THE PLAYOFF PUSH

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeffreyLee

Re: THE PLAYOFF PUSH

Post by JeffreyLee »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:Oh, that's well documented over realgm. Didn't trade for Pau, drafted busts, wanted to tank and backfired...
Do any of the .net regulars still frequent RealGM now that we have a new .net?
I check it out every other day or so, I do like this site better. We just lack the amount of content to read. I know in time when we have more posters i will visit realgm alot less.
You sold me two quier giraffes

TOO

Post by TOO »

JeffreyLee wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:Oh, that's well documented over realgm. Didn't trade for Pau, drafted busts, wanted to tank and backfired...
I check it out every other day or so, I do like this site better. We just lack the amount of content to read. I know in time when we have more posters i will visit realgm alot less.
Depends on what you think qualifies as content. :D

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Do any of the .net regulars still frequent RealGM now that we have a new .net?
I went there only briefly when there was no .net. Now that we are back in business, I only go here and SpursTalk. I hit up ST much less than here, and only for a chuckle about various trolling and around-the-league stuff. Anything goes in that place. But I like our atmosphere here MUCH better overall.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I get my INFORMER fix here and that's good enough for me! :D

Yeah, I stopped going over there. I might still read through their game day threads after a nice victory like against OKC.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Grizz rally to beat the Heat. Damn...c'mon
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

SDC

Post by SDC »

if the season ended today, here's my predictions for the west first round
Suns over Spurs 4-2, doing houston a favor.
OKC over dallas
Golden State over Clippers
Houston over Portland

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I had been dropping in on the game day and draft threads, but I haven't been over there in probably over 2 weeks.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Superbone wrote:I get my INFORMER fix here and that's good enough for me! :D
Ha!
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Is there any proof that Pau was available for what we were offering? Because yeah, if it was for bullshit, it was a no brainer, but nothing in reality leads me to believe that he was affordable outside of fan speculation.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

The Lakers probabaly wanted that Pacers pick and Mcdonuagh didn't want to give it up. That seems like the most likely outcome, because if it was just for a 2nd he would of went somewhere else.

I'm fine with holding onto the pacers pick
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

SDC

Post by SDC »

INFORMER wrote:
Ha!
people should pay to be in the presence of The Informer.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SDC wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Ha!
people should pay to be in the presence of The Informer.
And pay to get away from SDC.

I keed, I keed! :mrgreen:
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Good article on the remaining 9 days of the playoff race: http://darkoindex.com/2014/04/07/wester ... wded-west/
Memphis Prediction

Wed, Apr 9 vs Miami (ESPN) (Loss)
Fri, Apr 11 vs Philadelphia (Win)
Sun, Apr 13 @ LA Lakers (Win)
Mon, Apr 14 @ Phoenix (Win)
Wed, Apr 16 vs Dallas (Win)

If they can get by Miami, the Grizzlies have a legit shot at running the table and streaking into the second season. More likely, the either drop the Miami game or one of the Phoenix/Dallas season-ending combination.

Prediction: 49-33

Dallas Prediction

Tues, Apr 8 @ Utah (Win)
Thu, Apr 10 vs San Antonio (Loss)* (This game will be fantastic. In Dallas, on TNT. Can’t wait)
Sat, Apr 12 vs Phoenix (Win)
Wed, Apr 16 @ Memphis (Loss)

Phoenix Prediction

Wed, Apr 9 @ New Orleans (Win)
Fri, Apr 11 @ San Antonio (W – Pop rests half the Spurs in 2nd game of back-to-back)
Sat, Apr 12 @ Dallas (Loss)
Mon, Apr 14 vs Memphis (Loss)
Wed, Apr 16 @ Sacramento (Win)

My guess is they lose to Dallas on the second game of a back-to-back, and drop the Memphis game (0-3 vs. Grizzlies on season).

If all three of these teams finish with 49 wins, the first tie-breaker goes to a team that won its division. None of these teams will do that. Second tie-breaker is record among tied teams. Phoenix would be the odd-team out, having gone 1-4 in games against Dallas and Memphis this year. Dallas would get the 7th seed with the 4-1 inter-team mark, while Memphis would squeeze into the 8th spot.
We know that Memphis did indeed get by Miami, Dallas did beat Utah, and we beat New Orleans. If this plays out like the article suggests (looking very likely) we'll be the first team ever to miss the playoff with as many as 49 wins. Weeks ago I asked a few people on Twitter if the Suns would be the first team ever to win 50 games and not make the playoffs, not too far off unfortunately.

We absolutely have to go 3-1 over the next 4 games if we want to get in. It isn't impossible, but Sacramento has owned us for some reason, ditto Memphis and it absolutely depends on who Pop decides to rest against us on Friday.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Sacto has owned us because they have two players that are unguardable for us in Thomas and Cousins. Dragic just can't keep up with most PGs, and Isaiah is a demon with his speed and strenght, despite his height, and he is crafty too. Cousins, well, he is just too much for any of our frontcourt players.

If by the time we play the Kings we still can make the playoffs, I want to see Bledsoe on Thomas and double teams on Cousins so maybe he gets stubborn and takes bad shots or commits TOs.
Last edited by Ring_Wanted on Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

carey

Post by carey »

It's kind of unreal how good Thomas has been this season. 20/6/3. The only thing mediocre is his 3-ball which is at 35%. Just really impressive for a guy that's only 5' 9''. He was out on Wednesday against the Blazers. Maybe they'll just hold him for the season? They have the 7th worse record but with only 3 games separate them from 3rd worst. So maybe they'll get their tank on.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Yeah, I guess there is a chance he doesn't play anymore this season with that quad injury. It really makes no sense for them and if they don't win more games maybe they'll finish behind the Lakers, although I doubt it. I think their position is already defined, unlike Boston-Orlando-Utah.

carey

Post by carey »

Probably just wishful thinking on my part. I just have this fantasy that we make the playoffs and somehow beat the Spurs in round 1. 2014 has been really really shitty so far for me and this would go a long way to cheering me up. =/
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'd love to get into the playoffs and face the Spurs in the first round. They'd stomp us, but it'd be a great experience for our guys. And Dragic has some experience getting hot against the Spurs, so maybe he could relive that and have 1-2 amazing games against them. I do think we match up better against the Spurs than we do against the Thunder, though.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

BTW, Mavs vs. Spurs tonight on TNT is going to be an awesome game. I hope Pop actually plays anybody.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Mori Chu wrote:I'd love to get into the playoffs and face the Spurs in the first round. They'd stomp us, but it'd be a great experience for our guys. And Dragic has some experience getting hot against the Spurs, so maybe he could relive that and have 1-2 amazing games against them. I do think we match up better against the Spurs than we do against the Thunder, though.
Funny, I think exactly the opposite.

The Spurs have an incredible team offense, whereas the Thunder is much more iso heavy. With our weak defense, I believe the Spurs will have no trouble handling us in five games tops, unless several of our guys got ridiculously hot. OKC, maybe we can win a couple, and I think the games would be closer. Also, Scott Brooks is no Pops.