Suns News: The Offseason (2015)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
EDC

Suns News: The Offseason (2015)

Post by EDC »

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /28509215/

Bickley saying he would trade the twins if it was up to him. Is this the first time the local media has printed that? Wonder if the front office is distancing themselves from the twins. We will know for sure if Coro prints something about it soon.

I don't get the push to have the Suns pick up the optional year on coach a year early. Just no need to paint yourself into a corner. Jeff is fine now but who knows what will happen or who will be available.

Superbone

Re: Suns News: The Offseason (2015)

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, interesting article. The Suns need a makeover much like what they got at the beginning of two years ago. They had so much potential after year one of Hornacek/McDonough and then took a 50% step back last year with the Dragic travesty and team chemistry issues. There's no question that Marcus should have gotten a much bigger reaction from the franchise for his outburst on coach. The team should have suspended him about 5 games probably. The twins dynamic is hurting the team not helping it. Especially after their off-court transgression (allegedly) during last season.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

EDC wrote: I don't get the push to have the Suns pick up the optional year on coach a year early. Just no need to paint yourself into a corner. Jeff is fine now but who knows what will happen or who will be available.
In general players don't play hard for lame duck coaches. So they should either back him or let him go. Rarely do you ever see coaches play out the final year of their deal in full.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SDC

Post by SDC »

EDC wrote:http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /28509215/

Bickley saying he would trade the twins if it was up to him. Is this the first time the local media has printed that? Wonder if the front office is distancing themselves from the twins. We will know for sure if Coro prints something about it soon.

I don't get the push to have the Suns pick up the optional year on coach a year early. Just no need to paint yourself into a corner. Jeff is fine now but who knows what will happen or who will be available.
sorry, but the suns are trying to make the playoffs next year. and mcdo is going to resign knight.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

The Suns were set on a different course at the start of the previous season, when the team pinned its future on Stephon Marbury for what was the largest pro sports contract in Arizona history. Marbury was under contract for $105 million over six years after signing a four-year extension three weeks before the 2003-04 season opener. Only a disappointing Suns start and the Knicks' recently hired president of basketball operations, Thomas, could undo it.

"It was more about how can we get to the top of the heap, how can we contend?" said Colangelo, who was the Suns GM. "Being in the middle of the pack is not where you want to be in this league. We felt like we were going to be competitive but not get to the upper echelon of competition unless we did something drastic. We decided to knock down a few walls."
http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /28417913/

From Coro's retrospective on the 04-05 Suns. Hopefully this regime can see the same writing on the wall, see how far we are from being a relevant team in the West and try and make some moves (like dealing Bledsoe and/or the twins) that better position us for the future.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I hope so. The current path isn't working.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

So what do you want to do? Trade everyone away and bottom out? I don't want to sit through 3 years of being the 76ers.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:So what do you want to do? Trade everyone away and bottom out? I don't want to sit through 3 years of being the 76ers.
As opposed to repeating 96-2000? No thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:So what do you want to do? Trade everyone away and bottom out? I don't want to sit through 3 years of being the 76ers.
You want sit through another three years like last year? Shipping out Bledsoe and the twins would be a good start. We don't have to bottom out. Just get some quality players here that want to play as a team.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
You want sit through another three years like last year? Shipping out Bledsoe and the twins would be a good start. We don't have to bottom out. Just get some quality players here that want to play as a team.
Where do we get these players without a full rebuild? Patchwork free agency and hoping to hit our draft picks?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Where do we get these players without a full rebuild? Patchwork free agency and hoping to hit our draft picks?
That's for McMiracle to figure out. ;)

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Its gonna take a McMiracle to get this right.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Superbone wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Superbone wrote:
That's for McMiracle to figure out. ;)
the first action should be to fire the person responsible for this mess. if he's lucky, ainge will hire him back.

SDC

Post by SDC »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Its gonna take a McMiracle to get this right.
Unoriginalnon-original is in the first stages of the kubler-ross model.

carey

Post by carey »

SDC wrote:
Enough with the making fun of his name bit or people will start trying to figure out what SDC stands for and it probably won't be funny.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Did you delete your post Bobster?

Look, I don't care if we have crappy names for players. That's fine and is quite common in sports. Just don't do it to your fellow posters. Cool? Cool.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:
SDC wrote:
Enough with the making fun of his name bit or people will start trying to figure out what SDC stands for and it probably won't be funny.
I can't see his drivel unless it's quoted, so let him call me whatever he likes.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

carey wrote:Did you delete your post Bobster?

Look, I don't care if we have crappy names for players. That's fine and is quite common in sports. Just don't do it to your fellow posters. Cool? Cool.
Yeah, I rethought it right after I hit "submit".

I'm not really big on using "crappy names" for the players unless their personal conduct is an issue (I have no problem calling the Morrii "morons"). Just not liking how somebody plays basketball or does his coaching or front office job isn't a good enough reason to be disrespectful. We can be critical and still act like adults IMO.

Although I'm sure there have been instances in the past where I haven't lived up to that myself!
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

The Bobster wrote:
carey wrote:Did you delete your post Bobster?

Yeah, I rethought it right after I hit "submit".

I'm not really big on using "crappy names" for the players unless their personal conduct is an issue (I have no problem calling the Morrii "morons"). Just not liking how somebody plays basketball or does his coaching or front office job isn't a good enough reason to be disrespectful. We can be critical and still act like adults IMO.

Although I'm sure there have been instances in the past where I haven't lived up to that myself!
+ 1 !!!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/608320016015101952

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/608321006948782080

Last edited by Wally_West on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.