THE PLAYOFF PUSH

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Xylus

Re: THE PLAYOFF PUSH

Post by Xylus »

The plot thickens

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Suns decide their own fate. This back to back is going to be tough.

Let's call it The Texas two-step.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

rest dragic vs the spurs (we might even win that one if the spurs rest everybody), then play dragic vs dallas.

carey

Post by carey »

SwingMan wrote:.....and now we're one game back of the 6th seed.....
Just came to post this. Woke up to GS losing by a point to the Denver Nuggets on, of all things, a Manimal fade away. Who would have thought that with 4 games left in the season we would be 1 game behind Golden State in the standings. Anyone? We've over achieved & they have underachieved, sure. It's still remarkable.

For the curious among you, GS's remaining schedule: @Lakers, @Portland, VS Minnesota, @Denver.

2 easy and 2 hard games, they could conceivably wind up in that 49-33 scrum. Minnesota has the point differential of a much much better team than their record. Better than us, Dallas, Chicago, Brooklyn, Charlotte, Washington, and Atlanta. All those 1 point losses really did them in. It certainly depends on which GS team shows up for these games.

The West, man... it's certainly not boring.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I'm pretty sure we lose the breaker to Golden State or else we would have a shot at catching them.

if they go 1-3 down the stretch we would need to go 3-1 and i we do that we get in over Dallas or Memphis regardless.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Sunsfan4life wrote:I'm pretty sure we lose the breaker to Golden State or else we would have a shot at catching them.

if they go 1-3 down the stretch we would need to go 3-1 and i we do that we get in over Dallas or Memphis regardless.
Just double checked - we split the series w/GS 2-2 with both teams winning their respective home games, though that 115-86 loss in Oakland might understandably seem like 2 losses. :lol:

They've got us beat on division record, though - their 10-5 vs. our 7-8.....

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Yea I believe divsion or conference is the 2nd tie-breaker...they got us beat on both
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Here's a weird question: Would we even want the 6 seed? I really don't want to play the Clippers. I'd honestly rather play the Thunder. LAC just seems like a bad matchup for us.

Big Jake Little Jake

Post by Big Jake Little Jake »

Mori Chu wrote:Here's a weird question: Would we even want the 6 seed? I really don't want to play the Clippers. I'd honestly rather play the Thunder. LAC just seems like a bad matchup for us.
Much rather play OKC. I don't want to see Blake Griffin score 40+ on us again.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm like a gold digger mining her clients. I don't care what seed we get as long as we get one. No matter who we play, it's going to be very tough to get out of the first round.

"Be Legendary."

Big Jake Little Jake

Superbone wrote:I'm like a gold digger mining her clients. I don't care what seed we get as long as we get one. No matter who we play, it's going to be very tough to get out of the first round.
Oh sure, I'm the same way. But we can lose to a team I don't mind losing to (Spurs / Thunder) or become extremely agitated losing to a bunch of babies (Clips).

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Big Jake Little Jake wrote:
Superbone wrote:I'm like a gold digger mining her clients. I don't care what seed we get as long as we get one. No matter who we play, it's going to be very tough to get out of the first round.
Oh sure, I'm the same way. But we can lose to a team I don't mind losing to (Spurs / Thunder) or become extremely agitated losing to a bunch of babies (Clips).
Eh. It would give us a chance to slap them around a little bit. I could get enjoyment out of that. I love it when we make Griffin cry. They've got more than one Big Baby on that team. That's for sure.

"Be Legendary."

Big Jake Little Jake

Superbone wrote: Eh. It would give us a chance to slap them around a little bit. I could get enjoyment out of that. I love it when we make Griffin cry. They've got more than one Big Baby on that team. That's for sure.
Hahaha, fair enough! Maybe PJ can get into with Blake again.

SunnyOrange

Post by SunnyOrange »

It is too cool that we are in the position we are in. Honestly, there were many seasons where I thought the suns could overachieve and play above expectations. This wasn't one of them and from paper they overachieved a lot.

I don't know how serious Dragic's injury is. Normally I am not a fan of resting in advance or something similar. If he feels ready to go, he shouldn't be hold back. I am perfectly fine with limited minutes.

I would also prefer OKC due to interior matchups and very much due to coaching. Above all, playoffs would be a very pleasant surprise. I do believe.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I would rather pay OKC or even the Spurs than the Clips. For whatever reason I hate that LAC matchup for us. Maybe because they have a dominant offensive big man.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Asking for the Spurs over the Clips is crazy. Spurs would pick us apart, stick Leonard on Goran and we're toast. With OKC we have a chance because they tend to have defensive lapses and with LAC, Griffin isn't the problem, it's letting the cast of scrubs go nuts where we falter. If there is 1 team I don't wanna play, it's the Spurs.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

.....and the Suns are 9th.....

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

So much on the line tomorrow night.

I just hope Hornecek keeps reminding them that everything is still infront of them after this heart-breaker

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If we beat the Mavs and beat the Grizz, don't we still have a pretty darn good shot of getting in?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:If we beat the Mavs and beat the Grizz, don't we still have a pretty darn good shot of getting in?
Easy for you to say.

"Be Legendary."