting prediction. If they take Parker/Wiggins I can see Saric going there. I like GRIII, But haven't thought of him at 14. Right now I think Phoenix could probably grab him at 18 and thats where I think of a guy like him or Warren ATM, but we'll see how his stock rises and falls with workouts. Kristaps is def a guy I can see Mcdonaugh gambling on and leaving overseas. Rotoworld has us taking him as well.

TOO

Post by TOO »

GR3!!! I suppose you have him climbing when private workouts begin?

Not too hot on the euros, but w/e, I like GR3 enough to let them slide :)

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:GR3!!! I suppose you have him climbing when private workouts begin?
It was a function a few things. Yes, I think GR3 stock's will rise. But with that mock, I think all the likely targets just got drafted before 14 came up, guys like Harris, LaVine, and (cringe) James Young.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Oh, and SF4L, I'm starting to think you were right about the possibility of Harris being there when the Suns pick.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Yea you know I like Harris. It looks some projections have vaulted Stauskas and James Young ahead of him. His measurables at the combine were kinda "eh" so that might have something to do with it, but I'd gladly take him at 14 with a huge smile. He'll have an impact right away IMO.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Thanks for the good analysis as usual, INF.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I would be content with Glenn Robinson III. Not a franchise-changing player but I could see him as part of our rotation, and/or having value to other teams.