Phx-Suns.net get together this week?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Phx-Suns.net get together this week?

Post by Mori Chu »

I went to U of A. Class of 2001 for my BS, 2003 for my MS. Cats won the national title in basketball just before I started there.

carey

Post by carey »

we possibly crossed paths some time between '97 and '99. I never won a ticket lottery so never saw a game. A bunch of players lived in the same complex as my gf at the time, Stars pass. I used to see Miles Simon all the time. Dude was a weirdo.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

pickle

Post by pickle »

i might be planning way far ahead, but i'll probably make it back either in early october or around christmas time...

have fun guys! look forward to meeting one day...

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:I went to ASU for three years and then graduated from NAU after another 2.5 years. Looks like I'll be able to get out and watch the game Thursday too. Anybody up for that? Otherwise, I'll probably hit the Gallagher's near my mom's house on 32nd St and Baseline.
Well, my plans changed for tonight. I'm going to go hear some live jazz in Scottsdale featuring Chuck Marohnic on piano and Fred Forney on trumpet.

I still haven't heard anything definitive for Saturday night. Anybody? Zipps? Location? Bueller?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Mori Chu wrote:I went to U of A. Class of 2001 for my BS, 2003 for my MS. Cats won the national title in basketball just before I started there.
Oh cool! We were there about the same time. I was there from 1999 - 2003. Did you live on campus? I lived in Graham-Greenlee my first two years and then Kaibab my last two years.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

wp: I never lived on campus. I always rented apartments near U of A. My last one was on Cherry close to the stadiums. I miss the college days!

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

I lived down the street from the Green Dolphin and the Stumble Inn.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Superbone wrote:I went to ASU for three years and then graduated from NAU after another 2.5 years. Looks like I'll be able to get out and watch the game Thursday too. Anybody up for that? Otherwise, I'll probably hit the Gallagher's near my mom's house on 32nd St and Baseline.
Well, my plans changed for tonight. I'm going to go hear some live jazz in Scottsdale featuring Chuck Marohnic on piano and Fred Forney on trumpet.

I still haven't heard anything definitive for Saturday night. Anybody? Zipps? Location? Bueller?

You really are a jazz fan. Those guys go way back a long ways in the Phoenix Jazz scene.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Superbone wrote:

You really are a jazz fan. Those guys go way back a long ways in the Phoenix Jazz scene.
Yeah, they were great. I studied with both of them at ASU in the early 80s.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I will be at Zipps on Hayden and Via de Ventura at 5:00. I'll be wearing an orange 2006 playoffs Suns shirt so you can't miss me. First round is on me.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Well, I'm here toward the back if anybody shows.

"Be Legendary."

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

I'm with you there in spirit (or spirits, haha)!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Did anybody show? Sad that the get-togethers have been hard to get off the ground lately.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:Did anybody show? Sad that the get-togethers have been hard to get off the ground lately.
Just me, myself, and I. I didn't take a group pic. :sad trombone:

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Sorry Super. If I had off I definitely would have come. March is prime time for me. It's always my busiest month every year. The weather is great and I play a lot of Cactus League games.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:Sorry Super. If I had off I definitely would have come. March is prime time for me. It's always my busiest month every year. The weather is great and I play a lot of Cactus League games.
Thanks, Nodack. I'm glad you're busy.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Then you must be pretty good. I bet you know Dom Moio then.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Then you must be pretty good. I bet you know Dom Moio then.
I met him a couple times including just last Thursday at the gig above. He was the drummer! :D Great guy and he did some recordings with my all-time favorite trombonist, Carl Fontana (RIP).

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I met Indy today in Vegas. Great guy! Somebody else will have to start the game day thread. Go Suns!

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:I met Indy today in Vegas. Great guy! Somebody else will have to start the game day thread. Go Suns!
Sweet. Not it.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!