Suns News: Week of 4/7 to 4/13

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AmareIsGod

Suns News: Week of 4/7 to 4/13

Post by AmareIsGod »

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2014/ ... 50-40-club

Best article I've read all year. The parallels between Hornacek and Dragic are frighteningly similar and that's a very exclusive club to join. Great quotes from Dragic and coach. Interesting to read about Drazen Petrovic. That guy was a future star who's life was cut short in an accident.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

SDC

Re: Suns News: Week of 4/7 to 4/13

Post by SDC »

AmareIsGod wrote:http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2014/ ... 50-40-club

Best article I've read all year. The parallels between Hornacek and Dragic are frighteningly similar and that's a very exclusive club to join. Great quotes from Dragic and coach. Interesting to read about Drazen Petrovic. That guy was a future star who's life was cut short in an accident.
no way is dragic similar to hornacek. hornacek is a soft deadly outside shooter. dragic is a fearless attacking dragon who's outside shooting is ok.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Great article! Thanks for posting, AIG.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Dave King has been producing great article after great article over at Bright Side lately.

Here's another:

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2014/ ... e-slashing

This one covers the overall success the Suns have had with Dragic and Bledsoe in the lineup, how the two players view each other, and the general perception of the two-headed Dragon by opposing coaches and members of the basketball blogosphere.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Best article I've read all year.
Really?
Hornacek was drafted into turmoil, his rookie season marred by a team drug scandal and only 27 wins. Dragic was signed as a free agent, his first season as a starter marred by an underperforming, mismatched roster that won only 25 games.
How did that team underperform? It was an abomination of a team.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Xylus wrote:Dave King has been producing great article after great article over at Bright Side lately.

Here's another:

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2014/ ... e-slashing
Two things of note. One:
But me and Eric - we are really good friends. We talk a lot. And you can see that in how we play.
That's really nice to hear. Two:
Bledsoe, just 24 and in his first year as a full time starter, also needs to mature in his work ethic and preparation as the seasons pass.
Huh? Where is this coming from? I really wouldn't say either of those are in issue.

The article goes on to say:
"He's a competitor," Hornacek said of Bledsoe. "He's quite young. As he moves on in his career and as he continues to grow as a player, you figure out how to go through all the stages to be a better player. You look at some of the great players around the league, they practice hard. They are working on a part of their game that's not up to snuff. He's only been a couple years in the league. He'll learn all those things, and continue to get better."

Last summer, Hornacek had a second-year player (Kendall Marshall) and rookie (Archie Goodwin) who couldn't shoot the basketball. He dropped hints that each needed to sacrifice their shot and their ego to remake their stroke - a short-term loss for long-term gain. He specifically commented that Marshall needed to raise the release point on his shot in order to get it off once players started defending him, or he'd always be limited.

Marshall came to training camp in October with the exact same shooting motion Hornacek wanted him to correct. Goodwin, on the other hand, was deep into the rebuild. Goodwin was praised for his work ethic. Marshall was not.

Bledsoe is arguably one of the top 50 players in the NBA right now. He defends, scores and passes well enough to be a force on the court whenever he's out there. Where he needs to improve is his conditioning and his shooting stroke, to be more consistent and for longer stretches of time.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

INFORMER wrote:

Best article I've read all year.
Really?
Hornacek was drafted into turmoil, his rookie season marred by a team drug scandal and only 27 wins. Dragic was signed as a free agent, his first season as a starter marred by an underperforming, mismatched roster that won only 25 games.
How did that team underperform? It was an abomination of a team.
Really. It's my opinion though. Doesn't have to align with yours. I appreciate the expressed view that my thoughts on it being one of the better Suns articles this season, a season full of many good articles, is a poor opinion as it required a one word "really" reply from you.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

AmareIsGod wrote: Really. It's my opinion though. Doesn't have to align with yours. I appreciate the expressed view that my thoughts on it being one of the better Suns articles this season, a season full of many good articles, is a poor opinion as it required a one word "really" reply from you.
Honestly, I was just expressing surprise. It wasn't a criticism. You're reading too much into that "one word."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote: Really. It's my opinion though. Doesn't have to align with yours. I appreciate the expressed view that my thoughts on it being one of the better Suns articles this season, a season full of many good articles, is a poor opinion as it required a one word "really" reply from you.
Honestly, I was just expressing surprise. It wasn't a criticism. You're reading too much into that "one word."
Honestly :) , the response was unnecessary. Why would you be surprised at somebody's opinion unless it was a shocking one? Did you have an article in mind?

"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

If it was a shocking opinion, then I would have been "shocked" by it. But that's not what I said. When I read the article I was indifferent to it; I didn't find anything wrong with it, but I didn't find it exceptional either, which is why I made that response.

Let's dial down the sensitivity level just a tad.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

INFORMER wrote:If it was a shocking opinion, then I would have been "shocked" by it. But that's not what I said. When I read the article I was indifferent to it; I didn't find anything wrong with it, but I didn't find it exceptional either, which is why I made that response.

Who are you calling sensitive, you bastard?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Lol

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

:cry: JERK! :D

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Let's.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mod fight!

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Mori Chu wrote:Mod fight!
Too many chefs.....

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

SwingMan wrote:
Too many chefs.....
I once said too many chief and not enough indians infront of a Native American family. I was extreamly embarressed. They were cool about it, and I still closed the sale. We are no good friends with eachothers familys. I know off topic, but i saw too many chefs and it all came back to me.
You sold me two quier giraffes

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Why you I oughta...

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

SwingMan wrote:
Too many chefs.....
Great googly moogly..

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

JeffreyLee wrote:
SwingMan wrote:
Too many chefs.....
I once said too many chief and not enough indians infront of a Native American family. I was extreamly embarressed. They were cool about it, and I still closed the sale. We are no good friends with eachothers familys. I know off topic, but i saw too many chefs and it all came back to me.
"Oh gosh, sorry, that must have been offensive. Uh, smoke-em peace pipe? ... No? ... Dang it..."