Game Day: Suns (47-31) @ Spurs (61-18) , Fri 4/11/14

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: Game Day: Suns (47-31) @ Spurs (61-18) , Fri 4/11/14

Post by TOO »

We sure like to let role playing shooters go nuts against us.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote: The game is yours Bledsoe, the game is yours.
Challenge accepted. Bledsoe dominated tonight. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Helluva game from Bledsoe, but the turnovers, thats rough. Gerald Green might be the worst defender in the NBA, I wouldn't be surprised if he's moved in the off season.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Heartbreak hotel!

If you're the Suns, you almost don't want the 8 seed after a loss like this. You can't even beat the Spurs without Duncan or Manu? What chance would they have in a playoff series? The Spur dominance of the Suns continues.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Gerald Green might be the worst defender in the NBA, I wouldn't be surprised if he's moved in the off season.
He could be moved, but it would be a mistake. Your assessment of his defensive inadequacies is a bit exaggerated. He's won more games for the Suns than he has lost and has a very reasonable contract. There's no reason to move him. If it were up to me, Dragic, Green, and Tucker would be the only guaranteed holdovers from this season. But it's safe to say that's not McDonough's game plan.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I may be going a bit overboard because I'm annoyed. It seems every time a role player goes off against us, Green is the main defender. Blah.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Fuck! FUCK! FUCK! Tomorrow is gonna be huge!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We really blew it. I think we will end up missing the playoffs by 1 game now, and this was it. We also blew that Lakers game recently that we should have won. This one sticks with me. There's no excuse to losing to another team that is throwing the game and resting their 2 best players. None.

SDC

Post by SDC »

INFORMER wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Gerald Green might be the worst defender in the NBA, I wouldn't be surprised if he's moved in the off season.
He could be moved, but it would be a mistake. Your assessment of his defensive inadequacies is a bit exaggerated. He's won more games for the Suns than he has lost and has a very reasonable contract. There's no reason to move him. If it were up to me, Dragic, Green, and Tucker would be the only guaranteed holdovers from this season. But it's safe to say that's not McDonough's game plan.
what is his gameplan, aside from extending bledsoe?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

SDC wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
I could see him offering Dragic and Morris Twins for Kevin Love.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

It's a tough loss, but keeping things in perspective, if we win tomorrow we will probably get in. Tomorrows game counts as 3...if we win tom not only do we gain a win and Dallas a loss, but we also win the tie-breaker. Win tom and we must lose out and have Dallas beat Memphis on the road for us not to get in.

Tom is basically a playoff game.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

SwingMan wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:Plumlee needs to work on his fumbilitis with the ball, butterfingers.
I hear ya, but it's difficult to get upset at guys like Plumlee - I mean, this is, essentially, his rookie season and he's already made unbelievable progress.

Frye, on the other hand, is free game - guy's a 9 year veteran put out there to do one thing: make shots. And he hasn't done dick in that area for the last 2/3 of the season - he's had no positive impact on the game and, again tonight per usual, zip beyond the 1st Q.
Yep yep, agree with ya 100%. We need to get rid of Marcus and not resign Frye unless it's for a hometown discount. He's absolutely useless to us if he isn't hitting his 3's and we are going to need room for the rookies.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

INFORMER wrote:
What, no digs at Bledsoe tonight INF? Are you in a good mood?

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if he's moved in the off season.
I'd be pissed if we moved Green in the offseason, what a stupid move that'd be. If it weren't for Green we wouldn't be in the hunt for the playoffs, especially after Bledsoe went down.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

iLLmatic wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
What, no digs at Bledsoe tonight INF? Are you in a good mood?
I'm not interested in bashing him just for the sake of bashing him. I said on the other thread, when news hit that Dragic could miss the game, that this was Bledsoe's chance to step up. Well he did. Props to him.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INF has valid points about Bledsoes lack of "great defense" and he's a turnover machine. He's also not great at pushing the pace. You see those things, then you see tonight and you get caught up in the potential. He's still got a ways to go, but his payoff could be immense.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

INFORMER wrote:I could see him offering Dragic and Morris Twins for Kevin Love.
That would honestly crush me. I'd much rather give up Bledsoe or basically any other Sun than Dragic. The Dragon should spend the rest of his career here.

SDC

Post by SDC »

INFORMER wrote:
SDC wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
I could see him offering Dragic and Morris Twins for Kevin Love.
so how much is minny going to pay rubio?

m1chal

Post by m1chal »

Mori Chu wrote: That would honestly crush me. I'd much rather give up Bledsoe or basically any other Sun than Dragic. The Dragon should spend the rest of his career here.
Where's that And1 button when you need it. I'm 100% with you Mori.

m1chal

Post by m1chal »

SDC wrote: so how much is minny going to pay rubio?
I read rumors Rubio wants >10 mil. He's definitely not worth that much IMO.