Suns News: Week of 4/7 to 4/13

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeffreyLee

Re: Suns News: Week of 4/7 to 4/13

Post by JeffreyLee »

Mori Chu wrote:
JeffreyLee wrote:
SwingMan wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:Mod fight!
Too many chefs.....
I once said too many chief and not enough indians infront of a Native American family. I was extreamly embarressed. They were cool about it, and I still closed the sale. We are no good friends with eachothers familys. I know off topic, but i saw too many chefs and it all came back to me.
"Oh gosh, sorry, that must have been offensive. Uh, smoke-em peace pipe? ... No? ... Dang it..."
I took no offense to it, it reminded me how young and dumb i was. We all laughed about it. still embarressed.
You sold me two quier giraffes

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

JeffreyLee wrote:
SwingMan wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:Mod fight!
Too many chefs.....
I once said too many chief and not enough indians infront of a Native American family. I was extreamly embarressed. They were cool about it, and I still closed the sale. We are no good friends with eachothers familys. I know off topic, but i saw too many chefs and it all came back to me.
Sorry about your gaffe, but I was taught this phrase at an early age by my grandfather:

"Too many chefs in the kitchen spoil the soup"

carey

Post by carey »

@DaveKingNBA: Suns starting lineup of Bledsoe-Dragic-Frye-Plumlee-Tucker has won 20 of last 25 starts. 20-5. #ignited
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Very nice. Dragic-Frye is the best pick and 'roll' combo in the L, and the other three seem to fit pretty well. Bledsoe has had a visible impact on Miles, and PJ is going to do his thing regardless.

carey

Post by carey »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Very nice. Dragic-Frye is the best pick and 'roll' combo in the L, and the other three seem to fit pretty well. Bledsoe has had a visible impact on Miles, and PJ is going to do his thing regardless.
Here's another..

@DaveKingNBA: So who's going to choke the play-in games? @Suns 10-4, Mem 7-7, Dal 5-7 against playoff teams in last 25 games with best starting lineups.

I still think we need to hit 50 if we want in. Going to be tough.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

We need to somehow win three games out of the four we have left. I think just three leaves us out.

Memphis wins at the very least two (Philly and LAL) and have their final game against Dallas at home.

Dallas has no easy games left, butI can't see Dirk allowing three key loses in a row.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Very nice. Dragic-Frye is the best pick and 'roll' combo in the L, and the other three seem to fit pretty well. Bledsoe has had a visible impact on Miles, and PJ is going to do his thing regardless.
No offense, but what the hell have you been watching to think that Frye is part of "the best pick and 'roll' combo in the L"? His lone positive asset is 3-point range - and he hasn't hit it with any consistency the last 2/3 of the season. Hell - what's Frye's 3-point percentage from the last 25 games?

Anyone who's watched the games knows that the Suns win despite Frye this season, not because of him.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Memphis was great against Miami. I think they have a decent chance to win out. I am really watching Dallas more than anybody. I'm hoping they drop a game or two to give us a better chance.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

SwingMan wrote:
No offense, but what the hell have you been watching to think that Frye is part of "the best pick and 'roll' combo in the L"? His lone positive asset is 3-point range - and he hasn't hit it with any consistency the last 2/3 of the season. Hell - what's Frye's 3-point percentage from the last 25 games?

Anyone who's watched the games knows that the Suns win despite Frye this season, not because of him.
None taken.

I've watched every game so far but two or three, and I know what I see. There are numbers who suggest it too. This combo produces a league best 1.30 points per possession over almost 400 samples.

I'm not one to pour stats or +/- stuff over people, but you might want to check those things out because Frye is somehow extremely favored by some metrics.

By the eye test he is clearly a step slower lately, which has a terrible effect on his defense and rebounding (fatigue also impacts greatly long distance shots, and I buy that this is an issue with a number of our players, Frye inluded). The things is that the way he plays with Goran and the space he offers clearly matters a ton the way this team plays on offense, and overall I can't say he's been anything but a positive factor.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah those metrics on Frye are one of the oddest mismatches of advanced metrics and the "eye test." When I watch Frye play, in some games he's great because he spaces the floor, but in many games he's just kind of out there. The Morrii or other forwards seem more productive out there to my eyes. But by stats like adjusted +/-, Frye is one of the most valuable offensive PFs in the NBA. Weird.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:Yeah those metrics on Frye are one of the oddest mismatches of advanced metrics and the "eye test." When I watch Frye play, in some games he's great because he spaces the floor, but in many games he's just kind of out there. The Morrii or other forwards seem more productive out there to my eyes. But by stats like adjusted +/-, Frye is one of the most valuable offensive PFs in the NBA. Weird.
A lot of the metrics come from earlier in the season when Frye was hitting his shot. He has really struggled as of late.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:Yeah those metrics on Frye are one of the oddest mismatches of advanced metrics and the "eye test." When I watch Frye play, in some games he's great because he spaces the floor, but in many games he's just kind of out there. The Morrii or other forwards seem more productive out there to my eyes. But by stats like adjusted +/-, Frye is one of the most valuable offensive PFs in the NBA. Weird.
A lot of the metrics come from earlier in the season when Frye was hitting his shot. He has really struggled as of late.
That would explain it, then - last 2/3 of the season, he's been nothing short of a drag on the team.....

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Dragic questionable for tom with a sprained ankle

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/ ... for-friday
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

ugh.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Perfect opportunity for Bledsoe to step up.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:ugh.
I'll call your "ugh" and raise you an "oh,no".

"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Dragic questionable for tom with a sprained ankle

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/ ... for-friday
it's okay, the spurs will be missing parker anyway. and maybe more (duncan and ginobili).

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think the Spurs will rest EVERYbody. They just played Dallas last night, and Parker is gimpy to begin with right now. So despite the possible lack of Dragic, I think we have a good chance.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/suns-look- ... together-1

Suns Look Back on How Team Came Together

Goran Dragic still remembers the first time he met his teammates for the 2013-14 season. His impression?

“It was a lot of new faces.”

All but three (P.J. Tucker, Marcus and Markieff Morris) were new, to be exact.

Yet even after just a handful of informal workouts and a week of training camp, it was apparent to several of the players that the special, almost accidental unity every team strives for was already taking place.

“I knew it was a special team to begin with,” Miles Plumlee said. “I didn’t watch the Suns much last year. I didn’t’ know who all was that new. Everybody just took it one day at a time and it just kind of clicked.”

Read more...

"Be Legendary."

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

Anybody see the Sports Center piece on the Gorilla? It was fun to watch, he has alot of love from the other mascots.
You sold me two quier giraffes